You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Only I Can See Him

Real Ghost Stories

Only I Can See Him

 

My step dad died in 2002 (I don't remember the dates but I do remember it was in 2002), after he died I was really sad and I started sleeping on the couch in our living room and at night, I would watch tv. We had two computers on the other side of the living room. One was his and a week after his death, when I was trying to sleep, I could hear a cough (he had heart problems and diabetes) and the clicking of a keyboard and when I looked over at the computer I saw like a bluish outline of him. Other than that, I could hear sounds of bags (like chip bags) rustling and when I checked, no one was there, but I could still hear it. My old cat Tornado, who disappeared, really liked my step dad and after he died (my step dad died in his and my mom's bedroom) Tornado would NEVER go in that room again and when I went in there for about a month, it was always really cold. What was strange was I could hear it as if he were still alive, but I could still see him as clear as day (I knew I was awake because I spilled some milk on my shirt the first night and it was there in the morning). I asked everyone but no one else could see him or hear him.

After about 2 months, it stopped completely.

I just thought I'd share my story. Thanks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dolliementalerror, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

OregonPS (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
Any new update or sightings?

It is possible it took him a while to realize that he had passed. But a more likely explanation would be that he simply was trying to convey to you that he was still there, watching over you. Take comfort in that fact.:)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-09)
Hello Dolliementalerror,
When I was a senior in High School, my best friends brother passed away. As she was my best friend, I spent a lot of time in the home, and therefore her brother was as MY brother. There was a lasting joke for his Mother and Father that I should grow up to marry him, and then I would have a RIGHT to be there all the time.
I am merely trying to convey how close we all were. The weeks following his death and during the funeral I stayed in the home. I slept downstairs, only to be awakened every morning to his "breakfast call". I never told anyone what I was hearing. I thought they would either think I was nuts, or I would find out that I was grieving much more than what I thought.
Do not second guess what it is that you feel you experienced. Accept the gift. He chose to come back for whatever reason, and you were fortunate enough to be the receiver of such a blessing. Do not be surprised if in the future one of those who now say that they did not see or hear him come forth and confide in you that there may have been a time when they did.
Thank you for your story.
henry16 (1 stories) (43 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-09)
you must feel honoured that he actually come back to tell things like that its very rare to
hear about luck such as that
crazy_chica (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-27)
Im sure he was there to tell you he will always be there if you need him. I hope you are very thsnk full that you saw him again!
taintedsoul (12 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-23)
When I first started reading this, I thought residual haunting, but obviously not. Be thankful that you got to see him again, as I want to think that this was his way of telling you that he was OK. Usually Family members that come back, offer no threat, and are just checking up on those that they loved in this plane of existance. Don't be afraid of him.
TheGhostGuy (8 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-23)
Or, maybe he just liked potato chips and computers, like me. But, he might appear to you to say that he is alright now and he wants you to know he is still looking after you.
jeya (4 stories) (30 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-22)
I wonder why he was still around for that amount of time. Maybe he wanted to let you know that he would always be around for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: