You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Buddy Upstairs

Real Ghost Stories

My Buddy Upstairs

 

I'll start off with a little background information. My grandmother has had our house since I can remember. When I was 5 years old my mother, older brother and I had to move in with Grandma because Mom was pregnant and we had nowhere else to go. Mom had my little brother within a few months of living with Grandma and about 3 years later we moved out and into our new home up the street. Mom then had my other little brother we went through a rough time again and when I was 17 years old we had to move back in with Grandma.

Well, in the time that we did not live with her, my uncle began building onto the house. He began a back extension and an extension upstairs but moved to Wyoming without finishing the house and Grandma won't let anyone else fix it. When we first moved back in when I went to the back part of the house I would get very uncomfortable like someone was watching me. Sometimes it would get so bad I would end up running back to the main part of the house. So when I turned 18 I moved out to get away from it. When I would come to visit I could feel tension in the back and when I got pregnant it was worse.

Things went downhill with my boyfriend so I ended up moving back in with Grandma and was sleeping on the couch. Sometimes in the middle of the night I would hear what sounded like footsteps upstairs (there was no one staying up there). About a year later I was still in here and had moved into a room in the back part of the house right outside the garage. I could still hear the footsteps upstairs and sometimes they would even come down the stairs and pace downstairs too. In August I began to be filled with fear when this would start happening I have no clue why.

One morning my boyfriend and I were getting up and he noticed that I had a HUGE bruise on my leg and pointed it out. I told him I had no clue what happened I just assumed that since I had my daughter I became very anemic so I might have hit it on something. A few days later the bruise lightened and I could see teeth marks in a perfect circle like someone had bitten me!

I tried joking about it until a few nights later I was in my room with my cat on my bed reading a book. My cat looked up at the ceiling then down and right back up again and arched his back, hissed then ran out of the room. That's when the footsteps started and I got scared but I figured I would stick it out this time. The footsteps got closer and closer to the stairs and I became filled more and more with fear so I began to pray. When I began praying the footsteps stopped then sounded like they ran down the stairs, in the garage, something hit my mom's car right outside my door, and stopped. I began praying harder and the air in my room became very thick until I couldn't breathe. I said, "Please protect me so I can get into the house" got up and ran. When I made it outside my door I could feel something chasing me when I made it into the old part of the house both my cats were going crazy hissing and growling.

I refused to go back in my room for 2 weeks and when I finally did go in there and take a nap one afternoon I had another experience. I woke up to what felt like someone pushing on my face, my whole body was buzzing, and my eyelids were being pushed open. When I was fully awake I realized I couldn't move or think or talk just breathe very shallow. About 5 minutes later it lifted and I got up and ran out of my room, went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror my whole right cheek was red.

After that, none of us in the house wanted to go in the back part of the house it was like my fear had somehow made whatever is back there more strength. Whenever any of us hear footsteps or feels uncomfortable we always say my little buddy upstairs is acting up again.

I have no clue what to do I'm way to scared to sleep in my room or even take my daughter back there to get in the car! I don't let her walk back there for anything and if she does I freak out. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Other hauntings by pilz-e1

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pilz-e1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

angelus_crudus (3 stories) (35 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
I would agree with Jacklyn a cleansing is in order. If you are apart of a church you could ask your paster/priest to come in and bless the place. If you aren't apart of a church, or don't want to bring them in, then I would burn sage slowly walking though the intire house. Good luck, thank you for sharing your story I sure hope it gets better for you.
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
It's worrisome that this thing reacts as if frightened by prayer.
pilz-e1 (2 stories) (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Ok thank you all I will start off with why my uncle stopped construction. He is a heavy alcoholic and ended up using all of my grandmas money for the house on alcohol and also lost the permit to continue building. Grandma says that he started it he has to finish it. I have searched our address and have gotten nothing on the land except that this house is here. I also forgot to meantion that my other uncle had moved in before we did and he lived upstairs. He is not a good guy at all and is currently in prison for raping my young cousin upstairs my auntie says that evil done up there brought evil in.
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
I too am wondering why your uncle stopped construction and why your grandmother won't let anyone else finish it. Maybe the construction has stirred up something that has been dormant all along. Do you know anything about the history of the house or the land?
Jacklynnve (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
A lot of the time if a spirit is residing in a home (they were probably the previous owner), in many cases, rennovating it makes them angry. It's like someone coming into your home and building onto it without permission. Things like this could also be triggered if you move around furniture and whatnot. This thing is obviously looking to harm you, so I would suggest getting someone to come in and do a cleansing because if you try to do this by yourself, it will more than likely make it even more angry and more violent. I know this is easier said than done, but you can't be afraid of it because that gives it power. Goodluck with everything, let us know how it turns out.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
I agree with anneke8. See if you can try and bring a priest or someone into the house to have it blessed, unless you're comfortable with smudging (anything might help). I certainly wouldn't want this spirit around, especially if it's violent. You're right to be afraid for your daughter and I can only pray that things turn out better.
Please let us know what you decide to do and if it works. It does seem strange that the haunting would surround a part of the house that was added on. Did you ever find out why your uncle stopped construction? Was it, perhaps, because he was stopped by the spirit? Perhaps the spirit is an old owner (theory) and is angry about the addition, hence the reason why the hauntings appear there. Otherwise, I'm not sure.
I'm sorry I can't offer any other sure ways of getting rid of the spirit, but a blessing or smudging, or even a stern 'leave us alone' may help.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
Strange that this thing is where your uncle build onto the house... It's not that is a old part of the building where one expect a haunting to be, it's not like anyone died there in any case. If this started to happen after the extension of the house, it can not be a normal haunting or ghost. But this thing sounds angry to me for some or other reason, I cannot say. It almost sounds 'trapped' to me, if it can't get further than the garage and the backpart of the house. Please do not try to rid of this thing on your own. I see you are religous, so am I. Get someone who will not give this thing more power by being afraid of it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: