You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Ghost Hunting At Warmsworth Hall

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Hunting At Warmsworth Hall

 

Once again we must begin with a huge thank you to the manager of the hall Eddie, who helped so much with the ghost event in going beyond anything we had asked of him, Eddie again gave a fascinating chat about the history of the hall as well as some of the ghostly happenings that have been reported there, some of which we ourselves the Simply Ghost nights team had witnessed there in the many events we had participated at Warmsworth hall.

On our previous visits to Warmsworth Hall we had been privy to so much varying activity at this most haunted of locations such as towels been thrown, tables literally been unscrewed, knocking on attic windows, fantastic glass and table work, we as a team were so excited to be once again returning to one our favourite paranormal venues, would we be treated by the ghostly inhabitants to a comparable amount of ghostly happenings and occurrences, in a nutshell no.

Initially in the bar room a group of ghost hunters experienced some fantastic table work where in fact the table literally moved across the floor to the shock and horror of Andy, this spectacle of spirit activity and strength also amazed Treena, Lee and Bev too. In the Main reception room a group of ghost hunters watched in disbelief as the k2 spiked on request from green to yellow.

In the attic a group of ghost hunters were attempting a séance where they heard tapping in the corner of the room on request, and the tapping eventually manifested itself onto the table and continued to tap on request. Karen, Jan both stated that they felt as though they had been touched on the arm, and Sarah said that she thought she could see dark shadows moving in the corner of the room. The group also experienced communication with a spirit of a child who claimed to be five years old in a glass divination experiment, also in a table tipping experiment the table rocked to and fro with extreme vigour.

One of the paranormal mysteries of the night was whilst one group were using the Franks box, they in turn called their names out, starting with Sarah, Eve, Kay, Richard, Karen, Stephen, Stuart and Steven. What they then heard from the Franks box astounded all of them, firstly they clearly heard Stuart's name, then Karen, Stephen, and Eve's name all mentioned, then as the excitement grew Steve's name was again clearly audible from the Franks box, this incident shocked all that heard it in the tiny atmospheric attic.

The Franks box still brings up many questions about the white noise theory in using it, again by calling out eight names and hearing five repeated back in only a matter of minutes will still bring conjecture on the matter of the white noise theory, and the issue of the randomness of the Franks box.

In another vigil in the sumptuous wedding hall a group experienced k2 spiking on request that went on for at least ten minutes as they group said go the 'green light' on the k2 meter the spirit of Warmsworth hall duly would.

Another group were enthralled in a human pendulum experiment which enthralled Derek, Barbara and Andrew, so much so it had Andrew shaking in fright at what was happening.

The last hour or so of the night seemed to have little or no activity which was a shame as we had great expectations of what we had witnessed on our previous ghost nights at Warmsworth hall, as the time came for us all to say our goodbyes to our brave ghost hunters we considered that in our goal for spirit communication sometimes we are privileged in what we do and what we witness that sometimes we should lower our expectations as the spirit world can not turn on the activity as we want.

Other hauntings by Simplyghostnights

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Simplyghostnights, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cookie-eated-me (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-15)
From what little i've read, there always seems to be an attic; and isn't table tipping late 19th to early 20th century stuff? Please correct me if i'm wrong, but for a minute, I thought we'd moved into the 21st century. 😉
HappySpirit (187 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-04)
Adding my two cents. This is malarkey. No more simplyghostbogusstories please.
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Lol Mountaineer! I agree they should get booted off the site! I don't understand why these "stories " get posted in the first place.
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
I personally skipped the entire story and went straight to the comments. I didn't need to read it, because I have read one of their stories before. All their stories follow the same plot, with some name changes as to the location. I know what I want for Christmas: simplyghostnights booted off the site. Consider it Martin, please.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Oh my! I'm built up an embarrassing sweat now. Could you ask your mum to turn down the heat? Wonderful performance luv. Master Slips is correct sir, the yanks are clueless as always. 😉
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Another gripping tale of excitement, deception, adventure, and intrigue, broadcast to you from dear Mum's basement.

Bloody good show, Guvvena'...the yanks'll never suspect a thing.
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Uuggg...another glorified advertisement. Reading this was a waste of time.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: