You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: White Rose

Real Ghost Stories

White Rose

 

My mom works in a hospital as a nurse-midwife here in Manila, and because of this, I was used to seeing a hospital and everything in it-- I mean EVERYTHING. As I said in my previous story here, I have had my 'gift' ever since I can remember although I can only have the best of them by seeing them and never speaking nor hearing them.

One night, I was with my mom in the hospital because she was on her PM shift and I had no one at home (my dad was a seaman and I was the only child back then). My mom was working in the delivery room, so she let me stay in the labor room (the labor and delivery room of the hospital were separated) and have me study for my test the next day. I remember, I was with one patient and she was sleeping. I was reading from my Science textbook when I saw a man, wearing jeans and a shirt, walk in the labor room. He sat beside the bed of the patient, held her hand, but never spoke. I just watched him as he did whatever he was doing, but I was kind of wondering as well, why the patient wasn't waking up.Well, I never did bother myself, and I soon found myself reading again. After about 3 more minutes, I noticed the man standing in front of me. I was surprised at first but he smiled at me. I smiled back, then I returned with my book. After a few seconds, he was still in front of me. I looked up at him with wonderment and he smiled again, this time, he stretched out his hand and gave me a white rose. I held the rose, looked at it for a second, and when I looked up, he was gone. I shrugged the whole idea of him disappearing, closed my book and finally fell asleep.

I was woken by my mom the next morning and told me it was time to go home. When I fixed my things, I found the rose and remembered about the man the night before. I also saw the patient awake. I then asked her if she knew the man who went in last night. She said that there was no man last night. I told her everything the man did- how he held her hand, he looked at her and how he stayed beside her. The woman cried even before I finished my story. I felt sorry for her though I don't know why she cried. I then gave her the rose and told her she could stop crying. Upon seeing the rose, she hugged me tight and thanked me. As curious as I was, I asked her why she is thanking me.

The patient then smiled even with all the tears and said: "It was my husband you saw last night. He died of car accident the night I was about to tell him I was pregnant. He knows I love white roses and his smile."

Other hauntings by vanillaflavored_16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vanillaflavored_16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
How sad and sweet. God bless her and may the husbands soul rest in peace.

~Nikky
bettinawesome (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-25)
Cool story. So touching:)) ❤ It shows that love is more powerful than death. Death did not become a hindrance. Gives me a bit of hope.
silver_surfer (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
only ghosts knows what they need to do before they say goodbye for the last time, that's why they would like to ask favor for someone who had a 3rd eye because they could help lives of others
silver_surfer (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
sometimes God would gave them a chance to let someone see them before they will go to another place called heaven so that person will be the key or the solution to say farewell to their beloved ones.
cherrie25 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
very touching nice story... Up to the end, the husband still love & care for his wife...
GhostBeliever40 (27 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-18)
Very touching story I loved both of your stories they are so fun to read. 😁

I hope you make more stories.

Take care 😉
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-18)
Such a beautiful story. A husband comes back to care for his wife, who never got to tell him she was pregnant with there child.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2009-11-12)
And to point one more thing, a ghost can bother you when you least expected. Awake or asleep it doesn't matter, it finds a way to wake a personm up. I'm still puzzled of why he gave her the rose. I mean why a rose; a white one to say the least and not a red one? It's kind of hard to believe that something in spirit can give a person something physical. I heard lot of stories and I never heard that before. Usaully a ghost leave something behind and never give a person anything upfront.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2009-11-12)
Dying in bed or sleeping, doesn't matter. The point is that why did the man gave her the rose and not to his love instead? Not all my stories have demons and some of the stories are basically bring some sort of suspense. I just dislike stories thata re touchy, because that kind of story is the one that scares me the most.
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
What a beautiful story and a true testament to the powers of love. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Zzsgranny: Amen to that statement! 😉
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
bldfalcon, first of all, the woman wasn't dying, she was having or had just had, a baby... Maybe the man gave the rose to someone else so as not to wake or frighten his wife... Sometimes you need to think before you write... I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...I think the reason that it's not your cup of tea is the absense of "demons"...

This is a great story, and this site needs more of them, if anyone has any?
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
-3
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
I don't know it's too much drama going on. Not my cup of tea, I like stories that I can relate too. It doesn't make sense how the man came up to you, of all people and gave you a rose instead of his own wife. What's up with that! Correct me if I'm, but if a person is near death he or she can see her dead love ones. So, maybe is one of those ironic moments. Other wise, this story it's alright. I hate meaningful stories, but I found this one to be more touching just for one reason. My granfather is very old and someday I would love to see him in spirit. I could undertand if that man was your relative, but it wasn't.
clairebear (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
thats such a sweet story, so cute ❤ probably the best story I have read ❤
esther91 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
That was a beaufiful story thank you so much for sharing it.
❤ Esther
mandalyn05 (5 stories) (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
oh wow, that about made me cry. It was a great story. I love reading stories like this!
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
That was a great story! True love never dies.
I'm also throwing this one into my favorites.
KittyKatPop (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
Aww what an amazing story:)
Thank you for sharing it!
❤ totally going into my favourites 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: