You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Just A Regular Dog Walk

Real Ghost Stories

Just A Regular Dog Walk

 

I recently discovered this site over the summer when I was off work. It has intrigued me to the point where I have spent several nights that have turned into early mornings reading people's experiences!

Two days ago I was walking my Boxer, Gigi, when a gentleman was approaching us from the other direction. The man wore a yellow and black button down shirt, untucked, with jeans. I said hello and smiled as he got closer but he stared straight ahead and didn't acknowledge me.

My dog and I were walking down a fairly busy street, and it was around 12:15pm. The next crosswalk was a ways up, and there is High School across the street. I turned around a few seconds later and the man was gone. He wasn't walking any faster than we were, so I don't think he could have made it out of my eye sight in that little amount of time.

My dog is very friendly, and approaches everyone. I didn't think of it at the time, but she didn't go near the man.

I shared this story with some others and they thought it may be a Residual Haunting due to the fact that the man didn't seem to notice me and stared straight ahead. Some had suggested I try to walk that path at the exact same time to see if I pass the man again.

I didn't feel anything strange near the person, just more confused where he could have walked to so quickly in that short amount of time. The street we were walking on was busy; I don't think he would've crossed without being at the crosswalk.

The only other thing I have experienced was something more spiritual as an eight year old, and I often hear my name said. I live alone.

Thoughts?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AngieJo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AngieJo (1 stories) (13 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-10-05)
Hi Tweed! I remember your story about the man in the suit. It is one of my favorites! I'm assuming you were a young girl when you moved in that neighborhood so at first you might not have thought anything off about him. I certainly didn't expect this guy I passed to disappear in thin air either! It took me by surprise. I rarely walk Gigi at the same exact time, so I don't know if I would have to in order to see him again. Most people on the sidewalk that time of day are students from the HS across the way or others walking dogs. I live in the suburbs.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-10-02)
Just a regular dog walk, ha yeah right, not on YGS!

Hi AngieJo I had a similar thing happen once but it was with a neighbourhood regular. Some guy who we'd see walking home a lot. I wrote about it a few years back:

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=24497

Like you I still don't know exactly what happened. I think your dog's reaction, or lack of, is very interesting/telling. But telling of what I'm not sure lol. Hope you're glad you had the experience, stuff like that sure makes things interesting.
AngieJo (1 stories) (13 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-09-29)
Hi OCgirl & fellow Boxer lover❤️ I am hoping to travel the same path & time soon. Thank you for your comment
AngieJo (1 stories) (13 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-09-29)
Hi Maria! That would be so interesting if the young man you saw reflected was a future dweller of your grandmother's house. Maybe the Jud look alike with the boat will move out soon 😁
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-09-29)
Hello AngieJo. Being a Boxer owner myself I get the significance. They have never met a stranger & are happy to see everyone, so if they're skittish it means something. It may have been a spirit that was just passing through or even a residual taking the walk he always took. It would be interesting if you ever cross paths again & if Gigi reacts the same.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-09-29)
Hi AngieJo,

I tend to think of "residual hauntings" as a kind of blip in our reality. Maybe the guy you saw was taking a walk in another layer of reality that overlapped ours.

When I was a young teenager, in the early nineties, I lived at my grandmother's house and there were a few times where we (me, my sister and cousin) would see the reflection of a young man in my bedroom window. It was like he was sitting in my room looking out the window. He didn't interact and he was not visible IN the room. I always felt like he was doing that somewhere else or at some other time - perhaps he's going to live in my grandmother's house in the future.

My grandmother died from pneumonia with COPD in 2016. The guy who owns her house now is a different looking person than that of the reflection - he looks like Judd from "Pet Semetery" and he parks his fishing boat directly in the gravel driveway... Now I'm just venting.

I enjoyed reading your story. It was quite thought provoking.

- Maria
AngieJo (1 stories) (13 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-09-29)
Hi Lost Voyage! I was so excited to read your thoughts! Yes, the street is very busy due to the High School, a Target, Mall and grocery store. The rest of the street is residential. The only thing in the neighborhood hood I've been aware of happened in the late 90's. On Easter Sunday that year a man murdered his wife and mother in law, then himself. The four children witnessed it. A few years later another family bought that house and the father strangled the little girl to death. I'm not sure about anyone else in the family being hurt in the second case.

That would be interesting if the man I saw was from a future event!

Thank you for your thoughts ☺️
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-09-25)
Hello AngieJo, I enjoyed your story! Due to the mans complete lack of interaction with you and the fact you didn't feel anything strange in his presence, I would tend to agree this seems like a residual haunting or possibly you glimpsed a scene from another time/place. Some recent stories on here have recounted people 'seeing' another person before said person actually showed up. So perhaps even though you didn't know this person you encountered, you may have seen a future event or a view of the past. The mans clothing seems fairly recent as well, and I'm sure regardless there's a lot of activity on that street. Are you aware of anything notable happening in that location? Fascinating experience nonetheless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: