You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Galley Road Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Galley Road Ghost

 

My story started when I was 3 years old. Not only was it me that remembered this but my family had remembered and have recalled the exact experiences as well.

We had lived in Colorado for as long as I can remember, and this story occured in that same state. On Galley road was a house that my mother and father could afford. Obviously they took it as there wasn't much on the market. The one thing that the owners had told them and was also on the lease that for no reason should the renters go into the attic. Come to find the attic door was painted shut and if you wanted into the attic it was going to be a struggle, so my parents had left it alone.

There were many strange occurances and one including my mother seeing my father's doppleganger. Normally this means death unless you see your own. Others occured after my brother was born where he was pinched awake as a newborn in his crib.

My own story happened as I said when I was 3 years of age. My mother had experienced the same sensation. I was asleep in my mom and dad's bed and I had been awoken by something that was looking at me from their bedroom door.

For one reason or another I did not like sleeping in my own room so I was in their room. But the thing I had seen was not my mom or my dad, I was seeing what I thought was my grandfather. The hall light was on so I could not see the face, just the outline. It walked away and I followed it thinking it was someone I knew. When I got to the door it was empty. I waited for a moment and suddenly my mother's body formed and walked with furiousity down the hall into my bedroom. I followed for reasons I didn't fathom and found my mother looking at me. She dropped to her finger tips and scuttled her way under my bed. I will point out the my bed frame was only 2 and 1/2 inches away from the floor.

I ran to the edge of my bed and saw my mother's face crushed under my bed frame very annoyed. I raced to my parent's room and awoke my dad and told him, "Mom's under my bed and she is MAD."

Confused he got up and went to my room with me to comfort me about the situation and reluctantly looked under the bed. Nothing was there. He was scared. He went down the hall and found my mother where he had left her infront of the tv with my little brother in her arms fast asleep.

A few weeks before my mother had seen a shadow in her doorway that she thought was my dad. After this incident they started hearing springs from an old box spring mattress bouncing up and down in the attic.

When my family finally decided to move out, my mom wouldn't stay and clean. My dad cleaned the house. The last room was my room. He went in there to vacuum, found some other walls to clean and went to get a rag. Out of no where he heard a wrenching loud sound from my room. My dad ran to my room and found the vacuum's hose pulled into my closet bar (where you hang your clothes) hanging there. He ran out of my room and found the attic door's door open and the paint peeled back. They never went back.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Galleyroadghost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-07)
I was really creeped out by the last part. Like, really? The attic door was open and the paint was peeled off? That is so scary. It s like a scene from horror movies. YhThanks for sharing!
navy123 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-31)
HOLY MOLY, THAT SOUNDS SOO SCARY! I'm glad you left, that definitly was NOT a dopleganger! Stay safe!

Navy123
scarter (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
I have to say, your experience made me laugh out loud! Not because I don't believe you, so don't be upset about me laughing. Just the image of you watching your mother get under your bed, then running to tell your dad that "Mom is under the bed and she's MAD." Somehow struck my funny bone. I think I would have been very confused if my mom acted like that too! Lol. On a serious note, I'm glad you're outta there, it doesn't sound like a good place to be.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
I believe that the idea that doppelg
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-03)
Im in agreement with Javelina on this one, it certainly seemed like a very frightning experience. What you witnessed was not a Doppelganger in my honest opinion, that was something completely differant and yes as you mentioned it was something that no doubt was attached to the attic. Is there any other info that you can share with us regarding the home?

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-03)
Doppelganger schmoppelganger! I don't know about the rest of you but I've never heard of one doing that!
Whatever that was, it wasn't your mom or her life twin. It obviously had something to do with the forbidden attic.
Just be happy you're out of that place. I'm sure your dad is.

Jav
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-03)
Well that certainly was a good telling. You actually saw your mother's body taking form? And you seem to know your way around doppelgangers lore.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-03)
WoW! Your story gave me chills!

Thanks for sharing! And if anything else happens keep us posted! Hope everyone in your family is ok!
SugarySweetGirl (2 stories) (26 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-03)
I have always heard that a doppelganger is when you see yourself (not in a reflection, but an actual being) and that they forwarn of your own death. It's said that President Lincoln saw himself a few days before his assassination.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-03)
the images from reading your story are rather scary.
I've read cases of the doppel. Desperately escaping through a house when it was about to be confronted by the person it was doubling as... (T.A.P's case I read about)
Never have I heard of impending death, doom or gloom following such sightings. Only confusion.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-03)
How did you know the baby was pinched awake? Was there a mark?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-03)
Galleyroadghost,
Holy crapoly! This one gave me the heebie jeebies! What the heck? I don't blame your dad at all, I wouldn't have stayed after that either.
Have you had any other experiences since moving from there?
Thanks for sharing!

Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: