You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Saw A Ghost, Alarm Going Off, Flickering Lights

Real Ghost Stories

Saw A Ghost, Alarm Going Off, Flickering Lights

 

I am just looking for some answers or just some help with these few things I have experienced. So I would really appreciate any feedback that you guys have.

I just moved out of my old house less than a week ago. I had a few things happen in that house. I had a lamp in my bedroom that was constantly turning on, whenever I turned it off.

My parents are also divorced so whenever I wasn't at that house, the alarm clock in my bedroom would go off. It would go off all hours of the day. My dad was constantly having to go and turn it off. We had no idea what was causing this.

I also had two things happen in the middle of the night. One night I woke up and I was freezing. I rolled over to get a blanket and I saw a ghost-like figure standing in the middle of my room. To this day I still remember exactly what the ghost looked like, it has been about a year since that happened. Then the next night after that, I woke up freezing again. I rolled over and saw the ghost laying in bed next to me. I was so scared and just hid under the blankets and went back to sleep.

We recently moved into our new house, and the renters in our old house have been telling us about all these things happening. They said that in the living room the curtains were swinging back and forth, and the strings that hang from a fan were swinging back and forth hitting each other. This was shocking because we knew there was something in that house but had never experienced anything that big. Another thing that happened was that a locked door opened. Also in the middle of the night, one of the women woke up and felt someone brushing the top of her head, parting her hair.

It hasn't even been a week since we moved out, and it's shocking that they are seeing things this quickly.

I decided to submit this story just to see if anyone could help, or had any explanation for these things

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, littleluv, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

littleluv (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-01-28)
Dear Berggraf38,
It took me forever to fall back asleep actually. I was too afraid to turn back over though, so I stayed facing the wall all night long
Berggraf38 (3 stories) (22 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-01-27)
Wow, as someone with chronic insomnia, I'm envious that some people can simply go back to sleep right after seeing a ghost next to them.
I get nervous about the slightest things in life and couldn't sleep a lot of the time even if someone bashed me over the head with a baseball bat!
Rachel9997 (4 stories) (27 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-01-23)
Hi littleluv,

I agree with lady-glow that it's odd your dad would see the same figure at work because ghosts are often attached to one place. But I have experienced something similar. I feel like I've been followed by a ghost from my house to my workplace because it seems strange that both of these places would be haunted and I experienced similar activity in both places. I think it's definitely possible that it was the same figure. But like lady-glow said, it is strange that the tenants have experienced other activity if it's attached to your family.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-01-21)
Welcome to YGS.

Proven that the flickering lights wasn't a faulty electric system, I agree with Biblio, it seems like that house is haunted.

I find it odd that your father would see the same figure at work, usually ghosts are attached to places meaningful to their life and/or the time of their passing. And, if this ghost were following your family, the current tenants of the house wouldn't have experienced all the activity you have reported.
Just my opinion.

"I decided to submit this story just to see if anyone could help, or had any explanation for these things."

It's very difficult for anyone to know the reasons that hold a spirit earthbound, much more to explain what exactly is going on in that house.

Knowing the history of the house would be very helpful, perhaps researching the city/town archives could shed some light on the identity of this woman. Focus especially on previous duellers that might have died in the premises. Also the history and use of the land before it was developed for residential purposes.

Since you don't live there anymore, perhaps the new tenants could ask for the help of a pastor/priest/rabbi or try to cleanse their home according to their faith and personal beliefs.

Thanks for sharing.
littleluv (1 stories) (2 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-01-21)
Thank you for answering, Bibliothecarius

So the thing in my room looked very real. It looked like a person, not like a ghost would, it was not see-through in any way. It had grey skin and was very thin and boney. Its face looked like an older lady. It had long black tangly hair. It was standing in the middle of my room, looking partially down, and was like glaring at me. It had a white dress, and the bottoms were ripped. It looked like a real person. My dad said he saw the same figure as well, but at work once. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or it's just a coincidence.

I appreciate your answering very much, and I'm happy to answer any questions that you have
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-01-21)
Greetings, littleluv, and welcome to YGS.

Your description of the overall events sound like a typical haunting phenomenon, possibly a sentient entity. However, I'd be interested in getting a clearer description of the entity you saw. You stated, "To this day I still remember exactly what the ghost looked like... I rolled over and saw the ghost laying in bed next to me" however, you do not indicate the level of detail visible in this manifestation.

Thanks in advance for filling in some of the gaps in your description.

Biblio.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: