You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Figure of a Wolf

Real Ghost Stories

Figure of a Wolf

 

I'm finally telling this story. This story is how I believed in ghosts and understand that after you die, you can still be here. I was in 3rd grade, around 9 years old, and it was the summer that mostly all of Long Island, New York, was in a black out. My family slept in the basement. It's a cold basement and in the light, it looks normal, but in the dark, it's totally creepy!

So we had candles light and flashlights on. My battery powered the clock next to my dad. And we all went to bed around 10:00. I kept on waking up. I do that sometimes when I'm not in my own room. About the third time I woke up, I had to go to the bathroom. Quietly got up off the couch and looked at the clock. 3:10 am it said. I walked over and used the bathroom and was walking passed the staircase to the ground floor. I saw something that looked like a wolf. It was a shadow. I looked closely and the I felt something. Like an aura around me. Now I was 9 years old, and I was freaking out! I just stared at the wolf shaped figure and then it vanished and the aura around me went away.

That was the last time I've seen a wolf figure in my house. Oh and another weird thing is that the lights went on after I got back to my little couch where I was sleeping. My house isn't haunted because I moved into it when I was 1 years old and it was built on just normal land. Flat land. No woods. So I don't know why a wolf figure was in my house. Can someone explain to me?

Other hauntings by TryToFigureItAllOut

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TryToFigureItAllOut, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

keno11 (7 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-05)
ok so you are so lucky to see a wolf once I saw a black crow in my room and I didn't have my window open and then I hid under my covers then when I looked again it was gone cause I was in bed at the time
smileydelwen (16 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Hey there.
Sorry about the time stamp, most of the comments date back to 5 years ago. So I hope you don't mind me saying this...

Like you asked, if wolves are common in New york, being an animal expert myself, passed on genetically. Wolves did actually roam new york in the 1920's but were killed or slaughtered by farmers. Was your house, built on a rural area?

As you mentioned, your wolf didn't make you feel unsafe, so I would think that it's a harmless one.

As you also mentioned, that the wolf was a shadowy figure, was it a black shadow or a white one.

Is the wolf still there, or has it disappeared?
Hope it is all good now

Delwen
wolves123 (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-08)
try to research the land your house is built on. It might help you get to the bottom of this mystery.
ghostgirl417 (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
well if you rescerch you house it may have been a hunters house and he caught a wolf and kept it but I'm sure it won't harm you as long as you don't kill animals ghostgirl417 ❤
MysteryVin (19 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
Nothing to worry my guardian angel is a wolf and hes harmless and fun. 😊
Shira (12 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-22)
I may be able to help a little. A while ago a friend of my dad found out that he had a bear spirit in his basement. I got curious and tried to talk to it, through my mind. It turned out that it was a sun bear from the east. Taken as a cub and skinned alive. Now it holds a permanent grudge against humans. Now I'm not saying this is the case with your wolf, but there is a chance that the land or what the house was built on has nothing to do with it. Wolves, at one point walked all over the globe, it didn't have to live near there. But for some reason it chose to seek you out.
Also on a side note, spirit wolves tend to be a bit on the nasty side. I know from experience. You're lucky, perhaps it's a guardian of some sort. Even if you can't see it anymore, it may still be nearby...
Shira 😊
Sqweeky1297 (30 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-23)
well just because it's on flat land doesn't mean that it's not haunted. There could of been a indian tribe there once and the wolf was some ones pet try to find the owner.?
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
There used to be wolves in New York City a long time ago. Before people began to build cities in NY it used to be a forest. Then the wolves ran off to somewhere else. But sometimes if your lucky you might hear on the news that they found or saw a wolf in New York City but that's very rare. I like that wolf ghost was just checking up on you just to make sure you're ok. God Bless All Of You! ❤ KatieChan
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
I would say that would freak me out too, but I think it might have been your spirit guide, cause after that night you haven't seen it anymore? People do say that spirit guides can come in different forms, shapes, and sizes. Thanks for sharing though it was interesting. 😊
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
It could have been a spirit guide. I have a friend who is a Bear Shaman. He said that from what he can tell from my personality, and my husband's, My Husband is possibly a racoon (oddly enough I always thought racoons were cute.lol), and he said that my personality resembled the domestic cat. I, myself, don't understand shamanism enough to even really talk about it. Do you identify with wovles when it comes to animals? Lone wolf, or Pack hunter?
Dragon35 (18 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
an animal hounthing is somthing new but a spirit guide I could have been but no demon it could also have been a messenger and that is why you haven't seen it again or before sorry for asking but do you now of someone that is known to now old shaman spells
Elayne (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-15)
I would have to agree that this was possibly your spirit guide, but you would know, by looking into yourself. Think back to the time and try to remember what you were feeling. Were you terrified, or just shocked, and why did you stare at it? Was there a feeling of calm that settled over you, or did it bring clarity? Look into your heart, and if you feel the need look up spirit guides.
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-25)
I think what you saw was a demon. I think that because my brother says he can sence demons/ghosts.he said there's a wolf demon in are basement. I can totally relate to your story. If I was 9 years old I would o fbeen so freaked out I would of peed in my pants. Then ran back to the couch. Then in the morning I would of toled my mom and dad that we have to move out.



~~Amy~~
scarlettwitch (2 stories) (20 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-27)
Wow that's really wierd! I'm sorry that it scared you though, I bet it didn't mean any harm. I love wolves, honestly they have to be my and my mothers favorite animal, maybe it was your spiritual animal presenting itself to you. I read about shamanism a long time ago, and they say that certain animals come to you throughout your life to guide you through different situations, maybe because you were so young you were actually able to see yours. That's a really wonderful gift! Blessed be. 😳
querida (13 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-27)
did this wolf look evil?
what colour was its eyes?
did it snarl at you?
i think it must have been a wolf that has died on that piece of land once or it mignt be something else. I don't know for sure.
GhostTalker13 (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
Athena, I think is was a wolf that once was alive but now is gone. Maybe it is a gradian, maybe. But if I had a gardian, it would be one I have already seen at least in my life so far. It couldn't be a gardian, it just could be a ghostly wolf.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
When I first saw my spirit guide I was probably as dumb stuck as they come. I was 30, pregnant with my son and in a world of difficulties resulting from the chemical imbalance that occurred while carrying my child. I was wandering the house, as I was on complete bed rest (After the third month I was beginning to question my worth and would walk around the house wondering what I did to deserve it-CHEMICAL IMBALANCE). As I walked into the nursery I felt the closet door shut and went to go see what was going on there and out of the corner of my eye saw a Great White Buffalo. He was massive. I thought at first that he was my unborn childs guide as that is a very strong totem, and felt that I was not worthy, but I have seen him several other times too, and always when I needed encouragement. I believe that the Powers that Be know what we need. They know that I would not simply listen to a squirrel, for instance, so I have a guide that commands attention. Perhaps the wolf was what you needed at that time, maybe it is your spirit guide.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
"This story is how I believed in ghosts and understand that after you die, you can still be here..." Hi GT13, would love to know what made you feel this was a ghost that had once been alive opposed to a spirit guide/familiar? I would ❤to know.Thanks!
Abby (710 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
Dear GhostTalker13,

It is my personal belief that it is possible that the land carries any and all energy imprints of both the past and present, as well as the future. All homes carry the energy imprints of all those who have resided or visited them.

It is quite possible that you may have experienced a symbolic vision of a wolf. If you research the meaning of a wolf, you can decide for yourself what meaning this vision or experience meant to you personally.

Long ago, before the wolf was hunted by humans, and before human development took over, there were many wolves who freely, roamed the lands now called New York.

Ohiowatha, this is true, many states like those you have mentioned have worked to bring back the wolf from extinction and to preserve their numbers.

All life is sacred, Abby ❤
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
Wolves aren't commonly found in New York today, but it was once FULL of wolves. And believe it or not, many large predators are returning to lands once devoid of them due to hunting. Wolves are back in force in Michigan and there have recently been some sightings in upstate New York.

For whatever it's worth...
GhostTalker13 (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
I was born in the year of the dog. Maybe Bellissima...maybe. Otherwise, I don't know what else.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
Hi GhostTalker. I've heard that people have spirit guides that are in human and animal form. Maybe the wolf was yours?
Abercrombie (2 stories) (45 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
I am at least half Cherokee Indian, and wolves are very sacred to us. I do not think that the entity wanted to harm you. Maybe it was built on land where Indians were slaughtered, or wolves. I don't know, but all I do know is wolves aren't commonly found in New York! 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: