You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Mom Said The Next World Was Amazing With A Single Word

Real Ghost Stories

My Mom Said The Next World Was Amazing With A Single Word

 

My mother passed in 2001. She had always been interested in paranormal phenomena, like me. I had quite a few dreams after her death and they continue to this day, although increasingly rarely. An old dream dictionary I have says that the departed can reach us in dreams for up to 50 years following their passing - at least this is what the Ancient Greeks believed, evidently.

But what I want to write about here will be the first and only time I "heard" from her from the other side - literally heard her voice.

Many kind relatives had come to the home we shared once she had died, to visit while attending the funeral. As is the tradition, they brought food. This made for some dishes to clean. At one point, everyone had left, to their respective hotels or the like, and I went to do the dishes. I had the water running when, momentarily, I heard my name called, in a cheerful, enticing way: "Hon-ney!" (Forgive me for substituting this for my actual name:-) Ah, one of the family members must have come back or forgotten something. I turned off the water and went to see who it had been. No one was there. Then it dawned on me... That had been my mother's voice.

I had heard this excitement and encouragement all in one in her voice before. It meant she wanted to show me something really fun and amazing when she spoke in this tone in life.

My mom knew how curious I would be about the next world and how very concerned I was about her well being, first and foremost. To me, in this single word spoken in such a characteristically encouraging and inviting way - she let me know that all was well. And even better than well...amazing.

Other hauntings by Zander

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zander, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-02-23)
Thank you, Rajine! Yes, I think you're right! So kind of you to say.

You know, I had forgotten to add that I believe that the running water from the sink created a kind of white noise which ghost boxes also use - something like a "between stations" not yet tuned in background noise.

I think that spirits can use such sounds to form sounds we can hear. I believe the running water was sort of the vector of my mother being able to be audible to me at that instance.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-02-23)
Hi again Zander

I believe that it's just your mum's way of telling you that she's still around, loved ones who pass on are always around us even though we can't see them anymore.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: