You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My Family Ghost Stories

Real Ghost Stories

My Family Ghost Stories

 

I am currently 20 years old. My father had always told me the family "ghost stories." Since I am very interested in the paranormal I believed the stories, but I also thought he was fooling around with me. So for confirmation I asked my mother about all of these and she told me they were true. I will tell you of the ones my father and mother have told me and of the things I have experienced.

The first story my father would tell me is my first ever experience with an entity I was about 6 months old. He awoke one night in our first apartment with the feeling someone was watching him sleep at the end of the bed. When he looked at the end of the bed he saw a white, vague figure that slowly disappeared, for some reason he thought nothing of it and got out of bed to check on me in my room. He said when he went in my room he saw the same kind of figure floating over my bed watching me sleep, he felt like it looked at him so he asked it politely to take the other spirit and leave since this wasn't their house anymore. He saw the spirit disappear and never felt of saw the presence ever again.

The next time was when we moved to our next place, it was at a condo about an hour away from our old apartment. I don't remember much because we moved there at about 3 years old. This experience, well multiple experiences, at this condo is what makes me deathly afraid of the dark now. I was about 5 or 6 when I noticed things happening. I would start to sense that there was something in my brother and I's closet. The closet would slowly open up at night then shut again. My mother would come in and tell me to stop but I would be crying because of how scared I was, my brother would also get very scared and would cry most of the night. After this happened a few times my mother finally talked to my father about it. One night it was the worse, my brother Tyler and I could not fall asleep and he had just started talking. He would say over and over "Tori make it go away, please Tori it's scaring me..." Then a black figure ran past the window as I was leaving to get my mother. I felt paralyzed I couldn't move anywhere nor could I scream, I just stared at it and it seem to stare at me. Soon my mother came in and it disappeared. My father woke up and went in my room and sent my brother and I in his room. My mother then put my brother and I back to bed after about 15 minutes and we still wouldn't sleep. She comforted us by saying dad had brought it to the woods outside and scared it enough that it went away. After that nothing else seemed to happened.

Then we moved to our new apartment after my 2nd brother was born. I could tell instantly there was something there. One night after about 1 year of living there my mother had an experience that confirmed my senses. She had woken up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. My father had fallen asleep with the tv on. After she came out she saw all of the pictures and knik knaks turned around she thought it was my father, yet as she turned to him she realized he was still fast asleep (my father is very hard to wake up). She turned everything back around and woke up my father and told him what happened. They then went back to their room and found everything in there turned around as well. Also the night that that had happened when I was going to use the bathroom I saw the shape of a face with very subtle features hanging above my window.

We then moved to a new house in the same town about 7 years ago. Once again I knew something was there, but only in one specific room, which soon became my bedroom. For the first 2 years I didn't sleep in my own room, I was terrified to be in there. One night I then had a dream about a little girl who said she used to live there and her name was quicken (which means in greek to be brought back to life) and she died as a little girl there and her father built the house in 1928 (we couldn't confirm the actual year the house was built). Then the next day I go in the basement and hear my name being said over and over in a whispering female voice. I then find out it was not my mother, she is the only other female in the house besides me. The only thing that has happened recently is whenever my friend sleeps over there is an angry feeling in my room and my dog comes and lays by my best friend's head, then circles her all night while she sleeps, she is also constantly watching one corner of the room. I now live in a dorm and sometimes have experiences here, like hearing my roommate call my name at 2:30 in the morning and yet she is not there.

Sorry for this being so long but I would love to hear insight, if I am just very open to spirits, or I have been unlucky enough to move to all houses with spirits, or if it is the same one following my family?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, clarkrose91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

cool11 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
I am open to spirits as well but they don't show themselves and I am fine with that! I remember reading that don't be scared of your gift, you have it for a reason. Try talking to them. I kind of know what you're going through I hear my name being called all the time but I got used to that ages ago. I hope this helps.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
clarkrose91: As already mentioned you are a beacon for spirits to come too, they know they can be perceived by you. Some of the homes you mentioned may have had residing spirits already there, but this may only be found out by doing a bit of homework.
I have no doubt you will continue to experience these events, the thing is being able to control and harness this gift of yours. Learning to cleanse and psychically protect yourself would be a great start for you.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
I agree with clever and KRYSTALLIA, because the first time a woman feels the baby when she's pregnant is called "quickening", and before the days of sonograms, that timing was used to predict the due date of the delivery...
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
I see, it was just misspelled online. Thank you for the info! 😁
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
clever210 Quiken translates to zoopoio or zoogono - which in Greek are verbs that mean to create/make life, not bring BACK to life/ressurection - which in Greek is "anastasi" and the female name which could mean "bringing back to life" is Anastasia.
Sorry for all the etymology, I guess only the O/P can answer and she might not want to disclose the name.

Regards,
Krys
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
I think the Greek word is zoopoieo? That word was translated into quicken in the KJV Bible.

This is what I found online:

(A great word in God's word is the Greek, zoopoieo. The King James Version translates this word three different ways, "quicken," "make alive," and "give life.")
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
clarkrose I agree with the other posters, seems that you are quite open to spirits. Just please explain the below sentence if that's ok:
"a little girl who said she used to live there and her name was quicken (which means in greek to be brought back to life"
I am Greek but I can't understand what name you mean, I have an idea but I'm not quite sure... The "quiken" buffles me!

😊 Krys
Sie (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
Just keep your head when they're around, even if they try to get nasty. Remember to always be assertive with those ones, let them know that the boss is the one with the pulse, and they'll usually behave. For the others, eather you can ignore them or try to comunicate a little (I usually just talk to them) and let them know that you know they're there. Mind you, this can be iffy at best because, once they know you know, they may start hiding your things or trying to comunicate with you.
clarkrose91 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-20)
I had a feeling I was open, I always wondered why I could feel if a spirit was there. I really appreciate your insight.
Sie (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-20)
I hate to say it, but you seem to be very open. Not unlike myself, you've had the misfortune of attracting spirits that were eather content to not be seen, or just unnoticed by the rest of the world. You seem to be handeling it rather well, though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: