You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Kingda Ka Ride Has a Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Kingda Ka Ride Has a Ghost

 

I live in New York, I've seen many other encounters with ghosts there. If you haven't read my other stories then you won't know what I've seen or heard. This story I'm about to tell happened in the very famous amusement park "Six Flags Great Adventure" in New Jersey.

I went there on June 27th for camp. All my friends in my group wanted to go on Kingda Ka, the fastest roller coaster on Earth. I was going to try it, but by the time we got up there, I chickened out. Five out of the seven kids in my group went, my counselor didn't go either. When two kids were on line, there were three in the carts all strapped up and ready to go (I was standing behind the gate by the exit on the other side, wishing them good luck).

One of my friends asked a kid in my group if they can sit next to them because there was another opened seat. They said sure. But when she sat down, she couldn't, something or someone was blocking her. So she just said she'll go when they get off. My friend wasn't even paying attention when this was happening, but I saw it happen. The chair pulled down the seat on it's own and strapped itself in! My friend sitting next to the "Automated" chair always screams really loud! She can't make herself stop, it sort of ruins the fun of the ride (no offense).

When the guy came around to check if everyone was good, he made a weird looking face at the chair that already was buckled. But he set the train off anyway. There they go, 150 feet into the air. Pretty high, but it's so fast you don't really notice how high you were. I was at the bottom and I can hear my friend screaming at the top of her lungs. When they made it back and got out I asked "How was it?" My friends said "AWESOME!" Before we left we had to remember to wait for the other two kids in my group. Now when they got in, the chair that had no one in it before was still there. Locked in. I watched it.

I took out my phone to see if there was anyone there, because if it was a ghost, it would come up on the camera. I turned to camera mode. My jaw dropped to the site. I couldn't even show my friends or take a picture I was so shocked. There, sitting in the seat, was a almost about 16 year old boy wearing a park uniform. I looked at him. He had his arms folded and looked pretty mad. I think he didn't enjoy his ride with my friend screaming at the tippy top on the roller coaster. I saw him get up, open the gate, walk right past me, up to the controls and press a button. The people working there said after awhile that the computer wouldn't make the trains go because it thinks that 3 seats aren't locked in even though they were. The ghost ruined everything for my friend, but at least when we walked past the ride again, it was working and they went on it again.

Now you would think that I would never see that 16 year old ghost again right? Wrong. The second time we went to Kingda Ka, I saw him sitting on the roof of where the trains were. My counselor went to the bathroom so no one saw me do this. Just like my name "GhostTalker13", I talk to ghosts. So I called the dude down, still holding my phone of course. So he came down and I told him to sit next to me and talk before my counselor got back from the bathroom. He said his name was Ricky. He used to work here 2 years ago. One day, when they were finally going to test Kingda Ka for the first time, no one wanted to do it. But he was brave enough to raise his hand and try it. He sat in that same seat he was sitting in before when I first saw him. And the people got it ready, he made the ready sign with his hand and off he went.

Everything was going as planned, except when it got to the top. It didn't have enough speed the train, so when it got to the top, it stopped. Then it rolled backwards really fast like 365 miles per hour with Ricky on it! When it got back to the station, the workers found Ricky dead. They had a burial for him, but he said that he just wanted to make sure everything is ok now with the ride so the whole rolling backwards thing doesn't happen again. He also told me why he played around with the computer before, he said he was so mad at the girl sitting next to him screaming! I told him that was my friend and she always does that. He said, it's ok now. So then he went back on Kingda Ka, and never saw him again.

If you haven't been to this amusement park, you're missing out on a lot of stuff. Also, before you enter Kingda Ka, there's a sign that says this:

"On occasion, Kingda Ka's train will not go over the hill. This is a Normal Occurrence. If it doesn't, it will safely go back down the hill slowly and stop in it's starting place and be ready to be launched again."

Now they have that sign!

Please comment!

Other hauntings by TryToFigureItAllOut

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TryToFigureItAllOut, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spclancy816 (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Ghostsarentreal: You said not to make up fairytales or live with your head in the clouds, and yet you cited the bible like its a viable source of information.
Scbsd (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
Sorry, Moongrim, but getting all of your information from one source can lead one to obtaining false conclusions.

I know that Wiki is not much better than Yahoo Answers, but on the Wiki Kingda Ka site, there is no mention of deaths, and in fact, after some reasonably serious digging, I was not able to come up with any information that could lead me to believe that anyone has ever been killed on the ride.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingda_Ka
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
According to this post- http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100803132438AAAHGyO

There have been 13 deaths recorded at Kingda Ka.

Money always trumps safety.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
Ghostsarentreal: You can't save the world by coming on here and preaching to all of us who have had experiences with Ghosts... Believe what you will, and allow us the same courtesy... Please read and follow the Comments Guidelines by following the link at the bottom of the page, this in particular:

"This site offers discussions on the topic of ghost experiences, with people coming from various cultures, so please avoid proselytizing or preaching, unless the author of a story specifically asks to receive feedback from that religious perspective. This site is not about religious beliefs, it is about actual personal paranormal experiences and exploring reality with an open and investigative mind so we can actually learn more about the paranormal, with the same empirical mind set that made science so successful in other fields. Religions have a lot of wisdom to offer in terms of personal spirituality, but they can also limit our knowledge of the world with old superstitions and unproven dogmas. It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact."

Thank you...
ghostsarentreal (1 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
You, sir, are completely off. In fact, this could not be possibly be any farther from the truth. Firstly, Kingda Ka is 456 feet high, not 150. And it reaches a top speed of 128 mph. Not 365. Also, rollbacks are a COMMON OCCURRENCE. LOOK IT UP ON YOUTUBE. The sign is there because on occasion, the ride is not given enough momentum to make the complete swing over the top hat, so it rolls back and restarts. No one has ever been killed on the thing, I'M PRETTY FREAKING SURE IF SOMEONE WAS, THE RIDE WOULD HAVE BEEN SHUT DOWN OR ALTERED DRASTICALLY. And where's your proof? Show us pictures of this mysterious teen', and why didn't anyone see this man? Why didn't you show anyone else? And thirdly, GHOSTS AREN'T REAL. It says in the bible that God is in control of all of our souls. A ghost is defined as spirit who has not been brought to peace, or lingers without destination, however this is not possible, as God is all-knowing and is in control of your soul as well as all other souls so it's impossible to be a 'lost soul with no destination'. I plead you all, I don't know why you make up these fairytales, perhaps to obtain enjoyment through frightening others, but it makes no sense, and if you spread tales like this, people will seriously question your sanity. Quit living with your head in the clouds and take part in something that will actually benefit humanity.
Dee_cat (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
I actually found this story really interesting, even though people prove it to be fake. I guess I see it as a kind of camp fire tale. Even though it may be fake it is always interesting to hear! So kuddos to you kid. Keep posting. 😊
LolTabbyKat (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
This is so fake! You be seeing stuff that are not real! I went on it and I didn't see nothing so wHat you got to say for you self this is BULL
Bhatz (2 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
Oh I went off in my rant so deeply I forgot about the ending if your post. Kingda ka was originally designed to roll back safely. During the construction of roller coasters several safety feature need to be made. Kingda ka is not the first of it's kind, top thrill dragster in cedar point, created by the same company as kingda ka (companies name is intamin) was built before kingda ka, and looks identical to kingda ka and was originally the tallest and fastest in the world before kingda ka was built, also they don't just throw a live person on a test ride after they just build a coaster, they use dummies, and they go through ALOT of test rides before allowing live people test it. They sometimes go over 100, 000 test rides with dummies every year by regulation. Oh and that sign has been there since it opened.
Bhatz (2 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
I was a manager at six flags. First off no one has died on kingda ka. Last death was in the 1970s when a woman named Karen brown sat on top of the restraints for lighting loops and fell out. Also, kingda ka doesn't go 150 feet high at 300 mph that would kill everyone on the ride. It goes 458 ft high at 128 mph. And the only signs they put up especially for kingda ka is to not put your arms up and that this ride sometimes rolls back. Idiots like to put their hands up to try and slow down the train but dislocate their shoulders instead. The only allegedly haunted areas are batman and nitro (where lightning loops used to be and Karen fell out) over by where batman and robin used to be (where the haunted house that burnt down with like 8 people in it) and my own personal story at skull mountain, where I was sitting at the top of the lift when the power was out and heard what sounded like the train going through the track but both of them were parked and the power was off. One of my friends said he heard the same thing the night after when he shut down the ride. And we know what it sounds like when a train is running trough we have gotten used to that familiar sound. It defiantly wasn't the wind. And when we listened to it we could hear what parts of the ride it was at. So to make this long story short you my friend are completely wrong. I know every death that took place as a result of a ride in every six flags park. There is no way your story is valid. Do some research before you make yourself look like an idiot.
AxelZBONE (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-27)
ive heard of lightning loops not kingda ka this whole story is bullshiat
AxelZBONE (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-27)
thats complete bullshiat because it wasn't on the news or anything no one would find it strange that you were talking to midair kingdakas not haunted I went on it rolling backwards wouldn't kill you its designed to do that
clubkatie123 (1 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
I am new to this site and I just rode kingda ka yesterday (it was really awesome and scary!). I sense ghosts and I didn't sense anything yesterday. There is also no sign talking about it going backwards so I think you are lying. I have read some of your other ghost stories (like the worlds most haunted house thingy) andd they all seem pretty fake.

P.S. That house in Williamsburg is not the most haunted house in the world! I have seen way more haunted places.
spclancy816 (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-07)
I was pretty bored and I'm a big Great Adventure fan, so I figured I'd google if there have ever been any deaths on Kingda Ka. (which I highly doubted. If anything I expected more or less and fatal elderly heart attack than a serious tragety or ride malfunction) But this came up. So I figured I'd read it. I was intrested and pretty enticed up until the 150 feet thing. Then I thought ok this might not be as valid as I thought. Looking at a picture of Kngda Ka, does it really look 150 feet? Your about 300 off. Then I thought it was very convienent that you couldn't even take a picture (hit one button) because you were so shocked. I read on. The thing that completly killed all validity (if that's even a word) was the train magically reached a precise speed of 365 miles per hour after a free fall of only "150 feet." And the way the story is written, it is implied that the reason the boy died is simply because the train had a roll-back. People don't die when they go backwards. In fact, since I noticed this story was written in 2007, that means you were in the park when The Chiller was still standing, and the point of that ride is to go backwards. That ride had an actual backwards drop of roughly 150 feet, which included an inversion half way down then two more inversions (one depending which side your riding) before coming to an end. I went backwards on that ride. I didn't die. One thing I do agree with you is towards the end. If you've never been there, its a great park with world-class rides. Definitley worth checking out. However my spirits were once again crushed when you mis-quoted the Kingda Ka sign: / Now I hope I kept all the grammar and spelling to the high standard this website demands, because after reading the guidelines, people who use abbreviations are "juvenile" (young, youthful, immature, childish) and are all "intellectually lazy." So I did my best to avoid this looking like someone who uses a "trashy" site like Myspace or Youtube. (Sites that 99.9% of all internet users... Use.) Now while I was skeptical throughout, I was tolerent of this girl's well thoughout story, aside from a few probable gramatical errors and a little sarcasm. But I doubt I "dragged down the level of intelligence in (this) discussion" and I hope I haven't "discouraged serious people and 'experts' from contributing." And as far as the sarcasm goes, this website ensured that everyone in here is mature, so I'm sure we can all handle a little sarcasm. Have a good day:)
popartpete (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
Nobody died on Kingda Ka. I'm a reporter who covers the entire county where Six Flags Great Adventure is located. Perhaps it is "the ghost of Kingda Ka future", as I think that thing is exceedingly dangerous, and it nearly did kill people already, in June 2005, if not for sheer luck.
Taranis (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-20)
Sorry to poop all over your story, but there are no recorded deadths on Kingda Ka. The worst that's ever happened on that ride was some test dummies fell out during the test runs and someone broke their arm, but other than that, no deaths. If someone died on that ride, having the reputation that it does, it would be ALL over the internet.

And agreeing with the UsefulIdiot dude, those signs have been there since it was built. This ride was based off Top Thrill Dragster in Ohio, which also is known to experience roll-backs from time to time. Kingda Ka also experiences roll-backs aswell, however, if a roll-back does occur, it hits the break run at the bottom of the track and stops, so you know, people don't die. Also the "Please Comment" notice at the end raises flags as well. If it was a true story, you wouldn't be asking for attention. I don't believe your story at all dude.
usefulidiot (3 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
hmm interesting. But that sign has been their since it was built. So they didn't just put it their because he died 😆
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
with reading your story and following comments I have come to my own conclusion that "Ricky" lied to you about how he died and maybe on his name...I've had a ghost do that... He told me all lies... Oh well...

~Tora~
britt1290 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
i like live in great adventure and I have never seen a ghost but its definatily possible. I have researched about kk deaths and I have found non. But its a good story, it sounds preety true!
skafan419 (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-16)
I really am having a tough time believing you about this. First, Kingda Ka doesn't go 365 mph, it goes 128 mph and is 456 ft tall. Kingda Ka is only a 3 year old ride and has barely had enough time for an accident to happen that causes injury. Also, the sign has been there since opening day. When a train rolls back, the magnetic brakes on the launch track rise up and the train comes to a steady stop at the half way point of the launch track. Roll backs only happen when the train doesn't have enough force to clear the tower (usually because of wind speed and/or the weight of the train). The train then inches it's way back into the station and people who want to get off are let off. The train is then relaunched and normal operations resume. No one has ever died or has been injured on Kingda Ka. Kingda Ka has a perfect safety record and has never 501-ed. Also, Kingda Ka computer isn't what breaks down. The computer automatically stops the ride in case any part of the ride malfunctions (usually the hydrolic launch system).

As for Ricky, I do believe that there might be a ghost (just one that didn't die on Kingda Ka). This is from rideaccidents.com

"Sunday, August 16, 1981 - A 20-year-old park employee fell from the Rolling Thunder roller coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure theme park in Jackson Township, New Jersey. The accident occurred during a routine test run of the trains. An investigation by the New Jersey Labor Department concluded that the man may not have secured himself with the safety bar. A park representative later confirmed this conclusion, saying that the employee "may have assumed an unauthorized riding position that did not make use of safety restraints..."

The ride was inspected, and the Labor Department concluded that the ride was "operationally and mechanically sound..." Rolling Thunder was reopened a day later and still operates at Great Adventure..."

Rolling Thunder is the ride right next to Kingda Ka's loading station by the way. What was the Ricky wearing by the way? If it was a blue shirt with the Six Flags logo on it then that is a 2006 - 2007 uniform which means it was just an employee using his break time to take a ride on Kingda Ka (which is something that many employees do).
kokumi (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
Hello ghosttalker13,

This story, by far, is one of the most interesting stories that I've read. I'm quite glad that Ricky is there looking after the other kids and customers of the park. I hope he will pass on soon and be at peace. 😊
busala (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-15)
That story was pretty cool and intresting

thank you for sharing with us 😁 lol
Dirtyjerzambeez (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
😐 I am new to this site but I have just posted about seeing a ghost at this six flags in NJ... It was a young guy look to be in his 20's kind of tall with redish brownish curly long hair who was dressed like 80's or 90's So I really do believe you and there seems to be little info about this six flags in NJ and the death that have happen there(maybe cover ups), I live in NJ and you never hear about these sightings of ghost... True story
ariokage (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-08)
wow I agree with abby too! Wow as in thois story rocks dude! I like it! I don't know why I said dude... But I wish you took a piccy!
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-08)
Dear GhostTalker13,

There should be written accounts, various newspaper articles in libraries, as well as on the net about this tragic incident. Obituaries and other such related records are generally kept in regards to amusement park type accidents and related deaths.

Have you did further research and by chance did you get Ricky's last name? This adds a lot when one is investigating a ghost's or spirit's death. This is what this site is about ghost hauntings and huntings.--Abby
GhostTalker13 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-07)
I'm sorry everyone, I didn't get a picture, but I wish I did, but it's true trust me!
Martin (602 posts) mod
+2
17 years ago (2007-07-07)
GhostTalker13, did you take pictures of the ghost? If so, it'd be nice to publish them. That would probably help a few of us here to fully believe that story, also.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: