You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Rock House

Real Ghost Stories

The Rock House

 

My grand parents moved in the rock house in 1980. Space was very limited for a family with 5 kids and only a 3 bedroom house. At first, when they moved in, everything seemed pretty normal, but after a few months they started hearing noises, like footsteps in the hallway when there would be no one there. My grandmother kept two small dogs in the house and she began to notice that every time something strange would happen, they would hide in the bathroom. One night, my dad and his 3 sisters were coming back home from the movies. When they pulled up to the house, they could see through the window what appeared to be my grandpa going into the bathroom. My dad waited outside of the bathroom for a few minutes, waiting for my grandpa to come out. After waiting for a while, he got worried and opened the door and didn't see anyone.

A few months later, another strange thing occurred. My aunt was sleep walking, which she did a lot, often she would fall and accidentally hurt herself. My dad hadn't fallen asleep and heard her moving around downstairs. So he went down stairs and tried to find her. When he did, she was walking towards the bathroom and there was a man standing in front of her, only a few feet away. He was wearing overalls and and a long white beard that came a few inches below his chin. My aunt just kept walking and walked completely through him! After that he disappeared.

When my grandparents moved out 5 years later, he was still making noises and appearing often. Over the years, only a few people have lived in that house, most only stay for a few years and leave it empty for a little while.

Thanks for letting me share this story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Savannah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taintedsoul (12 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-23)
This was a person who was attached to his house, loved it, and wanted to stay there. Very non-threatning, just spooky. You should be thankfull he was agreeable to let you stay in his house for the time you were there, otherwise your life could have been a living nightmare. I know of a house here where I am at, that the spirit that occupies that residence, is not the most gracious host. Many familiys have came and went, in a matter of days.
TheGhostGuy (8 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-23)
Well, he is a spirit, but he doesn't seem bad or anything. Maybe he just loved it there when he lived in it, and doesen't want to leave it. Or he appears in front of the inhabitants, and tries to get them to help him get to the white light.
Savannah (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-23)
I found out that the man that kept appearing once lived there. And he must have thought that my family was trying to take over his house.
jeya (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-22)
yeah... I probably wouldn't stay in that house very long either. Lol
Did you ever find out anything dealing with the history of the house or who lived there?
much luck

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: