You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: He Sees Me

Real Ghost Stories

He Sees Me

 

I was crying. In my room and all alone, I cried myself to sleep for almost a whole week. How was I to know the guy I liked didn't like me really. He just used me to get to my sister. You see, my sister and I are the best of friends with huge personality differences. She does sports, she has many friends at school, she goes on dates almost every weekend while I am shy, I do ballroom dancing and the Arts, and flirting with guys just doesn't come naturally to me. So when this guy was flirting with me and taking me out to dances and all the fun stuff that this perfect guy could dream up, I thought that maybe I wasn't as unpopular as I thought I was. Then one hot summer night, he broke the news to me that "he didn't mean to let it become this" and "he was so sorry" but "I want to know your sister". And that is when I started to cry myself to sleep that long and slow week.

Twelve-thirty rolled around and awake I sat, teary eyed and just miserable in the window sill staring out into the darkness. Every time I thought of him, a fresh round of tears would swell up and fall down my face and make the ends of my hair wet and salty. It had been five nights he had my sister out late, and five nights since I had a good night's sleep. I couldn't stand being in my room any longer. I didn't want to see his car pull into my driveway again and make my broken heart throb in agony. And I didn't want to cry any more. Angry, frustrated, and sad, I opened up my window, pushed the screen out, and climbed out into the warm, summer darkness.

Bare feet hardly making a sound on the pavement, my shadow following me as I passed street lights, I walked down the road. I was never one to go out in the night. I had never snuck out before. I never even really thought about walking the empty blocks at night. But it felt good. There was nobody to see me, nobody to look out there window at me, no one to drive pass me on the street, no one. Although I am usually alone, that night I felt completely alone. The night air felt wonderful in my emptiness. There was no body to ask "what's wrong" when I know they really don't care.

The park was so still and so dark. Blackness lay beyond the trees, the play ground was so still and quiet, everything was just mysterious and new to me. I really did like this new world of darkness. The crickets chirped loudly and the stars shone brightly as I ran off into the trees. The grass was cold on my feet as I ran.

"It's almost as cold as Adam!" I said coming between my two favorite climbing trees. They were so beautiful in the night's dim light. I looked between there boughs and up into the stars, those hot tears springing back into my eyes.

"How could you lie to me?" I cried angrily. "How could you use me? Why couldn't you be the Prince Charming you pretended to be? I didn't do anything to you? Why did you want to hurt me?"

I couldn't say anymore. I was sobbing too hard. I stood there between my trees sobbing until I passed out, or something. For the next thing I know I'm lying on the cold ground, not moving, not crying.

"She's trying to die, oh no," a voice far away yet right next to me said. I wanted to let out a breath, a voice, or move my eyes, but I couldn't. I could hear something move right close to my ear and then the voice came back. "You can't die," he said. "I don't think it's your time..."

I still couldn't move. I was scared. Some guy was speaking right in my ear and I was paralyzed. I heard him move again and the next thing I know, he's laying next to me so he can look at my face. A man, young, handsome, and very pale looked at me with black eyes matching mine.

"How a man can hurt a woman, I don't know," he said. Nothing he was saying made sense to me. "But that is no reason to die. Dying is not the answer to every problem..."

I managed to let out a very small breath and an even smaller moan while trying to speak. "I'm sorry, what was that?" he said. I could now blink and move my eyes. I saw this tall figure was wearing church clothes. I looked back at him and tried to speak again.

"I don't know you," I managed to sputter out.

"I know," he said.

We laid there for who knows how long. But I laid there silent while he talked to me about who knows what. I soon enjoyed just hearing him talk about everything and nothing.

"I need to go home," I told him and climbed slowly to my feet. He stood up too, watching me the whole time.

"Yes," he said, "It is rude of me to keep a lady out this late..."

"There need to be more gentlemen like you in the world," I told him.

"Ahhh..." he said and gave me, a complete stranger, a hug. I have never had a hug like that in my life. "I'm not in the world..." He said. "But let me warn you before I leave, never count on dying to fight pain. Even when others you love do, they'll wait patient until you join them..."

He sent me off home and I ran the whole way. I never understood what he meant by his last words until the very next winter. My grandfather died unexpectedly, my cousin took his life, my dog was poisoned and died in my lap, and my uncle passed away of cancer. But the young gentleman's words were always in my head.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PheepheeofDayton, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
Well I'm writting this before I read the other messages so if I'm repeating anyone I'm sorry for that. Well it sounds like to me, you had a visit from an angel. Nothing to be afraid of with this visiter.

Take care,

Walter 😁
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
I think this could have happened. I've mention before that I know I have guardians, and I know that they have saved me from things. Maybe this man that you met in the park was your Guardian Spirit, maybe he was an Angel of Death even - they're supposed to be some of the most compassionate, and refuse to take humans to heaven before their time is up. Either possibility could be a truth.

As for your sister and this jerk, I'm going to agree with the osters from years ago - It was definitely cold of her to go with this creep if she had known what he had done to you. That was low of her, as a sister, and as a friend.

I hope in the years since this transpired that you are alright and well, though you may not post here anymore.

Take care,
Penny ❤
DanielaL (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
Are you sure this is even real? It sounds like a plot of s story to me. It's a very good plot though:)
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-27)
This story sounds to me that it was your mind. First you went out of your house kind of like in a stupor. Being angry and crying alot. While in this stupor you wondered near the woods and when you woke from this you were frighten, to where you were at and need someone to comfort you. So our minds take over and in your mind was this man, that came to you to help comfort you. Once that happen you felt safe and not wanting to harm yourself and things were okay then.
Being a young girl alone at night anywhere is unsafe thing to do. But when we are "love sick" we do many things we would not of done if we were not in that condition. From reading your story I don't feel it was a spirit, ghost or an angel. But I do believe in these as angels do come to us when we need help or to be consoled. But this story I don't feel this in it. But it was a well written story just the same.
Juliette (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-15)
Sounds too much like creative writing. Are you sure you didn't make this story up as part of your interest in the arts?
paggark (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-23)
I hate to say this but if you and your sister were close she wouldn't have gone out the that damn cold-hearted bastard (sorry for my language) of a man.

The man that you discribed in your story talking to you, he know's that your time wasn't on that day or anyday soon, he know's your pain even if he says 'he's not from this world'. A man like him that show's great respect for a woman like you is a angel safing the life of a broken hearted soul who's life is shattered by one man, but to let you know that there are better men out there that will be looking for someone like you to be with in there lifes.(I've been single since the day I was born and now I'm a single 20yr old woman, my cousin who is 2 months younger then me became pregnent by a guy that cheated and brokeup with you and now there back together and got pregnant again)

The ones you have loved that had left this world will be waiting for you in the otherside, looking after you well you carry on with yours in the living, forget the person you once liked and look for someone that will fill your heart with great joy and happiness. That boy shouldn't have treated you like that and your sister should know how you are feeling right now since you had said that the both of you were close, I have two younger sister's that I love dearly and would do anything for them (even if they annoy the crap out of me 😆). Don't let anyone take you down, if they do, left yourself back up and walk forward, head held high and be proud of who you are, no one controls your life except you (and maybe your parents)

Have a great day Pheepheeofdayton 😁
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-28)
Dear Sophia,

A story like yours always makes me feel sad. It reminds me of how much human beings are not taught from their first breath to their last breath that they are loveable and unconditionally loved, no matter who they are, what they have accomplished and where they are on thier journey of life. It is, I know idealistic of me, but it is my prayer of intention for evey human being like you to awaken and change the human systems so that not one spirit will even consider taking their own life. It is my prayer of intention that all human educational systems teach human beings from their birth to their death the first lesson, to love thy self unconditionally.

Let us take your story and consider these things if you truly loved yourself unconditionally and had been taught this since birth to present. First, you would never be bothered about being labeled popular or unpopular, because those labels would not exist. Everyone would be popular for just being who they are and being the best they could be. Second, you would not have looked outside yourself to have another human being complete who you are, because you would already love your self completely, warts and all, and you would already be whole. The young man would also have been whole, and he would have not asked you out in order to date your sister. If he loved himself, he would have had the honesty and integrity to choose not to lie and to use another human being for self gain or agenda. Instead, he would have just called your sister up and asked her out on a date. Your sister would also have been whole, and she would have recognized the situation and would have chosen not to hurt you. She would have chosen not to date any young man who would intentionally use you and hurt you in order to date her. If you, the young man and your sister, all loved yourselves unconditionally, this whole sad story and contemplation of suicide would not have ever occurred nor would your present story have been posted on this site.

Yes, it is an idealistic thought, but what if human beings would teach the lesson of loving oneself unconditionally first, what if? What if, all the energy used for other lessons whether positive or negative were instead put into this first lesson. Maybe, just maybe, with all that human energy it could move a what if into a reality where it becomes a what is.

I can tell you from personal experience, the young men will come and go. Some will leave you with fond memories, while others will just leave you. In the end, especially in the final days of your life, you will always have yourself, your personal belief sytem and all those like family and friends who love you for the person you are, warts and all. If you ever feel alone, remember yourself, your belief and know that it is good to have but one friend who loves you unconditionally than to have many acquaintences who love you for what you can give them. Your first best friend should be "you".

In time you will see how things have played out in your life, and sometimes, you will also be able to see how they played out in the lives of those who hurt you. As you age, and hopefully mature, you will see that though those who hurt you will have the same done to them, it will not be this great sense of satisfaction as you may think it will be, like when the hurt was first new and fresh. Instead, it will be like a bittersweet memory, and you may actually find yourself feeling sorry for those who hurt you, as they go through the same or similar hurtful experience or experiences. Hopefully, by then you have learned to forgive them for their mistakes and in many cases, to forgive yourself, if you have chosen to also blame yourself for your mistakes.

As for the gentleman with the good advice and company on that night you chose to even think about the taking of your life, well he may have been an angel, a guide, a crossed over ancestor, a ghost, a spirit or even someone created by you to save yourself from yourself. I'll leave that interpretation up to you.

What matters is that you are alive today to tell your story, and that is what love can do when it is given to us unconditionally in the form of life by the devine or whatever label, word or face you choose to put upon it.

If you learn but one lesson in this life, learn to love yourself unconditionally. --Abby
SeeminglyInsane (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
As for the boy trouble: I know a lot of people are going to probably piss you off saying "Oh don't waste your time crying blah blah blah..." I know for a fact you can't help it. This guy played you, it hurts, you're going to cry about it until you don't feel it anymore.

As for you sister: It's not my place to say something, but a sister who truly cared would not be with someone you've been with. Even if you broke up on good terms, that's not how family works.

As for that mysterious guy: It seems to me he wasn't a ghost, but someone who came across a distressed teenage girl, and what are teenage girls usually distressed over? Teenage boys. Very predictable. Also, he basically said don't kill yourself if your hurting on the inside, it's not right, and if people you love do, they'll be waiting for you on the other side. I doubt he knew that you would be having deaths in the family, but he was commenting on finding you and thinking you were trying to kill yourself. I'm sure he was trying to save you. From harm you might try to inflict upon yourself.
One more thing, he hugged you. You wrote nothing about how the hug felt. If it was a paranormal experience you would have.
Usually being touched by the paranormal will cause the hairs on the back of your neck to stand, and you'll feel a tingling sensation. I can't say it would be cold, because there are a such thing as ghosts who are warm.

I know I don't know much about this stuff, but I know enough.

I hope I don't come off as rude to you,
and I certainly hope you don't get mad that I don't think your experience was a ghost.
I do hope though, for your happiness, and your tears to stop falling.
Don't worry either, they will stop falling, your heart just needs to heal.

Good luck in everything you wish to accomplish, and have a happy life.
Quatermaine (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
what kind of sister would do that to another?! After all the pain you went through she still went out with him?!? Had you told your sister about what had happened before she went out with him?!

these things are meant to make us stronger, grow a second skin and be wiser next time round. Don't let a boy get you this worked up lass it's really not worth it, there's plenty of good guys out there!

as for the monk... Your guardian angel maybe?

take care
Sorcha (59 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
Hi Sophia,
Very nice story and well written. However if it is true, no guy is worth walking around outside on your own late at night 🤔 It sounds very dangerous.

xx
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-19)
Who was that guy? Did he look familiar to you in any way? Your story makes me want to do some serious thinking! 😲

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: