You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: The Scariest Haunted House in America

Real Ghost Stories

The Scariest Haunted House in America

 

Like I said in my other story, The Two Little Boys Of Williamsburg, Virginia, I live in New York and go to a traveling camp. We went on a ghost tour in Williamsburg and went to the Scariest Haunted House in America. We just stood in front of it looking at it while our overly dramatic tour guide told us all these stories about the master bedroom on the second floor. About nine people died in that one bedroom, eleven people died in the whole house, and one person managed to get away before anything happened to her. Well one of the stories is very true because you can see it for yourself.

The first time someone died it that house was when there was a family of one mother and eight children. Four of the children died. One died in that master bedroom, the other three died in the backyard. The child that died in the bedroom was one of the oldest. About 14 years old. He loved that bedroom. One night he was falling asleep in there. He was awoken at around 3:30 am to the sound of his bed rattling. He looked over is bed and there, staring straight at him, an old women rubbing her hands together with a smirk on her face (kinda like one of those evil villains in old movies when they are about to do something evil). He kept on starring at her, and she was starring at him. The women goes after a while "I'm going to kill you..." The boy jumps out of his bed and runs to the mirror and checks if the women has a reflection. She doesn't. The women kills the boy, in the master bedroom.

Everyone in my group was so scared. I was shaking. I was so scared that I just kept on starring that the master bedroom window. Then our tour guide said something that was so weird (not scary, weird) that it got me wondering. He said "Now, if you look at the window of the master bedroom, you can sort of see a dim light..." I looked, I can see it, I thought, so there's a light, not so exciting. Then our tour guide says "Now remember, this house is from the 1800s, there was no electricity in the house..." I was like, oh my god! Where is that light coming from! "Last year, a couple of ghost hunters on halloween, with a camera crew, came into this house, up the stairs, and into the master bedroom. The camera showed maybe 200 fireflies flying in a circle around the room, mostly around the mirror..." I wasn't scared, everyone else was, I wasn't though because I was still wondering why. Well I know why they were in only the master bedroom and not the rest of the house and why they were mostly flying around the mirror, but I don't know why they were still glowing and still in there.

Someone please explain!

Other hauntings by TryToFigureItAllOut

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TryToFigureItAllOut, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Linz (9 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
erm I don't mean to sound like a close-minded person who is not willing to believe anything... Cause I d sort of believe most of this... Except the bit about the boy gettng killed in the master bedroom

...if he was by himelf, how could someone recall that he woke up at exactly 3:30 am to his bed rattling and a women was there? How would anyone else hear what she said? And how did they no that he ran to the mirror to see she had no reflection if she killd him straigt after... These are the questions that are anoyin me lol
KnightSaberAmi (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-11)
Where exactly is this haunted house in Wmsburg? I have taken the tours in Colonial Wmsburg B4 and can't recall anything like this in the tour. Could you please give us some more details.
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
Maybe he told the one that got away? As for the fireflies they seem to be ghosts. Maybe they got a person that could see and hear ghosts to talk to the resident ghosts...idk

~Tora~
Bethwest (1 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
How did they know about the old woman rubbing her hands and what she said if the boy died when it happen? He would not have been alive to tell people?
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
I absolutly would love to see the fireflies around the mirror! Thanks for the story Ghost Talker.
GhostTalker13 (guest)
-2
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
I don't know how the tour guide new, I guess he must have learned it from the people who found out what happened.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
Okay not to sound like a downer on this story. But if the boy died, how did all the details about his death get told to the tour guide. That would have meant that someone else was in the room with him and witnessed it. Just my curious side coming out I guess.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: