You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Friendly One

Real Ghost Stories

The Friendly One

 

I have always encountered things that are out of this world. From black silhouettes lurking in the dark to clear apparitions and sleep paralysis,I've encountered a lot of things.

I always try to find logical explanations before believing that what I encounter is paranormal, but there are some things that happened and that I cannot explain.

However, today I chose to tell you about the friendly ghost we have in our house.

I got married a few years ago and moved in with my husband. The house we are currently living in belonged to his grandmother. She lived and died here and he really, really loved her, they were very close.

The place has a cozy aura to it and, sometimes, I had the feeling that I was being watched. But it was not that frightening kind of feeling. It was like I knew someone was looking at me, but that did not scare me.

Some things happened.

For example, while I was home alone at night, I was in the living room watching TV and my cat jumped over some flower pots. One of the pots was falling, I could clearly see that, but I waited for it to fall, because I knew I couldn't get to it in time. However, right before completely falling over, the pot suddenly got back to its place, just as if someone had caught it and put it right back. I tried to think logically, but there wasn't any physically possible way in which the pot could have turned back on its own.

There were a few other things like things falling over at night, misplaced things that appeared days later. For example, I had this glass that I simply lost. My husband would often drink beer out of it and it just went missing. I asked him if he, by any chance, had broken it, but he told me that he didn't know anything about it. I looked for it everywhere, even believing at one point that maybe I've broken it and somehow forgot about it. Then, one night, my husband was sitting in the kitchen, sipping a beer and there weren't any other glasses on the table. At one point, something falls and glass shatters and when we look, it was that glass that we've been looking for, lying shattered on the floor. There wasn't any possible way for it to be there. It looked like it had fallen off the table, but it wasn't on the table to begin with. My husband really laughed and joked that that's his grandmother's way to make him stop drinking.

Another time, I was doing something at the window, and then when I turned around to leave, the curtain got stuck on something. I didn't bother to arrange it, I just turned towards the door. Just as I was reaching the door, I heard the curtain being pulled and when I looked, it was slowly being pulled to its place. I just smiled. I don't know why, but it felt like it was mocking me, like stop being lazy, putting the curtain in its place wasn't that hard, was it? I stopped thinking about it until the exact same thing happened, but in another room.

Sometimes, some little things that are misplaced by us just fall down. Like, I would put a perfume bottle on a shelf, its place isn't usually there, it would fall down.

After I gave birth to our daughter, there were times when I would be alone with her at night, trying to put her to sleep and I would feel a hand rest on my back or shoulder. At first I freaked out and yelled for my husband, but I got used to it in time. The same kind of touches woke me up in the middle of the night. I don't know how to explain it, it's just as someone puts his hand on me in a reassuring way.

In time, we got used to it. We don't freak out when we see something falling or when we hear something. This has been going on for about three years now, so I really think that it would have escalated until now if it was something malevolent. We like to think it's his grandma still caring about her place, prompting us to keep it organized.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ravenn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
+2
11 months ago (2023-04-12)
Hi ravenn

It's always good to find a logical reason for any experience, much like you I've been through a few things that you mentioned and there's no amount of logical reasoning to explain why certain things happen, but from what I read it seems that your husband's grandmother has an attachment to her house.
ravenn (1 stories) (1 posts)
+3
11 months ago (2023-04-12)
Thank you all for commenting. I really feel better now, knowing that there are some people who share my opinion, that the spirit we have in our home is my husband's grandma. I'm really glad you liked reading about my experience. ❤
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+3
11 months ago (2023-04-09)
Aww, great share Ravenn and welcome!

It certainly seems like his grandmother is still making her presence felt around the home. I'm glad you're both accomodating. Having seen a curtain move on it's own I know how bizarre it is lol. The flower pot must have been super weird, great catch for the flowers!

Thanks for sharing, always a joy to read of a nicely haunted house. 😊
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (238 posts)
+2
11 months ago (2023-04-09)
Raven, Nice name by the way. Sounds like grandma wants to let you know she's still the monarch and that you should keep things like she would want. I really enjoyed reading about your experiences. Thanks for sharing.
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+6
11 months ago (2023-04-08)
Great story ravenn, thanks for sharing and welcome to YGS!

It is refreshing to read a story of a helpful spirit dwelling within the walls of a haunted home, playful, and reassuring. So few stories contain this, so it's a genuine delight to read!

I do believe it is the grandmother, still looking out for everyone and ensuring her home remains a peaceful and organized place!

Appreciate the share ravenn!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: