You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Cold Touch

Real Ghost Stories

The Cold Touch

 

It was not more than a year ago where I had experienced the most dreadful feeling when I was touched by a ghost, at least I feel like it was a ghost. Here is my story:

It was late February and the snow was just melting away. My little sister was spending the night with her friend, and my little brother was doing the same at my cousin's house. I was living the life of an only child to which I never want to do ever again. I had just finished watching a re-run of "family matters" in our downstairs family room and I was getting a little bit tired. So I turned off the t.v. and walked up to my room in the dark. When I turned on my light it was as if I was replenished again so I started watching my own t.v. As I did so, I had closed my door and locked it, that way I could change into my pajamas.

I laid in my bed, watched a couple of movies and finally I had felt tired like before. I checked my room again. I made sure the window and the door was locked and that my closet was closed so that the cat wouldn't get into it again. I turned the t.v. off. I couldn't fall asleep for some reason so I started to count sheep. All of a sudden, I hear someone walking on the stairs. At first I thought it was my mom or dad (who happen to be in their room across the hall fast asleep). I looked at the crack of my door, there was no light on! I heard the steps go up the stairs, then down the stairs, then up again. It continued... it went down the stairs, then started slowly coming back up, I coughed, and I heard it run up the stairs extra fast!

I then heard my doorknob moving as if someone was trying to get in. Now let me tell you, if it was my mom or dad, they would have already been yelling at me for locking the door. But I didn't hear any yelling, just constant breathing and huffing to get through the door. It suddenly stopped. A few seconds later, I heard the door unlock! I then thought to myself, "there is no key to my room, as a matter of fact, there is no key hole to the knob!"

SWOOSH! The door then flies open and hits the back wall. I then retrieve under my blankets and then pinched myself because for a moment I thought I was in a terrible dream...I WASN'T. I then heard the person walk slowly into my room and stand right beside my bed.

Then, it touched me! Both cold hands were on my back... freezing cold hands. As soon I as I felt that, I screamed out "MOOOOOMMMMM, DAAAAADDDD!!! Papa, papa, papa, please help me, papa, papa!!" After that, I heard everything go backwards. It walked out, closed the door, locked it, rattled the knob, walked up and down the stairs and then was gone.

Seriously, no one believes me! My mom and dad said that they didn't hear a thing and no one else was there with me. But I know what I heard and what I experienced. To me, it was all true.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

demonslayer (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
What concerns me about these stories is the growing number of people who'd rather turn a shoulder to a 5-year-old being harrassed by demons than deal with it themselves. Indeed, I'd like to see more parents taking action when their children report these presences. Anyways, that is a chilling story and I'll probably be half-hallucinating, half-witnessing spirits for the next few hours... Good luck, I hope that you don't have to deal with anything like that again.
chocologic (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-29)
Good Christ!

Is your house relatively old?

Thank God I live in a new house!
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-29)
Ewwww... 😭 That would've freaked me out soooo bad! I've only heard ghosts. I've never seen one, and I've certainly never been TOUCHED by one. (Knock on wood!) If that had been me, I'd have had to change the sheets. 😐
whitefang557 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
😐 that's a bit awkward but it happens. Maybe it was a ghost or as they like to be called spirits. But anyway that's a bit wierd it did that to you. 😐
GhostFollowerKate (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Wow, I bet that made your heart beat a little faster *laughs* Did your parents say they didn't even hear you scream?

Xx
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-30)
wow, that is scary. My friend experienced something like that: she said that she went to her grandma's house because she needed a babysitter(her parents went to two seperate work meetings)and she was in the living room watching tv, just like at home, then she heard someone walking toward the living room(like everybody does when they wanna watch tv or something. She thought it could've been her grandma coming in so my friend got up to help her since her grandma usually always had back pains, but it wasn't her grandma, it was nobody actually. My friend thought she was hearing things so she continued watching tv. That's when whatever it was came into the living room and put both it's hands(if they were hands)on my friends shoulders. Thinking it was her grandma, my friend turned aroung to find nobody. Her parents didn't believe her like yours didn't either Destynie. Well that's what she told me.
melissa (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-27)
Whoa that is so creepy I hope you wont experience that again.
Lilian (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-23)
This story is so scary! Unfortunately, I believe you, and so I certainly won't sleep that well this night (thanks a lot!). Anyway, joyeux noel, seasons greetings and felice navidad.
Dahlia (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-23)
I believe you. there was an inccident in japan just like this. the guy happened to catch the ghost slamming his door open on web cam. just opened over and over....anyway..what I am saying is that I believe you.
Matthew (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-22)
People have a hard time accepting these things so dont get down if at first they dont believe you. At first people in our house didnt believe me too, giving me reasons like, "we have lived here for years and still we have not experienced anything". But I mean thats there reason, it different for everyone. Sometimes these beings come to us because we are the only ones who can see and feel them, some come to us because they think we are interested. Most of them come to us because we pay too much attention to them, hence this gives them the idea that we want to help them. So dont be scared maybe they just need help, or maybe they are just passing through.


Seasons greetings and Ennjoy the holidays!!!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: