You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Battling With Historical Bowmen

Real Ghost Stories

Battling With Historical Bowmen

 

I just remembered a story suddenly. It happened about ten years ago, back in UK when I still have my paint ball team.

I was going to the practice file in the forest with my team during a fall in UK; the weather was great to do any sport. We walked through the yellow forest stepping on the crispy carpet of red and yellow leaves.

Some of the teammates had fooled around putting leaves inside one another's clothes and pants. Our canine friends (Gigi, the Greyhound and Dale, the Cocker Spaniel) whom were the craziest of us all suddenly became very quiet.

One of our young teammate said that he saw a man in a suit of armor in the woods; we laughed and thought that it was a terrible joke. The canines started to bark crazily from trees to trees.

We started to get a little scared since it was the first time they acted that way, and then another one of our teammates said that he saw a man with bow and arrows. I thought that it was a prank by somebody who thinks that it's funny to fool around with Halloween costumes. I said to my teammates that we start our practice right there and the targets are those in Halloween costumes. The canine owners went to hush the canines but the canines seemed too excited to quiet down.

We equipped ourselves with the paintball guns and went searching for the "knights and robin hoods". A weird wind blew it was strangely warm and very unpleasant. We reached to our practice field and finally, at least three of us, saw a figure of a man dressed in silver armor wandering in the woods. We aimed the figure and shot a few shots then we realized that it had gone away (or disappeared). We found a few paintball marks around from other teammates too. We gathered up again and waited there to spot those people with Halloween costumes.

The canines barked again crazily turning around in hoops (or chasing something around). From a distance we found two big groups of bowman (there were more than twenty of them both sides) pulling their bows and arrows, getting readied to attack. We ran inside the wooden hutch before any of us were injured by the rain of arrows. I looked out of the window and I realize that those groups of bowman had disappeared.

Till today we still talk about this event, it was very strange, but if it was a prank, who would find like dozens of people to play a prank like this to us?

I will let the readers to judge this time. It have been many years since that and my mind could be making things up, but having to see that many bowman aiming arrows at each other sure was a very scary experience. I still did go to our practice field having our teammates saying that they see knights around and they see bloody bowmen lying around and things like so. I somehow was very sceptic about the stories they told me AFTER the "meeting of the bowmen" I still think that some of them were making things up, but, one thing for sure (or not quite) is that we had been battling with unknown bowmen inside the woods through our practice field.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by GoldenDragon1984

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GoldenDragon1984, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Zeromaru (guest)
-1
8 years ago (2016-03-17)
Mhannerism
Hi again!
It is said that spirits can be on earth for 400years yes they will be here for centuries
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-17)
Zeromaru,

I agree. Most of historical places that was used in a war left a lot of energy (yeah mostly sad) that will go on in centuries.
Sorry for being talkative! I just really enjoyed your account! 😁

Thank you for sharing!
Zeromaru (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
Mhannerism
Hi again! Thank you for commenting!
I would like to see you sharing that as well!
Wars are really a trigger to all kinds of spiritual events, since there will be so many thoughts of people involved, mostly sad thoughts... 😐
You are always welcome! I enjoy reading your comments!
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
Hello, Zeromaru

It's me again!:D
Reading this account reminds me of an experience (not mine) that slightly resembles yours. This person just got back from US; she fell asleep in the living room, and at around 2 or 3AM, (can't remember the exact time but it was 2 or 3) she was awoken by the people she thought partying outside their house. She became irritated and tried to ignore the noise and then she heard a truck and pulled their fence with no sweat! Furious, she got up to the window and shouted, "Hey! If you don't want to sleep, let other people sleep!" But she got scared because there was no one outside the house and it became dead silent. She suddenly remember that the Japanese used their place as a prison camp during WWII.

Soooo this must be residual. No worries! But seeing a battalion of soldiers aiming their bow is indeed terrifying! I could have shouted/called for Mom if I was in your place! I hope someone could take a video of that re-enactment. Jk. 😆

By the way, sorry about the long post.

Take care,
Mhanne ❤
Zeromaru (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
Miracles51031
Thanks for commenting!
Ha-ha! That might happen 😆
Yes, I strongly felt that it was other groups! 😠
But I have never heard of a team owning more than 20 people... 10 years ago. The robin hoods were so real though... 😐
Zeromaru (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
lady-glow
Thank you for commenting!
When I was in Cambodia, I visited Angkor Wat, it was an ancient temple located inside a forest, kind of like the Asian version of the ruin castles of the Old Briton, Otherwise, I never went any other places else, not even England. No, I never had experienced residual hauntings during that time.
I have heard that our practice field (Now a grocery store) was abandoned for years, until the government plans to build shopping malls on it a few years ago. It might be an old battle field, we found that the land scape had many "spaces"; shallow borrows, big trees, etc. What a pity they had changed the whole place... 😕
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
Zeromaru - as I was reading your story, the thought crossed my mind that maybe another group was either doing what you and your friends were (paint ball) or it could have been a reenactment of days gone by. It would be kind of funny if it was a group playing paint ball (or some other game) and they thought you and your friends may have been ghosts LOL

Thanks for sharing 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
Interesting.
Have you ever investigated the history of the forest?
You might have come across a residual haunting recreating a battle of a bygone era.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: