You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandfather's Death

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandfather's Death

 

I hope ya'll can bear with me as he just passed 3 months ago. My grandfather has been sick for the past 3 years and in January 2007, he took a turn for the worse. Toward the middle of March, I had taken time off from work to be with my grandfather. Every night I went to my fiancee's house to stay.

March 19 started out the usual day. My fiancee and I went to my grandmother's house to spend some time with my grandfather. We were there until about 11:30 that night. We went back to her house where I was ready for bed. Just as I laid down, about 12:30, I received a phone call from my mom on my cell phone. She had told me that my grandfather had passed away at 12:17 am on March 20. I started to cry. I called to my fiancee, who had just taken a shower, and as I sat on the couch, she came out and I just looked at her. Then she said "He passed didn't he..." All I did was shake my head yes. She told her mom that we were going back. Even as I sit here, typing this, I am starting to cry. We got there and everyone was around him. I had decided to lay on the floor (everyone else was sitting down or out in the kitchen talking).

Next thing I knew, I felt something kick me in the leg. I looked and asked everyone if they had kicked me. Of course they all said no. I think my grandfather wanted to tell me goodbye.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Delaware

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sagmo29, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sagmo29 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-27)
My grandfather was never one to "kick" anyone. I mean he loved my brother and I as we were his own sons. That was two people within three years that we lost someone who treated both of us like sons. I enjoy reading everyone's comments. It brings a smile to my face. Thanks everyone.
cutiepie45 (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-23)
Hey sweety, I feel for you. Your grandfather just wanted to tell you goodbye or he wanted you to not be sad and to remember the good times with him. 😊
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-23)
I think your grandfather had help on telling you good bye. But some peoples spirit go in to the other relaem strong. I bet your grandfather was hear he would tell you no to be said and think of all the good times you had together.
Blessed Be
taintedsoul (12 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-23)
Was this "kick" in your Grandfathers character? I mean, is this something that your Grandfather would do to you? For someone just passing over to the other realm, that takes a lot of energy to actually kick someone. Makes me wonder...
jeya (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-22)
lol could be. Or it could be he was telling you to get up off the floor. Lol
Apparently your grandfather is still thinking of you.
much luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: