You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Flashlights And The Man In A Dark Blue Suit

Real Ghost Stories

Flashlights And The Man In A Dark Blue Suit

 

My mother and I have been living in the same 40-year-old building for about 5 years now, and during the past year, two very strange things have happened.

The first one happened nearly a year ago. It was a Saturday night, at around 8pm, and my mother and I were sitting in the living room watching your random made for TV movie when all of the sudden we heard a heavy crash on the floor. We both looked at each other, kind of scared, and in disbelief. We both got up to check out what had fallen. My mom had thought the crash had come from the kitchen, but I thought it had come from the master bedroom, so we each went to the kitchen and to the master bedroom respectively. When I got to the master bedroom, I found two flashlights on the floor open with the batteries removed (one of which was my fathers and the other one I used to use it when I was little on camping trips). My mother came and we both looked at the items in disbelief. My mom told me that she had those two flashlights on a shelf about two feet away from where they were lying, and they weren't sitting on the edge of the shelf. There were no windows open, and even if they were, a slight gust of wind wouldn't be able to knock two heavy flashlights off a shelf and open them and take the batteries out. We still don't know what to think of this.

Since then I have moved into my own apartment (in the same building) with my boyfriend, we're downstairs from my mom's. The second strange thing happened to me just yesterday (Sunday). My boyfriend got up for work very early in the morning and left before 5 am. He had to work yesterday, so he got up as usual and gave me a kiss goodbye as usual. I usually wake up enough to wish him luck, to take care and tell him I love him. I heard him leave and went right back to sleep as always (I'm a heavy sleeper). At around 6.30ish I had a strange feeling, like I was being watched and said, without thinking "GET OUT OF HERE" (vete de aquí, in Spanish).

I opened my eyes and saw a man in a dark blue suit standing with his back to me at the end of my bed but suddenly disappeared. I was kind of shaken, to say the less, and have been thinking about it ever since. I told my boyfriend about it, he just said that was kind of strange, but didn't think much of it.

I've been wondering about it ever since, and haven't found anything similar around here.

I was wondering if someone could help me make some sense of these things?

Is someone trying to tell me something?

Is it my father (to whom I was very very close to) that passed away 6 years ago, is he looking out for me?

The first few weeks after he had passed I had a feeling that he was around me, hugging me... But haven't felt that in years...

Other hauntings by starangel

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, starangel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-28)
i think it was your dad looking in on you... He clearly made a statement with the flashlights!
I think hes just making sure your ok! Nice story ans well written!
Lllaaattteeeerrrr dddddduuuudddeee!
😁 elle 😁
starangel (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
dreamergal72: Thanks for your kind words. My father was wearing a white robe. I am almost positive nobody that has lived in the apartment has passed away, it's only 40 years old and only two other families have lived there... My boyfriend's aunt and uncle, and then his cousin and her family...

Hazzardsyndrome: Thank you for your kind words as well. I'd like to think that he has found me, since we have moved at least twice since. The suit was a typical dark blue suit... Not really familiar, I can't really remember all the suits my father wore, and since I only saw the back, I couldn't really recognise it... The flashlight thing was crazy, one was his and the other was mine when I was little.

Tonith: thanks for your insight. And thanks for dismissing the figure incident, it had me a bit uneasy.;) The flashlights... The caps are screw-on caps, and they were definitely not loose before that, and I really doubt a vibration could have shook them off, they were nowhere near the edge of the shelf... If it was a vibration, how come nothing else lighter fell? Besides, nobody else was in the apartment at the time, and both of us were quietly sitting on the couch watching tv...:S
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
If I found flashlights in that condition I would be more than wondering what was going on. The other incident I have to pretty much dismiss because of it happening in repose. It's said spirits tend to like batteries as in draining them but I don't know of any taking the batteries out. Unless the caps holding the batteries were not on properly and the force of hitting the floor dislodged them that still doesn't make for an explanation as to how they fell to begin with. Vibrations from walking have been known to make things fall off shelves. All this aside you could very well have an spirit who has decided to make him/herself known.
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
im sorry to hear you lost your father. Perhaps its a good sign and that he has indeed found you and now knows where to look over you. Did the suit or the figure look familiar? So the flashlights were his? Again, perhaps he wanted just to let you and your mum know that he's still around 😊
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
AW, What color clothes does your father wear in the colvins? I remeber my father wear in the colvin is almost blue but it look like grey. I am sorry about your father my died in april 2, 1990 almost 18 years. Its may be him but his back to you or someone died in that apartment where you live never know.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: