You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Ghostly Touch In A Most Historic Place

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghostly Touch In A Most Historic Place

 

It has been quite awhile since I posted my first story about the haunted dude ranch. I am ready to share another encounter.

I have only been touched by a ghost one time. I understand that this can be a frightening experience for many, and indeed, I was startled. However, looking back, it was quite nice.

I moved into a cute, small apartment building in Safety Harbor, Florida. It was one block away from the ballroom dance studio at which I worked. The complex was comprised of a one story building with three apartments in a row and a three bedroom house. The landlord had built all of the units himself.

I chose one of the apartments. It was technically a studio. But, the way the landlord designed it, it was divided into rooms enough that I didn't feel claustrophobic. Next to me, was a similar studio, and next to that apartment was a decent sized two bedroom.

I grew very close to my neighbors and spent a great deal of time in every unit, including the two bedroom. We looked out for each other and I felt very safe. Also, Safety Harbor is a town that lives up to its name. Everyone looks out for each other. Nights are quiet and peaceful.

Anyway, I lived in the studio for two years and never felt a ghostly presence. I also spent some time in the two bedroom and it felt very warm and pleasant. After two years, I decided to leave the ballroom industry because it wasn't conducive for me to find a husband and start a family. I moved back home and began studying web design. Because I was still friends with the remaining tenants, I would visit often. During one such visit, I noticed that the two bedroom was for rent. I had just gotten a great web design job and called the landlord on the spot to secure it for myself.

The landlord gave me a key early so that I could measure the rooms for rugs. The first night that I went in there, I sensed a presence. I had never sensed it before when the apartment was filled with people, but it was definitely there. I immediately set about doing an energy cleansing of claiming the apartment for my own in a positive and happy way. The presence went along with it and receded. I came a few more times before moving in, just to claim my space. I didn't feel threatened in anyway.

I purchased a rug for the guest bedroom floor first. I slept in the apartment the night before my big Uhaul move because I had reserved the truck in Safety Harbor, while living in Riverview, many miles away. The apartment was completely tiled, so the only place I could sleep was on the rug in the guest bedroom.

I slept through the night without incident nor fear. It was once the sun shone happily through the window that I got the shock of a lifetime. I remember beginning to wake up and feeling arms around me. I clearly felt a body spooning me. It was a really nice feeling. I felt loved. The person holding me was comfortable and sweet. As I continued to awaken, I snuggled into the other person contentedly. The person responded by snuggling deeper into me, in a warm and loving manner. It was then that my morning brain fog lifted, I remembered were I was and that I was alone. I felt a sinking pit in my stomach and a surge of fear. Quick as you can, the soul snuggling next to me retreated. I was shocked, but validated. It was true. There WAS a presence in the apartment. The night I came into the pitch dark to measure the floors, I HAD felt a spirit. I took a moment to process it all. Again, the sun was shining through the window and I was in the protective embrace of Safety Harbor. I thought about what I had just experienced. I had felt a warm and caring embrace. Yes, there was a presence in my new apartment. But it wasn't harmful. It was sweet.

I do have other accounts with this entity (all positive), and my husband researched the area and came up with amazing information. Please let me know if you want to read more and I will gladly comply.

Other hauntings by LoveOfAbundance

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LoveOfAbundance, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Calamity (2 stories) (53 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-04)
LoveOfAbundance,

I cannot imagine the shock of realizing someone unseen was spooning you! I love your reaction to it too. I'm not sure how I would have reacted to the same situation, but I feel certain it wouldn't have been with your composure!

I'm definitely looking forward to more.

Jane

😁
jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-02)
Hi LoveandAbundace... Thank you for sharing your beautiful experience... I second lady-glow...maybe it's a former tenant's spirit who had pass and remains attached to the apartment because of the loving environment... Please do share your husband's findings 😁...
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
Hi LOB - that's a really positive experience - do you have any idea who that spirit may be? A deceased loved one?
Jodie_S (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
Beautifully written and I look forward to hearing more about this apartment, your experiences, and your husband's findings!
chapulin1234 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
Hello LoveandAbundace - Sorry but I have to comment on the fact that you said "wasn't conducive to me finding a husband" and then at the end you mentioned your husband!, I guess the job change did work for you, eh?, 😜 LOL!

Nice story... Now I am intrigue to read about your husband's findings 😁
Thanks for sharing.
Claudia
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
LoveOfAbundance - I second lady-glow, yes please! I know the exact feeling you are describing as it happened to me also. Maybe not that much love though 😆 But when I woke, I knew without a doubt there was someone spooning me, and I was sleeping alone. I question my experience because there were other factors I had to take into consideration so I can't say for certain there really was an entity snuggling with me, or if it was dream residue.

Thank you for sharing this and I do look forward to finding out what your husband discovered 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-01)
Of course I want to read more!

Do you still keep in touch with the previous tenants of the apartment? Do you know if they sensed this presence while living there?

If the people in that town is as caring and loving in death as they're in life it is possible that the spirit was feeling lonely in the empty apartment and was happy to have your company.

I'm waiting for the sequel to this story.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: