You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dreadful Experience On The Terrace

Real Ghost Stories

Dreadful Experience On The Terrace

 

This experience happened when I had completed my schooling and was waiting for the college to start. As it's common in India that summer holidays are spent in maternal grandma's house, even my case was the same. I was in my Grandma's house and this happened when I was sleeping alone on the terrace during the night.

It was around 1:00 am that I heard some voice calling out and I being a light sleeper I immediately woke up and was straining my ears and expecting the voice to resurface again. After few minutes of waiting I clearly heard someone humming in a very clear tone which still sometimes rings in my ears. It was like someone was in pain or was mocking, I still can't understand but the voice was very clear and I felt goosebumps hearing it. The voice increased and I felt that someone was really faking it. However, considering the time and the fact that I was sleeping 4 storeys high with no construction as high as ours, I had to conclude that this is not normal.

I was now wide awake and decided to go down to my grandma's house to sleep but I did not want to disturb anyone of their sleep, hence decided to spend the eerie night on the terrace.

I recited my religion's chants and lay wide awake on the big open terrace with the moonless sky above my head and the wind blowing peacefully. I suddenly felt a shock through my body as if some one shaking me suddenly. I immediately got up and sat on the mat. Then out of no where I very clearly saw a white form pass in front of me humming the same sound I heard few minutes before. I took my pillow and quilt and ran down and fell on the stairs and had a sprained ankle. I can't forget this experience in my life. After this incident I did not want to take chances any more. I heard some old folks say later that spirits roam around at night searching for young boys to make them as their source to communicate to the living world.

Thank God I was not the chosen one...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gtafais, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
Allesgute, don't be worried, tomorrow all will be back to normal It is only the administrator having a bit of fun. Sadly, I missed it last year.

So on with the purple pants and clowns... Love it! 😊
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
why are so many words in the comments section getting replaced by the word 'clown'? Any reason? Administrator? Anybody?
vinod7780 (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
I just had a similar experience recently, but this time I was not alone in the terrace, yet I had encountered this in a place and bldg where I was born and bought up.
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
You could have investigated a little, known about the history behind that house... You would've found something.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-03)
gtafais,
Do you think that perhaps one of the spirits from across the way may have followed you home to your Grandmothers house?

Jav ❤
gtafais (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-03)
Hi All, Thanks for all your comments for my very first experience...
Dear Javelina, this was the first time for me and it not occurred to others as no one has slept alone on the terrace. Forgot a vital point here that there is a graveyard facing our flat which is the largest in our city... I use to roam there as I loved the serenity... Though the graveyard is located in a busy road, once we enter it its just out of the world. One can't hear any commotion of the traffic...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
Thank you for sharing your experience... That would have creeped me out! Seeing spirits like the one you saw is spooky and a bit unnerving at first, but to put it into perspective, just remember that most of these spirits were once living humans. They are just lost and occasionally want someone to care about them or help them. I know I would have been freaked out had I been in your shoes, but I think it was probably just passing through.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
I don't know, I think in their 2 million years of existence humans have made some pretty keen observations. Modern humans just don't always know where to look for them. This entire site could be filled with dreams, attacks of over-imagination, and misinterpretation. However, I suspect that gtafais is on the right track looking at the local folklore, though I am not sure being chosen would be all bad.
Astral_Master (5 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
As a believer in the paranormal I also try to be as skeptical as possible in an attempt to filter out all of the lies and stories people make in an attempt to garner attention.

In no way I am trying to discredit you or anyone else on these forums, I am simply submitting idea to you in an attempt to get a better understanding of your situation.

The human mind is a wondrous thing and even after being on this planet for nearly 7,000 years we still do not have a definite grasp on how our minds work and function.

There's a good chance while being asleep or even half asleep you were dreaming the sounds you heard, or even quite possibly a neighbor.

As for the vapor you seen, it could have been many things, your eyes playing tricks on you, roaming mist, many different things. To assume it was paranormal right away would be simply jumping to conclusions.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
gtafais,
This does sound eerie. Have you, or anyone else in the family, had any other experiences while staying at your grandmothers house, or is this the only time?
I only ask as this happened on the terrace, and it being so much higher than the rest of the structure, that maybe this was a one time occurrence.
I'm sorry about your sprained ankle, and hope you are doing better these days.

Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: