You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Flashlight

Real Ghost Stories

The Flashlight

 

I have always believed my deceased father has been popping in and out of my house to check up on me. There are multiple signs to show that it is him and no other spirit. And to test this out, I got out a small flashlight from my kitchen's drawer. If you've watched Ghost Hunters, you would know this trick. You take a flashlight that has to be twisted to turn on, and you turn it so that in one more turn it goes on. Then you ask the spirit to turn on the flashlight and when it does you can have a conversation. It's kind of like the Ouija board but not as dangerous.

While my family was upstairs, I took the flashlight to the basement with me and I set it up on the couch. I stepped away and asked if there was someone here to turn on the flashlight. It took some time but after a few minutes it did turn on. I know it wasn't the batteries because I just put fresh ones in. I asked it to turn it off and it slowly started to turn. Once it got the hang of turning the flashlight on and off, I began to ask questions.

I was asking how old it was, if it was male or female, did it have a family, and all the answers reflected my father. So I finally just came out and asked if it was my dad and it said yes. Now I know that you're thinking it's probably not but all the questions came back with the answers my father would say. I even asked personal ones and they came back correct. I asked him if he wanted to say hi to my mom and sister and I took him upstairs, but when I got up there, no one believed me.

After that first time I tried this technique, I showed my friends at their house, but again, it was my dad who answered. Now every time I try it, he is the one who turns it on and off. He told me he knows when I'm going to do it so he follows me and turns it on when I need him too. And just to be safe, I ask him if there's any other ghosts in the room who want to communicate and if there are then he let's them give it a go.

Other hauntings by TryToFigureItAllOut

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TryToFigureItAllOut, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TryToFigureItAllOut (12 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Javelina, I didn't feel bad from the comment at all! I understand your concern, I mean anyone talking about getting involved in that game or any spirit activity should be warned. That's why I like having comments so people can tell me how they truly feel, including safety. So thank you 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
TryToFigureItAllOut,
I understand hun. It was the way you opened up with that comparison that jolted me. I do know the difference, and I didn't have to be so blunt. Sorry about that, really I am. I didn't want you to feel so bad and I apologize for rubbing it in.

Jav
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
TryToFigureItAllOut,

Good points about the Flashlight not being like a 'board'.

Another individual has commented here, and quoted Scripture in doing so, while a valid way to support one's statements the Scripture quoted really should have something to do with the topic... And Leviticus 19:26 has nothing to do with divination... It has to do with... Well one has to go back and read a few verses before it to understand it... It starts here and has to do with certain types of food and when they should be consumed...

Leviticus 19:23 "And when ye shall come into the land, and shall have planted all manner of trees for food, then ye shall count the fruit thereof as uncircumcised: three years shall it be as uncircumcised unto you: it shall not be eaten of."

Leviticus 'lays down' some of the 'rules' that were given to the Jews as they moved into the 'Holy Land'.

Sorry...don't mean to sound 'Preachy' but people need to use their references correctly and in this case the referenced Scripture had nothing to do with divination... Nothing what so ever.

Respectfully,

Rook
TryToFigureItAllOut (12 stories) (3 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Thank you all for the comments! I know this does not sound safe but I've done this 3 more times from this one experience with people there in the room so it isn't just me. I lost my dad when I was 11 and I think this is a nice way to talk with him and/or other spirits. I say it's not as dangerous as an Ouija board only because the Ouija board is said to open a portal to demons and other bad spirits and it can use your power to control you. This flashlight trick isn't like that at all so it's not as bad. I have played the game before and after one experience of me fainting from it, I never played it again. Thanks for everything! I feel very open with you guys! 😁
deejayy53 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Thats amazing to no your fathers with you! And that is a very cool trick you used to get into contact with your dad, your a pretty smart cookie there!:)
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Any type of spirit communication should always and is always considered dangerous. Any spirit, demon, etc. Could just come along pretending to be a loved one, getting everything right strait down to the nitty gritty personal things. I'm not saying it isn't your father but I'm not saying it's not. I'm saying it doesn't matter what communication your using you always need to be careful. No form is less dangerous the the one before it.
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
Great story! I like this kind of ghost story better that anything else: it's not books flying off the shelves, being strangled/raped by entities, or having goo drip out of keyholes. All of which I have to say I find a little hard to believe. I think that this kind of interaction, seeing a fleeting apparition, hearing some light snatches of a bygone conversation, maybe some gentle communication between the dead and the living, is much more believable than those Amityville style hauntings. Keep up the good work, it seems that your dad is determined to be part of your ghost hunting team! It must be hard not having him there as a tangible living person though. Take heart in the fact that he is still with you.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
That's something I would like to know also. Saying it's like the ouija board but not as dangerous sounds a lot like saying you're only partially pregnant.

Jav
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
So how exactly is this method of divination supposed to be 'not as dangerous' as the standard spirit board divination?

Despite the fact that is put forth by: Leviticus 19:26.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
I would have to agree with the previous posters, granny and taz, but I would like to add something. It states that you are a teen and you have obviously lost your father. My deepest sympathies to you and your family. Your father will always surround you with this love. He lives on in your heart. I like the idea that he checks up on you from time to time but I hope you don't spend too much time trying to contact him. Just like you must live out your life, your father is living his afterlife. And I say this with the deepest respect having just lost my father recently. (however, I am much older than a teen). I have never tried this flashlight technique but I find it rather intriguing... Thanks for sharing and good luck to you.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
try... Great post.
I have seen this done on ghost hunters before and always though it was a great way of communicating, and now you post this on here.
Have to agree with granny be careful when doing this with any direct contact with the other side make sure you keep your self protected.
You might feel safe with your dad there with you but not everyone you get in touch with could be so nice about it all.
Carl
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
TryToFigureItAllOut: Wow, that's hard for an old lady to type, so I'm going to call you TTF from now on 😆...Anyway, that sounds like a pretty nifty little trick, and one that I would like to try out someday... Just be careful when communicating with the others, okay?...In fact, I would suggest you say a protection prayer, or perform a protection ritual prior to doing your communicating from now on...

I think you have a knack for ghost hunting, young sir! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: