You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Gone But Not Forgotton Friend

Real Ghost Stories

My Gone But Not Forgotton Friend

 

First of all, I have to say that I go to see a medium. The very first time I saw her, she touched my hand & straight away said that I'm very in touch with "the other side". I had a feeling but had never been sure, as I used to feel myself walking up walls when I was a kid. Whether I actually did walk up walls or someone was guiding me, I don't know but I sure can't do it now.

My story starts at the tragic passing of my friend, he was 11. I wouldn't say that I was particularly close to him in his life, so I found it strange that he was clinging to me after his passing.

I've had a few encounters with him now, beginning when my life took a bad turn. I'd had a heart break (as most 16-year-olds do) but this one had me develop an eating disorder. My best friend would always be with me, she would practically live at my house. It's when she stayed things started happening.

They were only small things at first, like when I would be falling asleep on the settee, my friend on the other settee. I would hear someone whisper my name in my ear, just between the point of conscious and subconscious. Then there was the feeling of being watched as we fell asleep.

On one occasion, we both turned to see neon green patches on the floor. The same patches that I saw on the stairs on Christmas Eve when I was a child. As I hovered my hand over them, I could feel what I can only describe as ice cold electricity. We then went to get my mum to show her, yet the patches were no longer there. As my mum went back to bed and we were on our own again, they returned. This surprisingly didn't scare me. The next time did though.

Again I was with my friend, we were trying to get her cat to go home as it had followed us to my house, but she wouldn't leave. We gave up and just went to the living room to watch TV. Her cat would not leave the back door! As we settled into the programme, I noticed something go past the window, but shrugged it off due to the fact that right next to the window was a concrete wall; therefore, nothing could get through it. Just a second later, I saw something move by the window again and tried to ignore it. The next time I looked, there it was, someone looking right back at me!

I turned my head immediately as I was scared, and said to my friend, "Tell me there is not someone stood at my window" to which she replied, "Yes, there is!" Needless to say, we both dashed upstairs in no time at all to look down on the window. Nothing there! There is nowhere at all that anyone could have ran that fast without us seeing them. We stayed up that whole night in shock.

We went to see our medium a couple of days later and told her about it. She passed on a message from our friend. That he was always a joker and didn't mean to scare us that bad, but he wanted us to know he was still there if we need him.

Since then I made a vow to him to start eating properly, it was hard but I've never looked back. Apart from the odd time where he hides our stuff, he's relatively quiet now, but I'm happy to know that, should I need him, he's still here.

I realize this isn't as bad as some of your stories I've read, but I just wanted to share, because I'd like to know what these green electric patches are if anyone knows? Or if anyone else has had the sensation of walking up walls.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, YellowRose, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

YellowRose (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
The lights were on the stairs at christmas when I was a kid mystic_entity, my friend died a few years after that, so I don't know who was on my stairs, but I think the ones on my living room floor were definately my friend. Thank you for commenting 😊

Yellow Rose
Mystic_entityxx8 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-19)
Did you ever spend time with him at Christmas? The green patches you used to see on the stairs at Christmas Eve, perhaps he just wanted you to remind yourself of a lovely Christmas you had with him. 😊
I'm probably wrong, but it could be an explanation for the green patches! Hope I helped and may he Rest In Peace.
Michelle ❤
YellowRose (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
Thats what I thought Girty. He got hit by an ice cream truck 😢 he was only 11
Girty16 (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-18)
how did he die? 😕
The green lights was probably him trying to get your attention.
YellowRose (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-16)
The wall thing may have been a dream but it felt really real, as for my friend I hope he will find peace soon. Thank you for your comment anneke8 😊 Do you have any idea about the green lights?
YellowRose (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-16)
Yes that's what it used to feel like when I was a kid, it felt real to me anyway.
Well he was a young boy who was a little bugger, not going to lie, & he passed in really tragic circumstances. So no I take it he hasn't found peace yet
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-16)
Walking up walls? 😕
I can't think why your friend does not left for the afterlife yet. Can't he find peace for some or other reason?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: