You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Niece Is Seeing Ghosts, I Think My Family Is Cursed

Real Ghost Stories

My Niece Is Seeing Ghosts, I Think My Family Is Cursed

 

Last night my older sister and niece (her child) were watching the television. My sister took my niece to use the restroom before she fell asleep to help and prevent her from wetting the bed, because she is only 4 years old. When they went back into the bedroom, my niece started to scream and cry that she sees a scary thing (I think she said she saw god or a boy).

All of a sudden out of no where she starts to get a fever of 103. 3 and her little body starts to shiver. She was so afraid you could see it in her eyes. I take her into my room and she starts to almost cry saying its right there its beside me. At this point I was afraid but tried my best to hide to it, my sister on the other had was really afraid. My niece then says that blood is in the house and they want us to die.

My sister, cousin and I rub her down with some Florida Water, olive oil, lime, give her some children's Tylenol and read the bible. This goes on for like another hour and a half until she falls a sleep. I must say though that this is not her first experience with seeing ghosts or whatever, but by far the wildest and scariest.

My family and I went to Jamaica for my grandmothers death and burial. (My niece has never seen my grandmother which is her great grandmother) During a family get together my niece walks towards my grandmothers room and starts talking, saying "no, why?" (She was 3 years old then). I see this and ask her who she is speaking to and she says "the person on the bed", so I asked her if its a boy or girl and she says "girl". You see my grandmother had only one leg, the other the doctors had to cut off because of diabetes. My grandmother would often sit in her room and just look out the window or watch TV. I do believe that my grandmother was calling my niece to see her, because they have never met face to face.

As you can tell I do believe in ghosts. My family has even met with spiritual workers who told my mother that there are people who are trying hurt us. I get so depressed some times because nothing seems to ever work out for any of us.

Can anyone please shed some light on the situation, with my niece and our family matter. I'm just so lost and need some help.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kimlee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-28)
kimlee,

No a certain day is not needed, however Clear Sunny Days may provide for a better Cleansing. Trix has covered how to Cleans yourself. Do not forget you can go outside, kick off your shoes and visualize any negative energy surrounding your body dispersing into the Ground.

Keep us posted, I wish you and yours the best.

Respectfully,

Rook
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-28)
Hi kimlee, shame I feel so sorry for you. This is not a nice situation to be in. I know this is easier said than done but be strong and take control of your house and your life try not to be afraid. Negative energy feed on fear. You can start the cleansing anytime. The cleansing is for your home and yourself and your family just do exactly what Rook said and you will feel the difference when finished after three days.
Ps. 91 and 71 is for protection, and just the fact that you read it tells me that you are desperate. Rosemary soap like Rook suggest is also a good idea to cleanse your body from negative energy, sometimes I just pour some rosemary leaves in my bath and while bathing say my prayers. After the cleansing you can also take olive oil-or any other oil- and bless the oil then you can use that oil to bless your house your cars animals and everyone that stays in the house. I did it and it works.
Kimlee, keep in touch and take care girl. I will have you in my prayers as well. Be strong you can do this. Trix.
kimlee (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
I forgot to post that I did read psalm 91 and 71 out loud, and later my sister read psalms 91 an 23. I don't know if that had anything to do with the current outcome, but my niece hasn't claimed to be seeing any ghost recently.
kimlee (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Thank you all and Rookdygin, for the post. I'm really thankful for it, I'm going to try the cleansing next week when the house is empathy. Is there a certain day that this needs to be done? Also does this cleansing also work on the person them self or just your house? I'm asking because I'm going though a hard time in my life, I'm 25 unemployed and am having a hard time finding work (in case you where wondering yes I did go to school and have my B.S., I'm not sure if I want to get my masters degree).

I find my self very lonely and depressed at times, I can't tell the last time that I was really happy. I just want my life and family to be okay. I feel as if I'm going in this circle to no where. Any ideas or thoughts I'm very much open to (and yes I'm looking for work, some times I'm up until 3am sending out my resume, I not setting around and waiting for change I'm actually trying to change).
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Hi kimlee, I'm so glad Rook posted his cleansing method to your page. It makes it so much easier. I did this about a year ago, but a short emergency method. I must say it worked very well indeed. I repeated it a view times during this year with great results. I never realized that I slipped up by not cleaning the inside of the roof. My husband went up into the roof to fix a pipe and we had a very bad experience after he opened it. Well that is another experience I will later share with you. To rule out human errors like this I suggest that you do the whole three day cleansing just like Rook laid it out and make sure you cleanse every little corner and up in the ceiling.
Feel free to ask questions. Like Darkness said, rook is always around and willing to share his wisdom. I'm not always around though-sorry for that I'm very busy lately, but just know it that there are wonderful people here that will go out of their way to help you. I don't know the new ones though yet but the older posters are one hell of a great team. I'm sure some of the new ones also, but like I said I don't know them yet.
Take care,
Trix.
โค
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Hahaha thanks Granny we will just stick with oranges ๐Ÿ˜† so its a nice cologne aswell I hear? Seems as though it has lots of usefull benefits.

Wikipedia mentioned that it has to do with the fountain of youth aswell which was fabled to be in Florida! Interesting, thank you, you learn something new everyday! ๐Ÿ˜

(Hello 1700 posts! Lmao) ๐Ÿ˜
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
As Trix and Darkness suggested...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
DARKNESS: I think BadJuuJuu explained it a long, long time ago... I understand it's citrus based, and there a lot of citruses (?), citrusi (?), oranges in Florida ๐Ÿ˜†...But don't confuse it with Gatorade! ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
kimlee: You can read about Trix's experiences by clicking on her name below and then clicking on her stories. Also to find about the cleansing, Rookdygin will never be to far from the site to instruct you on this, just ask him. ๐Ÿ˜ All the best!

Dan
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
Ooooo is that so Granny, think I heard it once or twice before, curious to know how it got it's name! ๐Ÿ˜• Google here I come! Thank you my friend! ๐Ÿ˜Š
kimlee (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
Thank you everyone for your comments. I do believe that my niece was seeing something, rather it was a ghost or in her hard. She does not act like that normally nor did I think she was doing it for attention, if any thing she gets the most attention in the house of all the others.

She hasn't claimed to see any thing recently, so that's a good sign.

[at] TRIX can you tell me about your experience or where to find it?
Michore (30 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
Hi

Not sure if you are a christian, but just say "it is said that what is opened in heaven is opened on earth and what is closed in heaven is closed on earth and in the name of Jesus Christ I command that the doors that alows us to see the spiritual world physically to be closed!" It should then be closed.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
DARKNESS: Florida water is a kind of "eau de toilette" that many Pagans/Wiccans use instead of Holy water... ๐Ÿ˜Š
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-25)
Can someone please inform me what "Florida Water" is? I'm assuming some type of healing water? Thank you.

Dan
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-24)
Hi I just want to share when my 9 year old was about a year old she spiked a high fever I called 911 but while waiting for them I put her in the shower. The paramedics said I did the right thing it took the fever down quite a bit but, they said to always use tipid water not hot not cold, too cold can put the person in shock. Also when there is a fever start stripping clothes off do not bundle that can make a fever spike more. As for the ghost thing I don't believe she is doing it for attention she was really showing fear little ones are more able to see spirits than adults so I wouldn't rule that out. Show her some old family pictures next time with Great grandma s pictures among them see if she picks her picture out see if that works always let her know she can share with you what she is feeling or seeing that it is alright to come and talk to you. Try looking into others who have children or there are children in there family's with similar things happening learn how they deal with it. Thanks for sharing!
snowhite (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
Zzsgranny:

Can you please delete my comments? Thank you so much.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
Hi kimlee,
I agree with the other posters. There is just one thing that caught my attention with your experience. You said:"My family has even met with spiritual workers who told my mother that there are people who are trying to hurt us. I get so depressed sometimes because nothing seems to ever work out for any of us. Well these spiritual people you are talking about seem like the kind who gives out the negative messages but fail to change it around to positive.
If you feel that there is something wrong in your life then you have to try and change it. I was also once on a road to nowhere, but I changed it. This site has some very wonderful wise people with experience they share for free to help others. Go and read 'my experience with negative energy in my house, and you will find a way of cleansing your house the way two people on this site taught me to. Their names are; Whitebufallo and Rookdygin. Their advice worked for me 100%, although I need to repeat the cleansing from time to time.
Take care, Trix.
RainLilly (36 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
I agree with adsouza. Children learn early on what the hot button for attention is. In a family of believers, "I see a ghost" is guaranteed to put her in the spotlight. Acknowledge her claims, but don't get worked up over them. Acknowledging her claim sends the message that you are willing to listen to anything she wants to discuss, but by not making a big deal out of it you will send the message that the paranormal is not an appropriate "attention getter." After you stop making a production of her claims, she may come up with some pretty over the top sightings for a little while. This is normal. After all, "I see a ghost" has earned attention before, so when you stop giving that attention don't be surprised by claims of "I see a headless, bloody ghost waving a chain saw." She will go the extra mile to get the attention. If her claims go from what they are now, to extreme, that's a good indication that the whole thing is for attention, rather than a real sighting.
adsouza (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
Kimlee - Good move to get her checked out. I have my young cousins who claim to see stuff, and each time whenever they say it to me, I just buy them a treat. The point is - children are much smarter than us adults. They know the attention that they can command with a particular action and they go for it all the time. Do not completely rule out the paranormal stuff, but first make sure you have checked EVERY other aspect.

Just last night the watchman at my apartment threw a fit and rang the alarm causing a commotion. Upon asking him why, he replied saying he saw a long haired ghost entering the elevator. I asked him what time this was and turned out that he saw me with my long hair all messed up from a motorcycle ride back home. I brought this up as Rook said adults also see things... And this chap is as fit as a fiddle.
kimlee (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
The fever did go down in an hour or so. I know that if she gets a fever that high again we need to take her to the ER. My problem now is that she's claiming to see them all the time in the house but no where else, not at school and so forth. I'm starting to think that she might be a little crazy, but she is so young, her brain is still developing and there is no history of mental or physical sickness on either side of the family. My sister is going to make her stay with her father for a while, I told her if she's at her dads and is still saying she sees things to get her checked out.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
I'm an old Fart... I have 3 children and if any one of them would have spiked a 'sudden fever' of 103. 3 it would have be straight to the ER... Oh wait... It happened with my Daughter except the Fever was 102. 7 when I 'piled her' into the car and headed for the ER.

Additionally with a Fever that high it wasn't 'fear' that was causing her to shiver... It was the Fever. Medical care first... Get the child healthy before going of on 'Paranormal Tangents'.

Oh, for the record there is a huge difference between 'seeing g (G) od' (doesn't matter what size G you use) and seeing a 'boy'...Not to mention with a fever that high there are many adults who might 'see God'...

Just saying.

Respectfully,

Rook
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-22)
does anyone have anything against you or your family? If she gets sick again it is important to get proper medical care. The paranormal can be dealt with after treatment is given. Reading psalm 91 and 71 out of the king james bible usually weakens or breaks paranormal attachments.
nyuboom (1 stories) (28 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
Yeah she had halluncinations from the fever. I agree with RainLilly
Theawsomerobo (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
I agree with RainLilly, you should have taken her to the hospital.
RainLilly (36 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
A fever of 103. 3 is serious. It's also high enough to induce hallucinations. A fever that high would have me rushing the little one to the hospital, rather than giving her tylenol and trying to chase off a "ghost" that could easily be a hallucination. Please tell me your niece saw a doctor for that fever. A person's health, especially a child's, should never be ignored in favor of a paranormal explanation.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: