You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: I Saw Things No One Else Could See

Real Ghost Stories

I Saw Things No One Else Could See

 

When I was a kid, my family and I lived in a house in DeQuincy, LA. I was probably in the second or third grade at the time. I would see these strange things that no one else could see. I would repeatedly see a black mass in the shape of a person run across the opening of the hallway going to my room. I could never tell my parents because they were religious and I was afraid to get in trouble. I was never really sure what I was seeing but after research, I am sure that what I was seeing was not of my world. I was a child, why could I see these things and no one else could? I was terrified to go into my room or to leave my room because I was constantly freezing in that hallway. To this day, I have told no one.

There was another instance where shortly after my grandmother had died, I walked into my room and I saw her face in the mirror on the wall. I asked my mom to take the mirror down but when she would ask why? I didn't have an answer. I was afraid of that mirror.

I was so sensitive to things around me no matter where I went. It's a shame that I lost that ability over the years. I could not understand what I was seeing but now I know and it was amazing to have known that I had that ability at one time. The black masses in the hallway left a lingering feeling of dread in me and I was not a fearful child. I used to think it was a monster or something awful. I was innocent to the world of paranormal and to see something like that from a child's point of view is scary and heart stopping.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eholmes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

BrittAdams6271 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-19)
Hi, I live in DeQuincy La and I'm experiencing some strange things like you speak of. My family is religious and I don't know if I should say anything. If you have any advice for me please contact me at Korona2 [at] yahoo.com. Thanks
Ashutosh (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-09)
Did you try to communicate with the black mass or your grandma. It's good that you did not get any harm, I myself saw something black little mass in my P.G room, or I don't know if I was to seeing things.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-09)
I like to call it "being insightful". I think that most people possess this ability but I also think that most people can "shut it off", so to speak. More than likely you are still able to see things but for some reason you have shut it off. Maybe due to your parent's beliefs? I actually had to close the doors for awhile on my insight due to some things that were coming in that I didn't wish to deal with. It is scary for a child to go through these things.

As far as your sighting of your grandma... I am sure that she didn't mean to frighten you. In fact, it was sort of a blessing that you were able to see her after she had passed. Good luck to you.

Zeta.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: