You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghost Dog And Other Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Dog And Other Spirits

 

So a little background I'm 21 years old I've been living in this house for going on 10 years now. I would say since around 2005 is when I first started noticing things.

The first encounter was the ghost dog (I named him Buddy).

My brother moved out in July of 2005, when he left I decided to switch rooms as he had the biggest room in the house which was a half finished basement. I didn't notice anything until about September. When I would go to bed I would hear a dog breathing heavy and panting (like as if he were excited and wanted to play) it felt like the dog was inches from my head. I sleep on my side facing the wall and when I would hear this I would turn over to see what was there and it would stop and be dead silent, it would happen almost every night sometimes multiple times in 1 night, although it would always stop as soon as I looked in its direction, it took its toll on me as I was missing school due to lack of sleep.

Finally I came up with a temporary solution I would run my air conditioning at night or leave the TV or stereo on to drown out the ghost dogs breathing. That seemed to work most of the time unless it wanted its presence known, in that case I would wake up the next morning to find the air conditioning or TV off. The first time it happened I thought it was a power outage during the night until I noticed my clock-radio didn't reset back to the flashing 12:00 position. So far to this day I can still hear the breathing but not as much as before (I rearranged my room recently and sleep on the opposite of the room now, I think the dog favors the north side of my bedroom because I don't hear him as much.

So far I've never found bite marks, scratches, or any other markings so my guess is it's a friendly dog that might have passed away in this house (which probably explains why the landlords don't allow pets here). Things have a habit of disappearing but when I leave the room and come back it'll be right were I had put it originally, sometimes I'll simply say "buddy cut it out" and like within the blink of an eye it will be right there in front of me on the table

My other encounter was something else I'm really not sure as too what but it's not the dog

It started earlier this year around March or April. I remember the story fairly well as I was pretty spooked. I was at home watching TV my parents were at work it was about maybe 5-6pm and I heard footsteps walking around upstairs, I muted the TV and could still hear it right above me with a heavy step (boots maybe) I got scared thinking someone broke in, I got my gun and proceeded to check out the house it was clear! I figured it's an old house, old houses make noises right? I shrugged it off and figured I was just hearing things and went back to my room, nothing else happened that night. Every now and then I would hear the footsteps walking around upstairs it would keep doing it until I ran upstairs then it would just stop. Dead silence.

Sometimes when I'm upstairs I can clearly hear the sound of my basement bilco doors unlocking and opening only to run downstairs and find it securely locked.

The last encounter I had scared me pretty good. I had constructed a 3D pyramid out of beer cans on my dining room table (which is in my room) I had went to go get a snack upstairs when I came back the pyramid wasn't on my dining room table anymore it had moved itself to my coffee table about 10 feet away still in perfect form, I sat down in front of it wondering WTF and How? And then out of nowhere the pyramid just collapsed in front of me, at that point I freaked, got my shoes and left for the night. I rebuilt the pyramid back on the dining room table and set up my webcam that has a motion detection feature, it's been maybe 2 weeks and the cans haven't moved and the camera hasn't picked up anything yet. (I guess it knows what I'm doing).

That's mostly everything I can remember of the top of my head. I'm not 100% sure if my house is haunted, as there's a logical explanation for everything. But I definitely know something's here, since I'm still in my story telling mode I might also make an article about my previous house I lived in a lot of weird stuff went on there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, joeschmo420, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

joeschmo420 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
my parents haven't heard or noticed much except my mom has told me she heard footsteps before when no one was home like I've heard. My brother as far as I know never heard or noticed a thing while living here, or at least he hasn't told me of anything. I remember when we first moved here in 02' he used to have a Ouija board but gave it to 1 of my friends in 03' maybe he messed with it and something bad happened and he decided to never tell us and gave it away.

And lately I've noticed that whenever I'm fixing something like my car or something in the house. A tool that I need to use or just used disappears and I'll look around and empty out my toolbox looking for it and its not there but then a couple minutes later I'll find it sitting right in front of me when I know for a fact it was not there earlier.

Whatever it is it loves playing pranks on me and pissing me off
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
I have no doubts that what is there knows exactly what your doing, spirits tend to do thing when are least expected and not when we want them to happen! As geetha50 has already mentioned if your family has had past experiences, it may shed some light as to who and what is going on. House and land history will also help you. Look forward to hearing more.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
Have you asked your parents if they experienced anything? You said that you moved into your brother's room when he moved out, did he experience the same thing or anything else?
Naru_117 (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
Id be cautious if I were you... You may be dealing with a minor poltergeist that is just playing pranks or it could be more malicious and just hasn't shown its true colors yet.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
Well on the bright side- the ghostie dog appears to be haunted house trained.

No random pools of doggie urine/ectoplasm for you to step in.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: