You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: An Unforgettable Night At Terrace

Real Ghost Stories

An Unforgettable Night At Terrace

 

The incident that I am going to narrate had happened to me some 11 years back when I was in my early teens. Now am 25.

I was doing my 9th standard at that time. Those were the days of March month my annual exams (what you call semester nowadays) got finished and probably I was enjoying my exam vacation. The school was about to open in April month for the next session.

It was one Friday the whole day I was having fun playing computer games, outdoor games. In those days smart phones and social media sites were not that much popular like today so we had no other options of entertainment. The sky started to dark (turned evening) everybody went home.

My home was flooded with relatives as my aunt's marriage was fixed a month later. So it was night, everybody were busy in setting their things for a peaceful sleep. Since I was playing all the day was very tired and in urge to find a place to have a neat sleep. My father and other men decided to sleep in other house as there were many relatives including women and children. They went to other house. Myself, my brother and some other children were left with ladies. My bro was a small boy he was 7 at that time and other children resembled the same age. It was I only who was stepping towards manlihood 13 -14 years teen boy left in the house. I was ashamed of myself sleeping with ladies, so I decided that I would sleep in terrace alone.

I went and informed to my mother about sleeping alone at terrace. At first she denied, later she agreed out of my compulsion I told her I would manage the things I am quite big now. I was sleeping in terrace alone. I was having long sleep since I was playing vigorously all the day.

Suddenly I woke up from the sleep of feeling some strange things. I felt somebody was sitting on my chest and pressing my neck tightly so that I can't even make up a word. At first I convinced myself it was my dream but later I found it was reality I was able to feel but could not see or realise what the crap was going on. After sometime things changed, everything was normal. I got up with sweats and I was not ready to sleep again in fear of new encounter. I waited for the sunrise.

I rushed up to my mother and told her the things that happened to me last night. At first she was not believing. Later she told teen boys should not sleep alone in terrace or outside area if it's so sometime happens.

I don't know whether it was sleep paralysis or some other stuff but the crap thing that I realised on that night was not my dream. After that until today I had no other such experience. Still my heart pumps fast when I think about that horrible night...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostrider24, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Psychicsenses (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-20)
I totally agree with giridhar as the same thing happened to me and many I know, when they sleep with hands over chest
Abhinav_123 (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-21)
A very good and well told story. I believe that you faced sleep paralysis. I myself have regular sleep paralysis experiences and I know how you might have felt. Also if it didn't happen again means that it was normal and not a paranormal experience. Stay safe. Regards,
ghostrider24 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
[at] sushantkar
Hi thanks for reading my story... I don't know what was that, but my friend (college mate) has also experienced the similar incidents when he was sleeping alone in his house and also during his teenage probably 17- 18 years Iam not 100% moving with ghosts but still its just a kind of supernatural stuff.
ghostrider24 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
[at] giridhar
HI! Thanks for taking time to read and sharing your valuable comment on my story. Actually I don't have the habit of keeping my hands on chest while sleeping I always sleep casually that particular day also I slept as usual but that night I was very tired of playing vigorously all the day. I still remember that night that strange thing I was able to feel but can't see clearly what the crap was that... Many resemble that to symptoms of paralysis but I don't know what that really was but some relate to spirits that are wandering in mid night in search of humans.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-04)
I am partially agreed with Giridhar's speculations about breathing problem. In my opinion, it may be due to the fear in hidden consciousness which played the trick because he was sleeping alone in the terrace which he had (I think so) never done before or it could be sleep paralysis.

Regards
Giridhar (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-03)
Hi there! It's seems just like my past experience. But I experienced not once or twice, its several times. One fine day, purposely I have tried to investigate actually where it is going wrong. Actually, I used to sleep by keeping my both hands on my chest by finger cross. So, when I used to sleep this way, then only I used to feel some strange things happening like somebody is sitting on my stomach and I cannot move a inch of my body. Even I had tried to shout to call someone but I couldn't. After sometime, my body slowly relax and come into conscious with full of sweat. So after realizing that, this kind of experience are happening only when I keep my hands on my chest. I think, there might be some breathing problem takes place when we keep hands on our chest while sleeping. Since then I have stopped keeping my hands on my chest while sleeping so I have no problems. I think you were also had the same experience by keeping your hands on your chest while sleeping I guess.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: