You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Red Roof Inn Spooks

Real Ghost Stories

Red Roof Inn Spooks

 

My story begins on a road trip through New York State to somewhere in Virginia State. Late at night we decide to stop at a hotel along the way. This particular Inn was located upon a hill. It branched out continuing along as the second floor while a new first floor popped out of the hill at the bottom.

I was hoping our room wouldn't be adjacent to the hill part. Our luck we got a room just next to it on the first floor. We walked down the hill and around. It was kind of creepy as it was in a kind of corner and there were apparently not many other cars in the parking lot. As the door opened we see wow 70/80's Blast from the past. Complete with the super thin comforter. The only thing new was this huge; I mean huge; boxy TV. We joked around about it being a good investment, as we set the timer for a couple of test runs.

After knowing the TV timer worked we lay down and passed right out from exhaustion. Next thing I know I am being pulled downwards. Lying on my tummy I swear (SWEAR) being pulled down by my feet/ankles. Being so exhausted I climbed up thinking it was the guy I was with playing a trick on me. Just wanting to sleep I mentioned a few choice words and proceed to keep my sleep. I remember talking to someone still eyes closed half sleeping off my side of the bed at some point. I can't tell what was being said but I really thought it was an exhaustion conversation with the guy I was with.

Anyways I wake up to feeling of being pulled 2 more times. Each time getting more and more frustrated at the guy. I murmur "stop it" (as I squiggle up the bed beside him). Finally the last time. I swear on my tummy something had my legs pulling me slowly off the bottom of the bed yet again. Fed up! I wake right up shouting "STOP PULLING MY LEGS!" As I'm crawling back up to my man, shouting this, I whack him on the chest! He wakes up very surprised "WTF! I'm sleeping!"

I was so angry I said "STOP PULLING MY LEGS!"

He sat up and said "How can I be pulling your legs? I was sleeping HERE!"

We looked at each other. Looked at the TV which was on, and thought it was time to get up anyways. We looked for the remote (which we had on the bed when we passed out). We looked everywhere. The remote was way over on the window ledge! AND it was hours before the timer was set on the TV! I immediately said "LETs GET OUTTA HERE!"

He was skeptical and got up to use the washroom. I was getting my stuff together when suddenly he comes flying out of the washroom Saying "GET YOUR ****!" which of course I did! Half in pajamas we fly out of the room and didn't look back.

He never told me what he saw in the washroom. Later he mentioned something about things being unlocked that he locked or open that he personally closed. I don't know he never really talked about it. He was a Marine so whatever it was must have been really shocking! Needless to say that was a really creepy experience

Other hauntings by Reallifeexp

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Reallifeexp, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

karine (6 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-16)
Hi. Would love to speak with you further about this story. Could you please contact me? Thanks very much, Karine.
Reallifeexp (6 stories) (12 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-24)
This is my go to ghost experience. When I watch the ghost stories or whatever and see people have been pulled off their beds too, it makes me feel relieved that it does happen to people not just me.

I apologize I cannot change the title to Hotel Scare or something. I really don't know of it was red roof inn or not... Might not be... But to this day I get names mixed up but events I can describe accurately. AND THAT EVENT IS 100% TRUE!

I am glad I was sooo tired I just wanted to sleep so it was more annoying then anything... Until we looked at eachother and couldn't find the remote. (Later after looking everywhere even pulling out the end table from the wall, I found it behind multiple curtians on the window ledge beside the door!) Like wtf that along with the fact we tested the tv alarm and set it properly and put the remote on the endtable.

Just thinking of it gives me the chills to this day.
Reallifeexp (6 stories) (12 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-29)
Upon reflecting of the story. I know all the events are absolutely accurate. The Red Roof Inn NAME part might not be. It was my first time seeing one (being from Canada) so that name might have just stuck in my head. When I reflect back the events happened. I didn't check in so I wasn't really paying attention to what hotel we were at. All I know is that the events absolutely happened. And the description of the hotel is accurate too. It happened so long ago but I remember it like it was yesterday. And when I think of that trip I also remember chuckling at the name Red Roof Inn:)
Reallifeexp (6 stories) (12 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-20)
My story was directly considered for the Paranormal Wittness show. However because I am not in contact with the military man I was with that day, I did not ultimately qualify.

That's ok. I still think my story is a spooky one and I am thankfull for being able to share it here.

Shocking events stay with us. No matter how much time passes, I will always remember it like it was yesterday!
Reallifeexp (6 stories) (12 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
I am not in contact with that man anymore (havent been for years). The funny thing was was that I was lying on my tummy. And its pretty hard to actually move yourself halfway down a bed on your tummy.

I don't know why. I don't know why the tv was on when we personally tested it a couple times before to be sure the timer worked. I don't know why the remote was across the room on the windowledge when we fell asleep with it right near us. I don't know what freeked him out I never even went into the washroom to even know what it looked like! Just somethin wierd and exillerating at the same time!

Thanks for your comments! 😁
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Interesting story. I wish you could coax your boyfriend to tell you what happened in the wash room. Being that 10 years have passed, he might have completely blocked it out by now. Hotels are always interesting. Especially old ones and those built in historic districts. I cannot say that I've ever experienced something paranormal in a hotel room, but I have felt uneasy once or twice. Thanks for sharing.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
Wow that's pretty creepy I wonder what your friend experienced, whatever it was obviously unnerved him a fair bit! Would be great to find out what had happened there in the past is there any way of finding this out?
What is the meaning of pulling someone down the bed? Is it because they don't want you there? Or just trying to frighten you? Hmmm many things to consider regarding this experience.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
Thanks for sharing your experience! I had a creepy experience at a hotel too. I think those places are probably haunted because of all the traffic that comes through. Most of it is probably just residual, but having something pull me down the bed would have freaked me the heck out.
buffyrestinpiece (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-26)
wow I have a red roof motel I wonder if it could be having paranormal activity! 😁
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-07-26)
In my opinion, Red Roof Inns are scary enough without the ghosts.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-26)
Reallifeexp, that experience is actually on this site. If you click on my profile it's the story called "The Last Laugh" Please feel free to have a look at it if you ge the chance. 😊
NpN4poisoN (2 stories) (36 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-26)
Nice...! I can guess your friend must have seen something unreal in the mirror watching him or something. Happened to one of my friends a long time ago when he was in a hostel. He freaked out so bad that he quit talking to anybody for weeks! In your place The Terminator would have ran with his Pajamas!
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-26)
motel hell, that's an experience I wouldn't want to have. I tend to be an angry sleeper as when someone tries to wake me or touch me I come up swinging and never even wake-up. Good thing you had your friend there can you imagine if you had been alone?

Champion
sydwazhere (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
😲 holy crap lol that's kind of freaky id just grab my crap and run like hell
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
I don't suppose your Marine Boyfriend would happen to remember which Red Roof Inn it was at?

Http://www.allstays.com/hotels-by-chain/red-roof-inn.htm
Reallifeexp (6 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
I wish I knew exactly where that inn was. It happened in 2001 or so somewhere between NY and VA. Thanks for your comment. What really happened in your situation?
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
Great story, and thank you for sharing it with us. You reacted the same way I would have, a couple of times I thought my husband was playing a trick on me and I shouted out in an annoyed way too. It's kind of hard to get rid of that chill when you realize it wasn't them. 😨 I wonder if any other guests of that Inn had any experiences as well. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: