You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man I Knew But Never Met

Real Ghost Stories

The Man I Knew But Never Met

 

I was around 4 years old when this spirit encounter happened. My Grandma was very sick and was sent to hospital, my dad took me and my mum to go and see her in the hospital. When we got there my dad told me to wait outside her hospital room before I was given the all clear to go and visit.

Like most children at that age I didn't know what was going on so I just said "hello Grandma" then proceeded to eat her chocolates that were given to her as a gift. The doctors came in to check on grandma, nothing really happened. It was then time to go so I said my goodbyes and I left the room with my mum and dad.

I turned around and saw a young man in his middle 20s early 30s in a smart army uniform. He was looking in my grandma's room, he then turned to look at me. I kept on looking until he went into her room. I asked my mum and dad who that man was. They looked at each other shocked, they couldn't see anyone.

The next morning my mum came into my bedroom and told me that my grandma died in the night. A couple of weeks later I went up to my room at home, as I went in I saw the man I saw in the hospital on my bed. I ran down stairs and shouted to my mum that the man was here. They went upstairs and there was nobody there. That was my last experience of seeing this man so I forgot about it all until now.

Many years later my mum was cleaning some draws in the house when she found some very old pictures of my grandma that passed away. She let me have a look at them so I did. I then came across a picture of the man I saw in the hospital and on my bed. I asked my mum who the man in the picture was, my mum then sat me down and told me that it was my grandad who died before I was born. So was that my grandad who was waiting for my grandma? And was he coming to visit me because he never got to see me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LadySLH, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LadySLH (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-12)
Aww thank you everyone who as commented on my story. It really means a lot ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-11)
Hi LadySLH,

What a lovely experience. Thank you for sharing.

Haven
Aporetic (5 stories) (125 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-09)
Greetings, LadySLH

Thank you for sharing this precious memory - I'm happy that you got to 'meet' your Grandpa and I'm sure it is now reassuring to know your Grandma is not alone, and you're being watched over by your loved ones. Don't be surprised when they intervene and change the course of your life.

Regards
Apo
Amor (5 stories) (64 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-09)
Hi LadySLH.

Stories like this make me cry. It is the comforting thought (or truth) that our loved ones are still there, waiting for us. Or watching over us, as what your grandad did. I have lost several loved ones and I can't face the fact that they are gone. But knowing I will see them again someday is very reassuring. Thank you. I admire your memory. Maybe it's the chocolates 😊

Thank you for sharing. Take care.

Cheers,

Amor
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-09)
Hello LadySHL, welcome to YGS.

Your experience is very interesting and, yes, I believe your grandfather was at your grandma's side keeping her company until the time of her departure.

It was great that you had the opportunity to meet your grandfather and to know who he was.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: