You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Historical House

Real Ghost Stories

Historical House

 

As I mentioned in another story, I once did a co-op at a historical site. This tale is about a house on that site. It was an original house built there. Basically it was like a barn. You go up the steps to the front door and inside is a big space with a bigger loft/floor upstairs. This happened a long time ago. I cannot remember if there were two sets of stairs up to the open second floor or just one. Either way, I will get on to the story.

I would go into the house to relieve the worker there for a break. I had opportunities to use the spindle and make some yarn. That was pretty much it to do for me other than dust, turn the flax outside or scrub the giant cauldron (again outside).

This particular day I came in, did the usual chit-chat with the worker before she left, and got to work looking around! As in every place I went, I would try to experience as much as I could in the building (i.e. Touching the artifacts, looking around and just imagining what life was really like back then.) While doing this I heard footsteps on the second floor. So like any people person with no projects on the go would do; I went up to say hello! Well I got up there and no one was there. Shrugged my shoulders and went ok I guess I just missed them. (Which makes me think there were two staircases then) I went back downstairs. And again I heard footsteps walking across upstairs. I looked up at the ceiling and thought "Now isn't that funny I missed them going down and another going up!" I proceeded to go up the stairs once more. I made sure to listen to the footsteps as I was going up this time. By the time I got to the top no one was there. As I came down the stairs the other woman was there. I asked her if anyone had just left and she said "NO."

I thought that was weird at the time but just brushed it off. Similar events would often happen in that house. I was just glad that I was only there by myself for a few minutes at a time.

Other hauntings by Reallifeexp

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Reallifeexp, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
Short but sweet I like this story 😊 Maybe whatever it was decided to play a little game with you and see how many times you would go up and down those stairs?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-15)
Reallifeexp!
You're back! It's about time you came over to share some more experiences with us. And thank you for always coming through with clean, unembellished accounts of what you notice at these historic places.
And you didn't disappoint this time either.
I can always count on you. Thank you for sharing.
I can't wait to read about more of your adventures.

Jav 😊
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
What a cool story! Thanks for submitting it! It's just so nice to have such an honest factual unelaborated on encounter posted! Thanks again, and hope to see you hang around for a while!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: