You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The Old House On Hampton Road

Real Ghost Stories

The Old House On Hampton Road

 

To start this off, it happened a few years ago when we first moved in (2-3 years). I was about 10 years old when we first moved into the house. It was over 100 years old and was the house of my mom's boyfriend's family for years and years. Almost his whole family lived here including his grandmother and grandfater. When we first moved in the house was normal.

Until one night my brother was baby-sitting me because my mom and her boyfriend (lets just call him John) went on a date together. They just started dateing not long ago. I was downstairs watching tv when for some reason I went into the shoe room (dont remember why.) and opened the door to get there, then was about to open the door to get outside when in the corner was a man (all I could see was a face from where I was, hardly could even make it out.) It said something loudly. I screamed and ran upstairs to my brother. He came down and nothing was there. Nothing really happened after that.

Then after a few years, just last Christmas I got an Ouija board from my brother. (then I just turned 13 and now I still am and almost 14.) After what happened I got into ghosts and Ouija board and knew what would happen it I used one. I went upstairs to try it out, lights off, door closed. So I started.

"Is anyone there?"

No answer. This went on for 20 minutes when it started saying "no" for everything. I said goodbye and packed it up. Then I got a headache and sweaty. I couldn't move. Then my brother came in and asked me a question which has nothing to do with this so I won't bother to add it in...

After then, I had a doll where there was a smaller one in it then anoter and another. It's head started moving around. Creeped me out. After a few months I had a dream about it. (I know, the rules says no dream stories but then this part won't make much sense.)

It showed a man, I knew he was dead and he was next to my room (bros room). Then I was downstairs and so was John. It was around 12 am so my mom was upstairs sleeping. John was in the bathroom brushing his teeth with the door wide open. I was sitting down then got up to go to my room. Then I seen a dog in front of me. I looked back at John and said

"do you see it!"

"What?"

"The dog, we don't have one, where did it come from?" I said

"what do?" he said back.

I looked at John and I looked back in front of me and it was gone. Then it showed the dog and old man in my brother's room and a old lady (wife) crying for their deaths. She was in black clothing. Then I woke up...

I only told one friend whose family (on dads side) could tell when a natural disaters was about to happen, about it. Then we used the Ouija board together.

"Hello, is there anyone here."

"yes"

"Are you the sun or the moon?"

(forget what it said)

*kept talking*

"Are you here with us now?"

"yes."

"can we stop?" Mary asked.

"goodbye."

Then she went on the bed and I to my desk.

"chelsea?" Mary asked (I'm chelsea)

"Yeh?"

"theres something touching my leg."

I went over then the light next to my bed started flickering. I told her to run downstaris and she did. I looked around then shut my light off then closed my door and went downstaris. Most of the time when we used the Ouija board it didn't say anything. That time was different.

After a few months I started seeing black shadows on the ground which was dog size and went past fast. (saw one when I was 10) and even now I do.

Then this happened the other week.

My friend who is clairavoyant came over, her name was Ally. (BTW, all names except mine are fakes.)

When she first came over, we brough milk to my room. Then she said scared.

"Chelsea! Did you just drop your milk!"

"no"

She looked down and nothing was there. "I felt something cold around my foot but it wasn't like cold air." (told her about the dog afterwards.)

Ally and I started useing the Ouija board. We lit a candle, closed the door and lights off. But before she set up some traps. We set up my Ipod to use to film everything. We started, nothing happened. We looked at the camera and it was too dark and faced wrong way to catch anything but we heard tapping sounds but we didn't hear it while we used the ouija board. Then we tried again and used my laptop as an audio recorder and set up the film closer to us.

We asked questons; no answer. Then we listened to the audio, nothing but my voice asking questions. The parts where no one said anything, I amplifyed it. There was a mans voice whispering. Wasn't from downstairs and nothing was on in my room. He said stuff like she was very close to me and yes. We went downstairs to show my mom at first she didn't believe us then she looked over at John with a wierd look on her face.

John then told us, "my grandmother and grandfather lived here. He died in this house."

"Did they have a dog which died here too?" I asked him (my dream, why I had to add it in)

"Yes"

I looked at her and explained to everyone about the dream. We went upstairs and I noticed one of her traps had been triggerd. The piece of paper in the closet door, the end of it had been folded. Then I looked at the film. In it was so amazing yet creepy. Right beside me, infront of the closet were arms and fingers. They were lit up and it was the reflection of anything and it moved. Once we finished and I moved a bit it went away. We showed them that too.

Then the next day she left and my mom, brother and I had to go to NS from family and John went away with his friends to Magic Mountain. I left 2 bowls of cat food from Kelikea, and filled up her water dish too. (also fresh litter).

When we came back her food bowl, nothing was eaten outta it and her water dish, all there and there was no poop/pee in the litter. And she's a gluton! She looked sketched out.

This was just 2 days ago we came back. She won't get off of the side tables or coffee tables or couch and she won't go on the floor. She looks around a lot and when she does leave, she only goes on the window ledge in the kitchen and she runs to get there. She meows a lot. The first night we came back, my mom fell asleep on the couch. My cat, for some reason made a lot of noises and meowed like crazy which woke my mom, brother and I up. We went down there and pet her for a few minutes and went back to bed. When we tried to bring her upstairs she just ran back down and hid on the couch looking sketched out again. I'm afraid she might die of starvation or something.

Just today I was cleaning my room and felt the dog walk by me. I heard banging sounds from the attic. It scares me because my cat is always scared, it scares me, also.

For some reason it only makes itself noticed around me!

I'm the only one that hears banging in the house and hears footsteps at night cause during the the I'm always home alone and at night I'm the last to fall asleep. I'm the only on who sees these black shadow the size of the dog everyday and see the white mist the size of the old man. I feel like I went crazy! I cried the other night, hearing my cat crying inside when I was outside. Knowing something might happen to her and that only I can see them. They seem to be attached to me, mostly the dog for some reason. And beacuse this only happens to me mostly, we won't move. When I tell my mom something that just happened to me (in text) she just says "its ok:) "

I know if it had wanted to hurt us it would by now. It wants me to help them I know it, I can feel it. I read before that most spirits are attached to thoses with psychic abilities (I have dreams which comes true and this wierd thing in my head shows me where something is with a wierd picture.) Anyways I'm only 13 and I'm really scared.

It won't stop making banging sounds (soft, like someone is walking around) and I know the dog is with me now cause it always follows me around. My mom won't allow me to get a priest to come by. So I don't know what to do, I need help.

Please...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tanna8107, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Indigo (263 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-22)
I'd like to make a comment, if I may, and please don't take this wrong as I know you are very young. I was able to see and hear things that other people couldn't at a young age also. Even though you may feel like you are being asked for help, there isn't much you can do to help. The help they ask for isn't anything we as humans can change. You must also pay attention to the dog thing. Does it have a head? This may sound odd, but it is a very important question. If it only has a partial body you need to follow the house cleansing as quickly as possible. I'm not trying to frighten you at all, but I've cleansed homes for headless and partial animals many times. These beings are not nice, friendly Casper type ghosts, and are common in homes with teen children. Please STOP with the ouija board also (I'm not a particularly strong follower of the ouija, however, just as any other firm of divination, it is merely a tool. No offense to any ouija users here lol). You can connect with spirits without using this tool, and at your young age, need to learn shielding FIRST before attracting MORE. We must all learn to walk before we learn to run. Ok hon?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-22)
First...take your poor cat to the vet, make sure there is nothing wrong her. If she gets a clean bill of health place her food and water in a place she is willing to go.

Animals seem to be more sensitive to the spirit world and if there is the spirit of a dog in your home then your cat could very well be sensing it and reacting just as a cat would around a dog... By avoiding where the dog is.

If this situation is really bothering you please try this... You can do it on your own or ask your Mom and her boyfriend to help you... This will work on negative or any 'unwanted' spirits/entities/energies in your home.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Hello, I liked your story. I'm sorry it's only known to you & probably your cat. I saw a ghost story on tv where a lady's normally bubbly cat became too scared to leave the closet & then stopped eating. She put the cat to sleep. (My friend said she would have moved, but sometimes I think people don't have that option.). I'm sorry, but I don't know how to remove spirits, perhaps praying, letting as much fresh air & light into your house as possible. It sounds as though you have control over your fear, so chances are, you'll be ok. I'll add your story to my favorites, so please keep us posted.
BrittanyBelieves (2 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
Hey, this was a amazing story. I believe everything you said. Please try to convince your mom more to get the house house cleansed and if she does not do it just take a bible and pray (cleansing it yourself). I know how how you feel 100%. I also hope you cat gets better, Lately my fish has been doing the same thing but in his tank. I believe he detects something, I took him with me because I left for college. I feel energy of some sort and what ever it is my fish feels it to. I hope everything works out for you. If anything else crazy happens I would love to know! Good Luck!

-Brittany (:
p-a-s-d-e-c-h-e-v-a-l (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-21)
You might want to try talking to your mum's boyfriend about it if your mum herself isn't so keen on the idea of a house cleansing and blessing. I'm with you on the fact that the ghosts don't mean harm and might just feel a little invaded in privacy. It does seem like you have a few psychic abilities. Good luck with them and your journeys.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: