You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Celtic Festival Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Celtic Festival Ghosts

 

Upstate Pa is pretty much Celtic country or was up until the 80s being majorly Welsh, Cornish and Irish families full of Celtic myths and legends. This happened to me while I was up there recently for a Celtic festival.

Me and my dad was up there walking around seeing all the sights and hearing all the bagpipes and seeing dancers, taking pictures. I kept getting this feeling someone was right behind me or following me, and I'd turn around and on one would be there. My dad stayed a good distance from me so it wasn't him. Occasionally when me and my dad would be in the old section, on the outskirts of the festival to see all the historic buildings I walked alone, I knew I was alone, heard no footsteps. But still I could hear breathing and bagpipes faintly amongst the crickets and cicadas in the background almost too low to hear. I could see a figure in the corner of my eye.

Later when the festival was over and night fell quickly upon the town and everybody went home my dad and I went to pay the historical site another visit. It also got really cold in certain spots near certain buildings so me and my dad took pictures around these ruins just to see if we could catch some ghosts in them.

When walking back my dad was ahead of me, I saw lonely bagpiper sitting on a stone wall so I sat next to him he must has been in his late fifties or sixties. I asked what clan he was and he mentioned he was not a clan, but was a piper of Welsh ancestry. So I asked him what's your last name and he said Trezise. I was shocked; as if god himself had appointed this meeting I was so happy. We talked about many things life, the past, sad things, and happy things, and life advice it seemed we talked for a while but I guess it wasn't to long. But what struck me as odd was towards the end of the conversation I told him about my family and he told his. I told him my great grandfather was a redheaded Welshman and played the pipes just like piper, but I never knew him, I only heard stories of great grandfather. The piper said he and his son and brother built a house together on a hill overlooking a graveyard and near a coal mine. I thought to myself that's funny I was told my great grandfather and grandfather built a house upstate on hill overlooking a grave yard and a coal mine too. He giggled and nodded as if he had known what I thought and acknowledged it. I was about ask to him how we could stay in contact, but my phone rang and it was my dad and he was at the car and wanted to go, so I got up to go. I said goodbye to the piper he nodded and then put his mouth to the pipe and played a little old tune I thought I recognized as I walked away down the road. A few seconds later I turned around a second time to wave but he was gone, but the tune was stuck in my head until I got to the car. Later I made the connection that it could have been my great grandfather checking up on me.

Later when I got the pictures developed and every single one of them had an orb or greenish mist in it and well as a few pictures of the historical buildings there was a redheaded piper in the background or in some of the windows looking out.

Comments are welcome, I would like to hear any other similar experiences, because I firmly believe this was my great grandfather and its wasn't just a coincidence.

Other hauntings by WelshmanTrezise

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WelshmanTrezise, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WelshmanTrezise (5 stories) (12 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
Well if you want to see some pics I'v got loads of them, I don't know how to upload them so maybe if yall still be askin for em you can look me up on facebook sometime. Oh and to you Callthewind, I never palyed the pipes before, but I had a bunch of unussual chances to learn how to. I keep getting these fylers in them mail about piping acadimies and piping teachers. I even saw a load of bagpipes for sale at a celtic store in them mountains of N.C where I got family. Ps. Appalachia is total celt country so I'm sure yall find a load of ghost stories there!
Szaffi (37 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
Let me guess. You went to a Samhain gathering. In this case is not a surprise. I bet you know what I am talking about.
callthewind (17 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-17)
This sounds extraordinary! To me, given your background presented in previous stories, that this was your great grandfather. Have you thought more of or researched the song he played that felt familiar to you? Do you play the pipes?

I agree with the rest of the posters that pictures would be valued.

Thank You 😁
MizMiMi02 (8 stories) (56 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
Sometimes we do things that would seem out of the ordinary if you're not in that situation. Seems you had a pull (if you will) to this man, and you felt comfortable with him. Thus being why you just sat down and struck up a chat. Sometimes they make themselves known in the most simple of ways, and we can take it or leave it. You were at a festival that was close to his heart, and he wanted to be close to you at that time. It was your great grandfather, and it was no coincedence.:)
Argette (guest)
+4
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
Yes, I would like to see the photos. I think they would illuminate the story greatly.
Cfinnegan (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
So you just started talking casually with him? You made it sound like you were the best of friends:-).
ghostly94 (2 stories) (23 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
Maybe it was your great grandfather checking up on you and maybe making sure your family all ok 😊
Ghostly94
faith17 (3 stories) (29 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
Do you think you could post any of these pictures? I would love to see them! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: