You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Plants of Jewel Rose

Real Ghost Stories

The Plants of Jewel Rose

 

My mother died in 1978 and two days before she died, she asked me and my older brother what we would do if she died and my mother being was in what the family thought excellent health, not taking her serious, we jokingly replied what we wanted of her estate.

Two days later my mother died of a massive heart attack. My mom had always told me that when she died, she would come back to take care of her plants. My mom was obsessed with plants and had them in every room in the house including the bathroom. The day of the funeral, later that evening, I was laying in bed at my mother's home and only God knows that this is the truth... Suddenly my mother appeared in the very dress I had buried her in. I was not asleep, and from the bed I could see down a hallway and there she was attending to one of her hanging plants that had been one of her favorite plants and she turned slowly, smiled at me and vanished.

The following day my step dad has fallen asleep on the living room couch and had broken a large sea shell that had a plant in it that was sitting on the coffee table. No one knew he had broken it. My sister and I were sitting at the kitchen table and we could see the plant on the coffee table and it moved from the center of the coffee table to the very edge of the table and I jumped up to catch it.

That is how we knew it had been broken. Mom had come back to tell us. Surely Mom was still taking care of her plants.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Arnette Brown, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-05)
Well your Mother is true to her word, she would take care of her plants, and she still is.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
Dear Arnette,

That was a pleasant, simple story, and I greatly enjoyed reading it. Thank you for taking your time to share it here.

Potted Blessings, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
Loved ones do come back from time to time to check up on us. But I am not sure if it is a good thing for your mother to keep returning to tend to her plants. Maybe she afraid she will be forgotten when she moves on or that no one will take care of the things that gave her the greatest joy. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: