You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Woman's Face At The Window

Real Ghost Stories

Woman's Face At The Window

 

This is my first ghostly experience which happened to me about six months ago back in February of this year. I'm currently forty four years old and I'm living in Sydney, Australia. My experience happened to me on a warm sunny day on a Wednesday afternoon at 1.30pm.

I was walking along the foot path, a route I usually take where to my left there is an old red brick block of units. I looked up and saw a small kitchen window on the second floor. This woman's face appeared and covered the whole window until shoulder length. I stared at her for about a good twenty seconds. I wasn't scared but I just had this

Warm and curious feeling in me.

She appeared young, in her mid thirties. Her skin colour was beige, with brown curly hair. Couldn't really see the colour of her eyes, because her eyes were closed. It was like she was looking down at something or maybe at me, but not directly.

I Then walked off and about five seconds later, I looked back to have another glance; she was gone. Since it happened the image has stuck in my mind, wondering who she was and why she appeared in front of me. I walk past there almost everyday and always look up, yet have never seen her again or anyone else at the window or in the unit for that matter.

Could you please respond to my comments to why you believe this is happening to me, since before this happened I didn't believe in ghosts. I always read the stories on this website and I have never told anybody about my experience, not even my family, as they might think I'm crazy. My family doesn't believe in ghosts. I'm the only one!

Curious 44

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, curious44, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

vampire-slayer96 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
wow that is so scary I live sydney were abouts in sydney oh my gosh tell me were plz
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-11)
Maybe the "strange warm feeling" was because she was an attractive young woman? Maybe the window was open and she stuck her head (and shoulders) out to peer at something below?

Like the others, I really don't see anything paranormal here. Have you tried knocking on the door to the unit and see who answers? I don't know what reason you could give for doing such, but it could solve the "mystery".
curious44 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
thank you for the comments my story is not false her appearance was like on the outside of the window and clearly visible. To me was out of ordinary and plus had this strange warm feeling. But at the same time it seemed human
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
To be honest I do not think you could have seen the color of her eyes even if they were open, if you were standing on the ground level of a two story unit and just passing by. If you HAD provided that detail I would have dismissed your story as false. As it stands, I agree with the others' statements... Does not sound like anything ghostly or paranormal. Just because you have not seen anyone else there since does not mean that no one else has been there.
baensidhe (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
I agree with the other posters. It really sounds like you saw a living woman looking out of her window.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
"the building is still occupied"
"she seemed human"
Why do you believe she was anything but human? Nothing here to suggest you saw anything but a person looking out a window.
curious44 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
yes it seemed human, couldn't see any clothing as it was only to shoulder length and she had brown curly as I mention in my story. The unit wasn't empty at all and the building was built I say maybe the sixties or seventies. About five minutes prior to that I was thinking of my grand mother who lived in italy she died even before I was born and I never seen a photo of her.
unicorns_16 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
You sure she wasn't human?

If she was a spirit maybe she just wanted to take some sun or air. Perhaps a woman who has passed away there.

She seems harmless 😊
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
Unless you know for sure there is no one living in that unit there really isn't anything paranormal here. It takes just an instant to step away from a window, less than 2 seconds. Are there any more details you want to add that may make this point to paranormal? Like the clothing, maybe period? Hair? If the unit is empty or the building is abandoned... O my, this would be creepy. Thanks for sharing!
❤
sailynh12 (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
well to the you the truth this experience can happen alot. If you wonder who this spirit was just make sure I know it won't do you any harm.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: