You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghosts Keep Telling Me To Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts Keep Telling Me To Sleep

 

I just remembered something that happened back in 2015. It has been a good couple of years now, but I still remember it clearly to this day.

Anyway, it was the eve of my birthday at the time. The rest of my family were on their respective businesses, and they would not be coming home until that weekend (it was a weekday). My best friend came over and brought me some sweets and a new video game to try out which I played until late in the evening, long after she'd left and let me borrow the game until it was my turn to come over.

I was in the dark upstairs living room alone, playing my game, when I suddenly heard coughing from downstairs. It kind of broke the focus I was in while playing and it made me realize just how late it had gotten. The coughing continued, and soon I realized it sounded a lot like my grandpa. His room was on that same floor, after all. I was neither scared nor sad. In fact, I chuckled and whispered "yeah, I'm going to bed soon" and the coughing stopped. I could have easily ruled it as one of our neighbors, but that would have to be one loud neighbor for me to hear inside my house since the next houses were one lot away from ours. Plus, we don't have a neighbor who coughs like a frail old man. I've never heard it ever since.

My grandfather died of lung cancer just a few months prior.

That wasn't my only experience with something weird in the house telling me off when I stay up late. During that time after grandpa passed and I still wasn't employed, I tended to stay up late in my room fooling around on my computer--chatting with friends, watching animated series, etc. At around 2 in the morning, there will always be something tapping on my glass window. At those times, my windows would be open, and I'd be free to stick my head out a little to see who's knocking--and no one is there. My room is on the second floor of the house and I'd know if it was a bird since I would easily see it--my lights are always on and the glass is very clear. It came to a point where it would freak me out and I'd yell "okay shut up I'm going to bed" - more annoyed than scared, and I might have cussed at whatever it was too since I remember reading somewhere that cussing at entities could make them stop doing what they were doing. I've never heard the knocking since and at the back of my mind, I was hoping it wasn't my grandpa's spirit that I had just cussed at.

A few months ago, there was that same tapping again, but it was softer. I simply told whatever it was to leave me alone and I'll sleep when I'm done working--I was working from home during the pandemic. And as usual, it stopped, and it never bothered me since.

Maybe I shouldn't sleep that late after all, haha.

Thanks for reading! Hope everyone's well.

Other hauntings by BaiAnina

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BaiAnina, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DarkDaisy_13 (4 stories) (27 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2021-11-27)
Hi there BaiAnina,

Gotta admit I'd be more annoyed then scared! I mean maybe it was your grandpa wanting you to go to sleep🤔. But hopefully that sprit wasn't your grandpa you cussed at. Also sorry for your loss of him.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2021-11-26)
Hi BaiAnina

I believe that our loved ones never really leave, they always watch over us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: