You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Strange Growling Sounds

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Growling Sounds

 

My parents used to live in this older red house years ago. I wasn't born then when this occurred. This happened, in the mid 1970's and, before my parents lived there, a scientist lived there and he never came out of his home and was never to be seen by anyone, again! A family moved in there and one night they saw something unusual and ran out, got in their car and drove to a near by hotel. They never came back to get their belongings! A married couple with no family had moved in the house and later, moved out!

One night, her husband was on a business trip and had to stay at a hotel over night. His wife was home with her dog and she was in her bedroom reading a book. Suddenly, she heard this growling and deep breathing sound down the hallway! The dog heard it and started to growl and had its back up! Her door was closed but, she just grabbed her dog and bolted out of the room and ran down the steps that were next to her bedroom! She stayed in the kitchen with her dog all night! She was just so scared! She had told her husband when he came home the next day. They moved right away.

My parents moved in and my mother had spoken to the people as they were about to leave. The woman told my mother about what had happened to her and her dog. My mother really didn't believe it, and moved in. Later, a strange thing happened to my mom and my other siblings late one night. A strange sound was heard by my mother coming from the living room. She ran upstairs and got the children up and then, ran to the kitchen. They stayed there the rest of the night.

My father was working late hours and didn't come home until the morning. My parents did move after their new house was built. It was scary and my mother never forgot that haunted house. There was a neighbor that lived down the road and after my parents moved out, he had told my mother he would ride his bike at night and would drive by that old red house. He said, he heard strange noises coming from that house.

Another night, he saw these red, glowing eyes starring back at him from a distance next to the house! Later, the house was torn down. This all really did happen.

Other hauntings by canadian123

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, canadian123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-22)
ilovepdsr66,

A house that is settling can sound like many different things. Is this the first time you've heard something like this?

A Journal is a really good place to start with something like you've experienced... Keep track of them, find as many natural/normal explanations/causes you and then... Then the ones that have no explanations could be paranormal.

Thanks for sharing... And please come back if there are any more.

Respectfully,

Rook
ilovepdsr66 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-22)
I just heard growling in the room next to mine so I googled strange growling noise and found this... I sleep in the attic of our house which is fairly old. I noticed that this was posted in 2007 and as of now I'm 5 years late lol. Does a house settling ever sound like growling? It scared my cat pretty badly. The house is kind of creepy since our backyard is the oldest cematary in my city (est. In 1838) and the house was built 2 years later in 1840. Maybe since its 172 years old the noises would sound odd? Any ideas? I've often heard strange things here and we have had paranormal people asking to tour the house... I'm a bit of a skeptic though.
Marg (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-21)
Hello,Sarah
I decided to add alittle more about my story. My mother did hear the growling sounds and she discovered that the woman that was alone with her dog said,"It sounded like something was was crawling around and making these deep breathing, growling sounds!😐The kitchen seemed like it never went into it. My mother believes, this thing could transport itself into one room and into another. The scientist who first lived there just suddenly,disapeared.😕I should have mentined this before, there was one room upstairs that always stayed cold. It could be 100 degrees outside in the summer and still, it stayed just as cold.😐
Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
Dear Margaret,
Firstly, thank you for submitting your story. I was especially interested in it as I too have experienced “Growling” of some sort. What I experienced sounded similar to the previous owners of your parent’s house. I would love if you could, like Quatermaine stated, clarify the noises heard by your parents.
Thanking you in advance, Sarah.
Quatermaine (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
I don't know about you guys but I can't help but feel a little deflated after reading this one...
i mean did the growls sound human or animal? I guess I'm dissapointed that no-one actually had the bottle to open the door to see what/where the growls were coming from. I'm also curious as to why the kitchen became a safe haven that whatever it was couldn't enter into.

'Used to belong to a scientist that no-one ever had contact with' I'm getting images of Dr Jekyll and Hyde...

btw I'm not trying to debunk your story at all, it's just my personal opinion on it.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
Dear Margaret,

Good thing this was your parent's story, because then you didn't have to go through that kind of a scare, huh? Ah, but all those others who lived in that house before and after, poor souls. I wonder if whatever it was that was growling followed your family? I guess I will not know, because your parents are most likely not going to answer my curious questions, and you chose not to participate. Of course, all of your own free choosing, but it does leave this story somewhat suspect to anyone who is choosing to be a ghost investigator.

Blessings lie within the growl, Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
Okay I guess I am being a little 🤔 skeptical about this story. This sounds a little like Amityville horror and poltergiest combined with a little exorcist thrown in for good measure. But hey if this young lady states her parents experienced it, well I will have to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: