You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Terrace Horror

Real Ghost Stories

Terrace Horror

 

This happened to me when I was around 17. I live in a 4 storey building. My building shares its rectangle shaped terrace with another building and together it forms a society. Both the buildings have their respective entrances to the terrace for obvious reasons.

When my building was under construction, a labourer fell down from the terrace and died on the spot. After that incident, it is said that the spirit of the labourer moves about in the terrace, probably after dark. I live in the 4th floor of my building and right above my home is the terrace. At night, me and my family can here footsteps running here and there. Just for additional information, these footsteps are heard by anyone who lives in the top floor, which is the 4th floor. So basically, it became an usual thing for us and we don't think much about it.

Once it so happened that I needed some fresh air, probably around 8:40 PM, so I decided to spend some moments of privacy in the terrace with my beloved iPod. My terrace had no tube lights back then so it was really dark. I'm not someone who is scared easily so I went upstairs alone. I was enjoying the cool wind and my favourite songs when suddenly I got a call.

The call was from a very close friend and thus, I totally forgot about the time. Smiling, giggling, talking, I started roaming around the terrace. A point I would like to add, during this whole while, I did not have the dead labourer in my mind and as mentioned above, I'm not easily scared. I decided to go downstairs and reached the entrance of the terrace on the side of my building when suddenly, I heard some rustling of leaves from the other part of the terrace belonging to the other building. It felt like someone is walking on the dead leaves. I would like to bring it to your notice, there were no dead leaves there and the trees weren't that high either, so basically, it was clean. It got me curious as I was the only one on the terrace and I didn't see or hear anyone entering the terrace. I am 100% sure that I was the only one on the terrace and the terrace is not really visited by anyone, specially after it gets dark. Curiosity got the best of me and I started walking towards the noise when suddenly, the entrance door to the terrace of the next building banged shut! It is a heavy door so the wind has nothing to do with it. Plus, it wasn't windy that day anyway. Something inside my mind told me that it isn't a good idea to stay there anymore so I exited the terrace the very instant!

I came downstairs and started to find a logical explanation to this when suddenly I realized, the terrace door of the other building was LOCKED! It needs a key to be unlocked and only 1 family from that building had the key, so it just can't be anyone. Plus, if anyone would've tried to unlock it, I would've known.

Till this day, I stand without an explanation but one thing I can say for sure, that was hell of an experience.

Sorry if it's long. Any inputs will be appreciated. Thank you for reading my story.

Other hauntings by Shady4u

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shady4u, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shehbaz (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
Does this incident also happened in mira road?
"Ignore this sentence"
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-26)
[at] Girlcatbox, well thank you for calling me brave. Lol. About the ghost, if any, I don't feel it's harmful, just an entity wanting it's presence to be known, but again, different people have different sorts of fear. Lol.
girlcatblox (16 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-14)
That is crazy scary, dude. You are BRAVE to go up on the terrace like that. If I had lived there would moved out the instance I found out that a labourer had died. 😨
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-30)
[at] instant_crush, fortunately the spirit, if it does exist, isn't really harmful. Just some minor activities here and there, probably wants its presence to be felt. About me, I had totally forgotten about my haunted terrace, lol. I'm glad you liked the story. Thank you. (:
instant_crush (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-15)
damn! You got guts going up to the terrace which you knew was haunted. Thank god it wasn't one of those angry, vengeful spirits, else god knows what would have had happened. I think the residemts should do something so that the soul of the poor labourer rests in peace. Other than that, this is the second story to be in my fav. Now. =)
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-30)
SDS, I have done my homework and I have learned that the whole labourer's death thing is real. I somehow can't guarantee that what I experienced has relevance to the labourer's death. And yes, I have had many encounters which I am going to share in the coming future. Thank you for commenting.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
Hi Shady4u, you did clarify the points raised by other experienced posters. I also live in India. Just for the clarification of posters living in other countries, I would like to state that for the reasons stated by the O/P, in many of the apartments, the keys to the terrace are given to one family and it would be on rotation among the occupants of the apartments. While in the day-time, it would be open and when it gets dark, generally, it will be locked by the person, who has the keys.

But Shady4u, you should investigate more. It is not merely other neighbours saying that the spirit of the dead labourer haunting the terrace. Some one, like you, might have had some experiences. If you really want to inquire, it would that you should maintain a journal of activities, the experiences of others and the time, sighting or presence of the spirit of the labourer. It would be more authentic and more documented. This will also give more insight into the haunting.

Please do respond with any information in this regard.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-26)
Spiritwaiting, I'm glad to know you liked my story. I will surely post other stories soon (:
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-25)
shady4u, No never doubts, just making sure all the other things are ruled out. Your story was great, and I can't wait for more! Thanks for clearing them up 😊
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-25)
Spititwaiting, yes I have had many similar encounters on my terrace, I will be posting them soon. I'm glad to know I've been able to clear your doubts. Thank you so much for your response.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-25)
shady4u, Thank you for responding to all of our questions. Ok, this could very well have been a passing ghost, or spirit. Have you ever had any other encounters similar to that? Which would explain, this incident with one. Its actually really awesome. 😊
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-25)
Thank you all for reading my story and thank you for the comments too. Since you all have the same questions, I would like to clear it in one single comment. Well about the wind, it surely wasn't enough windy to push a door as such, and when I said "It wasn't that windy that day anyway", I meant the wind wasn't stable, it would either be a little windy as it was or no wind at all. About the keys, well only one family has the keys since some anti-social humans started to use the terrace for drinking, smoking and other similar purposes so the keys were given to the family who would take the responsibility.
[at] RoMaNzQ, I have been living in this building since I was like 6 and I have never seen an animal on the terrace, and it being a 4 storey building, I don't think animals can get there anyway. Perhaps, I don't think animals can lock or unlock doors.
[at] spiritwaiting, I understand what you mean to say and I respect that, but as mentioned above, animals can't get there and I don't think rodents walking can be audible to me on the other end of the terrace and like I mentioned in the story, there were no dead leaves. About the neighbour's door, I am sure it was the terrace door since I am very much familiar to the sounds both the neighbour's door and the terrace door makes, plus banging of the neighbour's door couldn't have been that loud.
[at] DontLookBehindYou, never did I say it could've been the spirit of the labourer and I also mentioned in the story, I wasn't thinking of him so he was totally out of my thoughts, so it couldn't have been my imagination.
Well, I hope I have been able to clear the doubts you all had, if there's anything you need to know, feel free to ask and once again, thank you for your comments (:
DontLookBehindYou (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-24)
Hi,
I really think that you're simply co relating all the stuff that happened and trying to connect it to the dead labourer on a subconscious level. The idea of a ghost on the terrace may have seemed enticing to your brain and the results are right in front of you.

But then again, this is just my point of view.
Cheers
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-22)
hello shady4u, ok I agree with lady-glow, and the story gets a bit confusing. I'm not trying to discredit your story. But you state you were outside enjoying the cool breeze, but there wasn't any wind. The rustling of the leaves could have been a small rodent, or animal walking through them. The door you heard slam shut, could have been a neighbors door. Please comment back, I think we would be interested to hear back, thanks a bunch.
RoMaNzQ (4 stories) (36 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-22)
With no disrespect to you or your account of the events, but, could it have been an animal? Perhaps a cat or a bird for instance? It is a terrace so I would think that it could be easily accessible to an animal.

Also I am a bit confused about the door slamming shut... So I am with Lady Glow and Lesleighra here...

With so many questions, it is really hard to give a definitive explanation to your experience.

Thank you for sharing.

Blessed Be
RomanzQ
Lesleighra (2 stories) (18 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-21)
I'm with lady-glow. Not to discredit your story because it may be haunted, but it sounds like some debunking is in store:)
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-21)
I do not understand something about your story, first you say:...I was enjoying the cool WIND and my favorite songs...
And some lines ahead:...the entrance door to the terrace of the next building banged shut! It is a heavy door so the wind has nothing to do with it. Plus, it WAS'T windy that day anyway... 😕

And how come only one family has the key to open a shared area of the building?
Could you please explain?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: