You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lady In Blue

Real Ghost Stories

Lady In Blue

 

I was at the church in the ghost town of Golden, Oregon yesterday (Jan.7, 2022). At 12:26pm I walked alone through the church door and nearly bumped into a woman to my right, whom was wearing a calico dress of light blue flowers. I jumped and made a sound, which my husband (who was right outside) heard and saw. She was tall like me. I noticed her long sleeved, high necked blue dress, but she disappeared before I could see her head and face. At first I thought she was another visitor whose presence I was merely unaware of at the site. But she disappeared instantly when I jumped. I snapped a photo of the pulpit, then went outside & told my husband & the curator who were standing there. I was unaware of any "ghost sightings" at Golden, and have never seen a ghost anywhere before yesterday! I went home and started researching. I would be interested in any story of a similar sighting, especially at the Golden Ghost Town.

I only have 1032 characters, so I need to type a bit more before my story can be published. I mentioned I have never seen a ghost before, but I AM sensitive and intuitive. I have seen large, male hands superimposed over mine when I was driving alone at night, and when I rubbed my husband's shoulders in the hospital a few days before he died.

5 years ago in Houston, Texas I saw a flash of light in my friend's kitchen the morning of her son's wedding. Then I heard (telepathically),"I'm Grandpa Joe! You can hear me?" He started talking very fast, so I said aloud, "Slow down. I'm going to take notes. I am new to this and not very good." Moments later my friend walked in and confirmed she called her maternal grandfather "Grandpa Joe"!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, imsusan67, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-01-15)
Hello imsusan67, what a fascinating encounter, it must have been startling for sure to bump into someone who appears solid and then disappears, you seem to have a gift.

I also echo Miracles1031 question, you mention rubbing your husbands shoulders a few days before he died and seeing the hands superimposed over yours, but you mention your husband was with you during this siting only a week ago? I'm assuming it was an older marriage but would like clarity on this? Perhaps you could elaborate more on your earlier intuitive/psychic experiences, I'm intrigued!

Good Luck!
Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-01-14)
Hi imsusan67

I feel that since you have a sixth sense/intuitive sense spirits will be more drawn to you, maybe to get a message across or to show you that they are around.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+3
2 years ago (2022-01-10)
Wow, you are sensitive, apparently. Did you only hear Grandpa Joe? Was it a brief flash of light? I'm a little curious to have you explain more detail about that one! (I'm convinced my loved ones have been at our special occasions, mainly because of photographic evidence).

Also, when you were rubbing your husband... Do you remember specifically if you sensed the hands or saw them and... Did you FEEL any certain way at the time (other than of course sad and stressed). I am really awed about the hands.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
2 years ago (2022-01-10)
imsusan67 - as lady-glow said, welcome to YGS. I was a little confused about one thing you said. "...and when I rubbed my husband's shoulders in the hospital a few days before he died."
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-01-10)
Welcome to YGS.

What an interesting set of experiences.

At this point, I'm not sure if the lady at the church was a ghost or if it was a residual haunting.

It seems like you didn't register anything odd about her until the moment she disappeared before your eyes. Although, it seems, her attire was dated.

There's a plethora of stories in the forum about encounters involving ghosts that look as solid as living people.

The overlapping hands make me think that you have seen the hands of your spirit guardian.

Thanks for sharing these fascinating experiences.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: