You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spirit That Doesn't Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit That Doesn't Sleep

 

My name is Eva and I'm from Houston, TX. My experience began when I was 13 or 14-years-old, maybe even younger. But my scary one began one winter night in my room I shared with my 2 sisters, one slept alone and the other slept with me. The room was so dark but I had my gas heater on so we had some sort of light inside.

That night we were sound asleep when all of a sudden I was awakened by a soft yet deep voice coming from the corner next to the bedroom door. I heard my named being called, "Eva! Eva!" They, or it, uttered. I didn't think twice to wake up my sisters and tell them the devil is calling me. I didn't think it was a dream. How could it be if I was awoken by it? My sister Rose decided to go the the kitchen and tell my father, but he just said I was crazy. I remember that night. It must of been around 2:00 am because my father was a musician and usually worked the nights at those small cantinas or sometimes people will hire him to sing at birthday parties or anniversaries and other special occasions.

After that night I never slept the same. Sometimes while I was sleeping I would feel my mattress being pushed up and blankets being pulled. I had many sleepless nights I was miserable. I felt so alone since no one really believed what I was experiencing.

There were times when I was bathing I felt like I was being watched. I tried telling my mother and her response was that I needed to get closer to Jehovah. My family are very religious and strong in their Jehovah Witness beliefs, so it was hard to speak of this issue with them. I just had to deal with it alone and believe me, it wasn't easy. I was so unhappy with my life because I felt so violated with this thing haunting me.

Somehow I blamed my father for these experiences, due to his bad experience with these evil spirits that will scare him as well. Many times my father told his stories to us, that the devil would call his name and will appear to him in the form of beautiful women and they would just stare at him and begin laughing hysterically. One time in his village in Mexico, one night he was awoken by a bright light under his bed and as he looked under to check, the chair next to his bed raised up.

After a year or so things stopped which was great because now I could sleep at ease and feel normal like everyone, but not for long.

One night as I was sleeping, I felt someone caress my legs over my blanket and a whisper in my ear. I was frozen. I didn't know how to respond or react. My eyes were full of tears and I prayed hard in my mind and tried my best not to show fear. As I lay there, I just covered my whole face and made a fake cough as though I didn't hear or feel anything and it went away, whatever it was.

There was a time at night my family and I had came back home from the Kingdom Hall (that is what the Jehovah Witness call their church). It was a nice night, we came back around 9:30 pm. We had bought some sweet Mexican bread and we were all at the living room waiting for my mom to make some hot Mexican chocolate milk, which is very delicious by the way. That night I felt so happy being with my family and just being together and enjoying each others company and telling jokes felt like a perfect family night to me.

As the night grew on us, we all got ready for bed and I washed up and headed to bed. I felt this eery feeling that something was there watching me at the dining room. I had small hall that lead to all rooms and restrooms. I just tried to ignore it and rush to my room.

That night as I slept, I felt this black shadow hovering over me caressing me and kissing me and I tried biting and it felt as though I was biting a cotton ball. I tried to scream and move to awaken my sister but no luck. I tried my best to utter Jehovah God but it will cover my mouth. This was one bad night for me. I told my sisters the next morning and they were shocked to hear my experience.

But here is the thing. Was this a dream or real? Because as this was happening to me when I had the chance to scream I gasped for air and woke up sitting but my heart was beating so fast everything was and felt normal. So what to think is the question.

My nights have not been the same ever since and its been 18 years. I still have my bad nights with this spirit hovering over me forcing itself on me. I'm married with 3 children. I had a couple of times where my house door was locked and unlocked, I hear footsteps off and on, I hear movement when I am downstairs. My oldest daughter, when she was 2-years-old, one night she was sleeping and woke up staring at the ceiling and I asked her what she was looking at and she just pointed at it and got up and followed it to the living room.

So I'm left wondering, is this spirit following me the same one that scared me and my father? I forgot to mention this spirit appeared to my oldest sisters. I have 4 sisters. One, while she was sleeping, same thing as me, this shadow hovering over her, and my other sister as well, but it still happens to her off and on as well, just like me.

My brothers had their own little experience, but I don't recall all of them just one. When one of my brothers was getting ready, my other brother Jaime was waiting laying on his bed watching TV and he closed his eye for few minutes, when all of a sudden he felt his leg being grabbed and shaken. He immediately raised his hand as though he was moving or hitting whatever it was that touched him.

I try not to sleep alone since my husband works at night. I hate the way my daughters sleep so I send them back to their room. If anyone cares to give their opinion, they are more than welcome and thank you in advance for taking the time to read my story.

I have more bad experiences but due to having 2 babies on hand, they don't allow me to. Have a great night my friends. Greetings from Texas.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ilovemexicanfood, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ilovemexicanfood (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
hello dan thank you for reading and commenting on my experience, yes I was taught al these negative or siritual things are demonic, but now I think otherwise, not with my experience, I believe there are good spirits as well. I hope we can keep in touch, I have my email onmy profile if you like to add me. Thank you again. God bless. ❤ ❤ ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
ilovemexicanfood: I am 27 years old and for the first 11-12 years of my life I was brought up as a Jehovahs Witness so I know what you mean when you say how afraid you where, especially if you were told everything you witnessed was to do with demons.

Over the last 10 or so years I have had my own experiences and have read thousands more and there is definitely more to the spiritual world then just demons, not everything is negative. If you believe this faith is keeping you away from harm, definitely continue on the JW path, I am just letting you know there is more on the spiritual path then the "D" word. I wish you all the best.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
ilovemexicanfood (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-28)
Hello deejy and ibelieceheshere, believe me its not easy, it has not happened in months which is good, but I still pray to keep these or this spirit I don't know if its demon but it scares me many times I sleep late so my night won't be so long and I have less chance of experiencing anything bad. Mymom had her bad encounter as well, she is very strong in her faith. And so am i.i wish I could record myself sleep but iam scared of what I might record. I hate it. ❤ ❤ ❤ thank you sweeties for reading my post.
deejy (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-28)
Hi, I'm a 16 year old jehovahs witness in England, I have had experiences like this, as has my brother, felt something over him breathing in his ear. Just keep praying to jehovah and stay faithful and pray constantly, it's the demons trying to get to you. I hope it goes away, I don't understand how you can live with that, it must be awful. Prayer helped me and my brother already, it doesn't happen anymore... I'll be praying for you.
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-28)
Sorry to hear that is not good that it bother you and your family the best thing is to pray loud as you can and protect your children too I hope it's stop and Hope ya'll can sleep like I say only pray loud.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: