You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Out Of This World Voice

Real Ghost Stories

Out Of This World Voice

 

This happened at my current residence, a small, one room apartment within a housing community. I live there with my fiancé and our cat and haven't had any experiences before or after this one.

It was the middle of the night and I'd just woken up from a dream, one I couldn't remember. I know I was awake and not still sleeping because I opened my eyes and took note that it was still dark and I could go back to sleep. I was laying on my side, facing the wall, my back to my still-sleeping fiancé. Our cat, at this time, was more than likely in the living room sleeping on the couch since she was still young; it was her favourite sleeping spot. I closed my eyes and, just as I did, heard a low, male voice speak out.

"You humans want anything? Do you need me?"

At first I thought it was a hypnogogic hallucination, since I'd had those before. But those were always one word auditory sounds, not full sentences. I kept my eyes closed, terrified and heard a shuffling sound coming from the bedroom door. My fiancé often keeps his shoes between the door and the wall and it sounded like someone moving them around. Then it sounded like someone walking from the door around to my side of the bed. My heart was racing at this point and I struggled to keep a straight face, intent on looking as if I was asleep. After waiting for a while, and with no additional sounds, I plucked up my courage to open my eyes. I didn't see anything.

Naturally, when I told my fiancé what happened, he thought I was crazy but that it was a scary story nonetheless. I was scared not just because of the reality of it all, but because we had been addressed as 'humans'. One of my co-workers, who has had experience herself in the paranormal and lives in a haunted house, explained that this could have been an extra-planetary being, but I'm not sure. Was it a demon or am I just hearing things?

Other hauntings by BlueTurtle

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BlueTurtle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
Thank you, everyone, for your responses, especially to Nysa, DeviousAngel, and Pjod. I hadn't realized to what extent posters on this site took a certain term (wink, wink). It is a shame that that happens too often and I'm sorry you've all had to deal with that frustration.
I meant no disrespect in my latest post, I was merely trying to defend my story. Thanks again for all the advice and comments.:)
Medial (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-11)
That's very interesting! If it ever happens again, I think it would be fascinating to reply! Maybe you'll get some help?

Awesome story, thanks for sharing 😁
againsarahan (34 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
This is one of the oddest experiences I've ever read. Taking the offer of help at its face value, don't you wish you knew what "on earth" this entity thought he could do for "you humans"? Absolutely fascinating! Thank you for posting this!
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
zzsgranny,
Just having a little fun below... I could never pose a suggestion to the site owner, as I think he has done a fine job with this site as it is. It is unique... And when someone try's to control the atmosphere on a "social site" such as this, the site itself suffers. 😊
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
bluetortoise,
As I mentioned below "not talking about this story"
My post (rant) was not directed at you... But as Nysa said... A build up of frustration over the now common thought process of everything demonic. We have some very helpful people who deal first hand with demonic infestations posting on this forum, who would declare most threads posted here as demonic... Of course the early stages... I haven't seen this in a while, but they come and go. While they mean well, I blame them for this type of histeria towards the unknown... Much more than anyone posting a story and wondering out loud if it could be the source of their haunting.
Sometimes a stories thread evolves into something the creator did not intend it to. We just can't take it personally... Try to have some fun with it, if you can.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
I don't think Pjod was trying to criticize you or your post BlueTurtle, I think he was just posing a suggestion to the site owner...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
BlueTurtle: exactly as Nysa said, we have a rash of posters on here who believe that every single entity in the paranormal world is evil, a demon, a devil, etc. Unfortunately I think when people see the d-word now it is a bit of an eye twitcher. What you had said in your story was, "is it a demon or am I hearing things?" I think the way that came across is "here are the only two possibilities I see. It is either a demon or I am seeing things." Obviously now that you have clarified, I think others will realize where you were coming from. Please try not to take offense. 😉
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
BlueTurtle I suspect, and I can only guess of course, that you were a bit over-criticized due to a flare up of melodramatic "attack of the killer demon" posting recently. I think there is some frustration over the fact that people are prone to calling every entity that isn't one's late, loving grandmother a demon. As well as a lack of patience with people who believe that everything remotely paranormal is from "the devil". A frustration I must admit to sharing & sometimes reacting to. You make a good point for posts in general, as well as your account; we should both try to determine what a poster means by "demon" before reacting to the suggestion, and be careful not to harp on the terminology just because a poster fleetingly worries that something unknown could be the beginnings of something malevolent. I, for one, will do my best to keep your admonition in mind.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
I'm not sure why suggesting that I was visited by a demon renders such negative responses. I know now that it couldn't have been a quote 'demon' and I appreciate the feedback from people pointing out that, yes, the phrase in itself was non-threatening.
If you happen to read the story 'closely', you'll see that I'm merely asking if it was a demon as a suggestive precursor to what it could have really been. Nothing in the story is pushed onto the reader that what happened was the result of a demonic presence. I've read plenty of other stories where authors are adamant about what their experiences were caused by, whether it was true or not.
So please, in the future, just give me some feedback and don't harp on my apparent lack of technical paranormal understanding.
The experience in itself was frightening, despite it being harmless. Please don't get on my back about how I should have looked at the event differently.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
There seems to be a large % of the population who are not allowed to believe in ghosts... So everything that goes bumb in the night has to be demonic. Not talking about the above story of course, just how that whole concept came to be. Catching a cold does not mean you have pneumonia... Getting bit by a garter snake is not the same as a poisonous one. The creator of this site cannot police it in such a manner-- it would just be nice if people would educate themselves on what to look for in demonic infestation/oppression vs a haunting.
deejayy53 (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
i wouldn't quote me on this, but if the thing was asking if you need anything or want anything, it wasn't anything harmfull. Probably just a very curious and helpful guy just looking to help someone out lol

This comment from Javelina is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
there should be a guide to reference on Demonic Oppression, pasted on a wall of this forum. Educate yourself on signs to look for in this type of haunt. Safe to say you don't have that to worry about.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
To mojacko15 - Nothing additional has happened since this event. It was strange at the time since I didn't recognize the voice at all. But it wasn't mean, albeit scary.
To Nysa - You're right, I don't think it was malevolent either. I haven't heard anything since that night, although I've been getting a strange feeling like I'm being watched lately. My cat was freaked out the other day to go into the bedroom too. She peeked around the corner, like she wanted to go in the room, paused, and then her tail puffed up and she ran away. Don't know what that was all about, but I'm also not sure if my weird feelings are just a result of how often I'm on this site. Maybe thinking about ghosts so much in general is making me loco!
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
I don't think a demon / malevolent entity would be so polite or offer assistance, especially without getting unpleasant when you did not respond. Interdemensional beings or extraterrestrials are an interesting thought - and wouldn't it be great if they wanted to come be valets for us?- but not very well supported with just a disembodied voice and shuffling noises. With nothing more to go on I think it is most reasonable to assume it was a psychological event, but I know that never gets rid of that nagging question in your head; was there really something there?
mojacko15 (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
Ive never heared stories like this, I heared voices copying close person to you... Like for example... If your alone and you heared your brother or anyone ask you something and you thought they where there, and next thing you know, nobody is there... But if this one is unrecognize and errie, I suggest you look for a medium, if this continues... But on the cases I mentioned earlier... This voices are just passers, they come and go... Hope they don't stay... (lol)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: