You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Such Is My Life

Real Ghost Stories

Such Is My Life

 

About a year ago, my sister Kay, her son, and I felt the activity in our house was growing out of... I hesitate to say 'control' for obvious reasons. More like, it was growing out of reasonable tolerance.

Ever since we moved into our grandparents' two-storey house on the farm three years back, there has been activity. Not daily, and never anything too bad. Footsteps where there was no people, doors shutting, lights on when we knew we had left them off, just little things. It wasn't hurting anyone, and neither of us felt anything malicious or unhappy around the house, so we let whoever it was be. No reason to go stirring up trouble where there was none, we decided. Please note, however, that though our grandparents don't live with us, the upkeep of all the land and the house getting to be too much for them, my grandparents are both very much still alive. We knew from the beginning it was very unlikely that, whoever was with us in the house, it was not our grandparents.

My other sister, Tiff, lived in the downstairs portion of the house with her friend during this time. Tiff, at the time, was... Cavalier about her well-being. She did things that hurt her, and poisoned her, and was more or less in a pretty dark place. It didn't take long for our silent partners of the house to get across that they were Most Displeased with what was going on downstairs. Unfortunately, there was really no stopping Tiff, and things more or less spiralled out of control. Looking back now, I have a bad feeling Tiff let something into the house that was NOT our hitherto silent roommates.

Everything came to a head last year. Tiff had moved out, but the activity was still out of line. Banging on the wall, TV's running without being plugged in, and power flickering. The final straw was that they started making Kay's son cry. He'd wake up screaming that there was 'a bad man' in his room, when he'd never had nightmares before. I don't care who you are, that's just unnecessary. So I got in touch with a local witch and her second, who I reliably knew through a co-worker, and they graciously agreed to come to the house, take stock of our mess, and do a smudging.

Their overall feedback of the house was hopeful. They had sensed two strong entities, one male and one female. They seemed a bit angry, but more frustrated, I remember they said. Considering all the recent changes around the house, people-wise, Mrs. K and her second said that this wasn't surprising. They did a smudging, and everything calmed down SO much. The two entities the ladies spoke of vanished, and the house went quiet. Tiff got out of her dark place, picked up her life, and is living with a new, and better, friend not far away.

Overall, while I think our family motto 'Ignore it or endure it' has helped us growing up and through life, it has also just about reached its done date. There are times when you need to reach out for some help, and not just soldier on.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, J-Lee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

J-Lee (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-09)
Thanks, everyone, for your kind feedback! Things like this are something my sisters and I have be dealing with since we were teenagers, so please excuse me if any of it comes off blase. I really do appreciate everyone's support.

[at] stephyw2001: While my family may not always acknowledge paranormal activities, we have made a point not to jump to conclusions or decisions. Most often, we've found the live and let live-after-life policy to work for us. 😁

[at] PrettyInPain: The power one did freak me out pretty badly. Pulling into my driveway to see the tv on with no one else home and knowing it was unplugged...yeah, I crashed at my parents' house that night. 😉

And thanks to everyone who had warm thoughts for Tiff. We're all glad she's happier, too.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
This was an excellent read for me, and thank you so much for sharing this. I am glad that your family was able to reach a peaceful resolution, as well as Tiff finding peace with herself. This one went straight into my favorites!
PrettyInPain (3 stories) (153 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
J-Lee,

I'm so glad you shared your story with us. I must admit, I do enjoy happy endings- and it's particularly nice that it's a nonfiction happy ending. 😊

I'm sorry to hear your sister went through that dark phase. I know how hard that must have been to not be able to do much about it. I am so glad that she's better and the help you received was successful.

I've been through some scary stuff, but an unplugged TV having power would have creeped me the hell out!

Best Wishes,
PiP
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
J-Lee: I agree that there are times when tolerance wears thin...I've hardly had to seek out help, but I'm glad I've become part of the YGS family, as I've become aquainted with quite a few knowledgeable people...

Thanks for posting!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
great post thanks for sharing 😊
Ok I see again I have been beaten to saying how fab this is oh well!
I did get the feeling it could have been passed family that were not pleased with your sister, and sadly frightening your nephew.
Plus lights being left on and things like that could have been their way of saying they were around and watching over you all.
Just my thoughts.
Carl
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
J-Lee - I absolutely love your story. You have all the ingredients here for the "oh it's a demon" that many people like to hang on ghosts who have an attitude, whatever the situation may be. In this case, your ghosts were fed up with your sister's personal life and they were letting everyone know it. Unfortunately their displeasure was scaring your nephew.

I'm glad you found someone to help you take care of things. I'm also glad that your sister is in a better place too 😊
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
😊 Nice story! I like your "reasonable tolerance" description and general attitude. I like that you didn't immediately fear the ghosts, but tried to live with them. Kudos!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: