You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Blue Light In Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

Blue Light In Bedroom

 

I awoke from a nightmare that was about something evil and involved me reciting prayers from the book of Psalms in the Bible. I was laying on my right side and awoke quite suddenly. I was rolling over onto my right side and that's when I saw a shimmering blue light approx 6ft high and 3 ft wide.

I have two sliding cloest doors mirrors at the end of my bed and this laser-looking like was only in the right side door mirror. It was a complete and perfect rectangle, meaning I was intensely aware of it's outline being very sharp. No light was escaping it's boundaries and the rectangle boundary lines were exact. The light was an amazing blue, as though from a laser, however it almost completey filled the closet door, but offset to the right side. My eyes froze on the rectagular blue light. I have a window to the right side of my bed and did not see a lght of any kind in my peripheral vision. In what was seconds felt like much longer.

I tried to rationalize that it was from my surrond sound that has a small blue light when it is on, but it was turned off. I couldn't figure out why the light, if it was coming from the window, wasn't being reflected in the left closet door mirror. Plus, my window has horizontal blinds that were closed, has a computer desk with 2 tiers in fron of it, and a desk chair that sits in front of 1/3 of it.

The large ractangle of blue light was brilliant and I got the feeling it was not IN my mrrior but in another part of my room. Let me also mention that my backyard has a 6 foot wooden privacy fence so nothing could have shown through from a neighbor. This light disappeared from the bottom up. For a long time after that, my eyes kept seeing a rectangle navy blue light, much like your eyes would see if having looked into a flashlight in the dark. The light was burned into my retina.

My questions are: Why was the light only in the right closet door mirror? Why did I sense it was coming from the room, but there was no reflection of the light from anywhere? Why were the lines of the rectangle so distinct, as though the light was contained?

The rectanlge was perfect. I brought my son in the room to sleep with me after that, and I kept reciting the Lord's Prayer. Why didn't I see it as soon as I woke up if it was imagined, and saw it after I rolled over to get comfortable after my nightmare?

The light was the most amazing blue I have ever seen in my life. I can't describe it. What sticks with me the most is how the light did not cross the boundary of the rectangle lines. If a reflection in the mirror, how could it be so confined?

I don't know if this is relevant, but my 12 year old male minpin has been acting strange lately. He sits up as though looking at something and wags his tail and then sits in a position to watch it, but there is nothing there. This has happened several times recently.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dirtangel2011, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

M333 (1 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-01-01)
Hi,dirtyangel2011! I registered here just to talk to you because I saw your comment in my research, I hope you can answer me! The exact same thing happened to my husband yesterday! In new' s year night! I was lawyed at his sidein the bed but I don' t see nothing (and I'm normally the " sensitive one ").We steayed like WOW! I wonder if you had more experiences like that one and what happened to you after you saw that blue light rectangle. Thank you very much.
Happy 2021 everybody:)
cristilee (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-16)
This happened about two months ago, one morning I woke up, went to the bathroom and then returned to lay down next to my 12 year old son that just awoke. I was getting ready to start getting dressed for work and as always kiss my boy Before Doing so. The time was 5:55-ish, morning and still dark outside. I whispered to him: "have a good day mama!" Then, just as I finished saying that, from the corner of the bedroom this fluorescent, electric, blue light expanded through out the room, about 5 feet and 2 inches above the floor, 5 inches thick, in waves almost, very little ripple. The light itself was like I have never seen, thick, I could almost see it spreading out. It was on for as long as one could say "20001", like two and a half seconds, and then was gone, just like that. My son said "what the heck!" And I was speechless. I wasn't the only one who has seen it, my son saw it too. So I can't deny that it happened or that I imagined it. It just doesn't make sense to me. I just I don't know what we saw. What do you guys think? I really need some input on this and very much appreciated it! Thanks for taking the time to read this!
hitechguy (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-07)
Here's my somewhat similar blue light story:

I'm 53 now. This incident happened when I was about 21.
I had just woken in the morning and still lying in bed. I saw streaks of bright blue light, almost laser sharp but thicker, streak on the wall and cabinets in from of me for several seconds. I assumed the source was behind me (the wall my headboard was on) and turned to look behind my left shoulder. On that wall (my bedroom was in the finished basement) was a glass block window that was covered by some poster at the time. I didn't see the source of blue light but what I did see was a silhouette of a woman approach the window from the other side (a storage area of our basement) with what looked like a candle being held by her left hand (the "candle" light appeared to be maybe a foot or less to the left side of her head). The head and shoulder outline was clear and it stayed there for maybe 10 seconds or so, then it turned to its left and moved away and faded away. It's strange to think, but at the time I really thought it was my mother, looking for something in that area of the basement. I waited for some minutes but didn't hear her walking upstairs, so I got up checked that area of the basement (no one there) and went upstairs to the main level of the house. She wasn't home. I then realized the gravity of what happened. When my mother returned home a couple of hours later, I asked her when she had left and it was hours before the incident took place.

I am absolutely certain the event took place (not a dream) and am equally certain that it was not linked to any normal activities around the house.

It hasn't happened since. My grandmother, who used to live with us, had passed away a couple of years prior.
bilbil17 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
Hello dirtangel! I had a similar experience a few years ago. My brother and I witnessed something very much like you've described, except ours was round and about the size of a basketball. My story is posted here under "Forever at Camp". See what you think.

BB
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Wow, what a very interesting story here, dirtangel2011. I am going to have to agree with the posters here, about the light being a portal. But, I don't know, why would it be in your room?. I have to admit that my first thoughts when reading this were something to do with aliens 😆 even though I don't really believe in aliens.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
This is very interesting indeed. Someone else has seen a rectangle of blue light! I hear of portals that spirits can come through from the other side that are located in certain areas of the place that is visited. Never hear of a color, or a visual of it, but, if you are sensitive, I don't know why it is not possible for it to be seen, just as some people can see spirits etc. Yes, I have heard of blue lights of energy also, I personally saw a large oval, small person sized bundle of energy one night when I was in distress over my failing marriage. It felt very, very good!
I would love to hear more on this blue light, possible portal subject!
❤
michellegoodrich (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
my grandfather wrote a story about the time he was visited by his late wife, and he described a blue rectangle, that looked like a big playing card. I've also had a paranormal experience in his home and saw a small very bright and beautiful blue shape near a mirror.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
I agree with some of the other posters on here. I've been reading a lot about mysterious blue lights lately, for some reason. Researching, I guess. It seems that a blue light signifies a rip in time and space. When people have mysteriously disappeared in times past, there have been reports of a strange blue light in the midst of the disappearance. I'm not saying that you were in danger of being sucked out of time and space. Or maybe I am. I don't know. I'm glad you are okay. I'm glad you didn't try to go near it. I would just be careful in that area in the future. I'm probably over reacting. You can vote me down for this. It doesn't seem ghostly though. Interdimensional, maybe, but not ghostly. I'm sorry, I've rambled too much.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Definitely a very unique and interesting experience... Have you had any other experiences since? Did you feel a presence or any particular emotions associated with the light? It is really odd that it was in such a precise shape. Usually when people see light formations like that, they are non-committal in shape, almost amoeba-like and they shift or pulse. This almost sounds like a doorway or gateway to another realm, which you may have seen for a moment if the conditions were right.

Thanks for sharing!
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-15)
Lindsay, that's the first thing I thought of, PORTAL and it was as natural a thought as if I had seen a million of em, but, I havent. Just a feeling I got. Maybe DirtAngel, this is something worth researching. ❤
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
They say that dogs are more sensitive to supernatural beings... And not only dogs but cats, etc...

So that could be something about what your dog is reacting to could be something to do with the blue rectangle.

Peace
JustCurious
Lindsay (2 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
Hi DirtAngel, I find it really interesting that folk with a fascination for spiritualism put one interpretation on an event like this, but if you were more sci-fi minded you might consider this to be something quite different, like an 'inter-dimensional portal' or something. I don't know I just made that up but I hope you know what I mean.
You might like to pop your story on to our site which deals with a broad spectrum of phenomena and see what comes up. Just an idea. Details are in my profile if you're interested.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: