You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Can "Resend or Else" Messages Be Real?

Real Ghost Stories

Can "Resend or Else" Messages Be Real?

 

First off, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Christian and I am 15-years-old. Being a young teenager I know little, to nothing, about the paranormal other than what I research online. Also, I understand if my story seems... Uncredible but I would like you to hear me out. I am truly freaked out by this and would like your opinion.

Before I start my story, I would also like to say I have never had a paranormal experience prior to this. I do take precautions to keep my home demon and/or ghost free though. When we moved in 2 years back, I salted every window seal and door.

Okay, so, my story starts on April 5th. It is some time after 3:00 in the afternoon. I receive this chain letter text. Now normally I don't even bother reading these ridiculous things because they are a waste of my time but today was different. It read, "This is Jenna. Jenna was blind and kids at her school liked to play pranks on her. One late afternoon a boy was planning to take her to the railroad tracks and nudge her a little as the train came by to scare her. Well as the train approached he pushed her. She tripped and fell onto the tracks and the train ran her over, cutting off half of her body. If you don't resend this you will be awaken by the sound of her dragging her body towards your bed to kill you. She will have her revenge."

I'm not sure why but this got to me. I believe it's because I live close to train tracks and they tend to freak me out a little, but it did. Now for the first couple of hours I paid it no nevermind, but as nightfall hit and it was time for bed, the image creeped into my head again. Though I was freaked out a bit, I still went to sleep.

For a while, I was fine, but all of a sudden I awoke. This is actually a normal occurrence for me because I have to be awake to turn over, so, I did. I turned on my back, which is a little weird for me, and laid my head with my left ear pressed against the pillow. With my left ear against my pillow and a cotton ball in my right ear (I had an ear infection.) I could hear nothing other than my breath. Or so I thought.

Now this is where it gets kind of weird/stupid sounding. My body starts to go numb. I try to move my arm to turn on my lamp but it simply won't move. Then, I hear it. It sounds as if it is right in my left ear but I know this is impossible due to it being against my pillow. This sound... It was like something being dragged across gravel. It would start and stop, and every time my body would shiver. After a couple of seconds I was able to break free and turn my lamp on. I looked at my phone and it was 3:14 in the morning. Having a Wiccan stepmother, I know this is witching hour. Maybe this thing, whatever it may be, decided to take advantage of my fear.

I know this sounds like a dream but I can assure you, it was not. I was fully awake. But maybe it was just my imagination. Like I said, I am a simple teenager. That is why I'm here. I would like your opinion on what it might be. But please, no "hate mail."

Any questions, please feel free to ask. And I'm sorry if my grammar is a little off. I've never been good with punctuation and I have no way of checking if it is correct or not.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dark_wolf96, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Xito (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
Well..., I think You've had a lucid dream...:) Lucid dreams are dreams where in YOU dicide whatever you can do or not... But what I am going to tell you is a bit different. I've experienced such things myself... I saw weird things, I heard weird things and a funny fact is that most of the time, I saw and heard those things when I was in my bedroom... When I was trying to get some sleep... One time I saw someone standing in my bedroom and I was totaly freeked out... And 'till one year after the facts I was so sure that I was awake... But after that, I saw more things and I heard things like someone shouting BOO in my ear while I was sleeping... But I have lots of nightmares and not the most funny ones... And after a while it occured to me that when I was trying to wake up, I did wake up but for some reason my dream still continued... Apperantly this is also a kind of having lucid dreams, but somewhere something went wrong and you can't wake up fully... SO perhaps this is what happened to you? Maybe you were sleeping...
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-17)
Jenna was a real person eh? And here I thought shes just a rip off from Pretty Little Liars 😆 anyway thanks for sharing your story.

P.S You should have ask PLotus for medicine cause you never knew that you had a fever. (sarcasm) 😆
dark_wolf96 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-17)
[at] Princess I place the salt on the windows as a precaution. Due me being prone to nightmares, I don't want there to be any chance of seeing a ghost or demon. I wouldn't sleep for 2 days after this happened because I thought I kept hearing things lol. And I still don't DARE sleep without the t.v. On!
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-17)
okay, well. I wouldn't think to much of it... But it really bothered you can ask your mother about it. She may know more on how to get rid of ghost like that. Creepy though ❤
Do tell if it happens again
GIRLIE ❤
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
What it sounds like to me, sweety. Is that since you were suffering from an ear infection you most likely had a fever & all you experienced that day & your tired lil' mind made a compilation of strange sounds & feelings. Its happened to me a couple times while I was under the weather. I hope you feel better & keep in mind that our minds & bodies are SO extraordinary & have a tendency to make us feel strange from time to time... ^__^
Oh & if you have never experienced anything paranormal, why, pray tell do you place salt of all things on your widow sills? I don't think I really need to mention or ask about the fact (if in fact it IS a fact) that your step mother is Wiccan... Do I?

~LSD~
dark_wolf96 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
[at] Yoshi Well I probably should have mentioned in my story (I didn't think about it at the time) that I don't live with my step mother. I live with my real mother and step father.

[at] Moonfall I completely agree! Stuff like that, real or not, is just horrible! And if that is real... As far as being a real story about a girl I mean... Then... What kind of freaky SOB would send something like that around?!
Aeropostale (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Well, Sweetheart, this chain letter is pretty freaky. I mean, well, I'm probably about a year younger than you or something but still. Anyways, I have never had a chain letter that freaky. I mean, I've gotten the one where the guy is standing next to the 'ghost' and the next day he got a heart attack and died, but never that one. I would scream my head off if I got that one! Do you think you were just paranoid about that one? And maybe that's why you were freaking out and thought you were hearing dragging sounds? If you need anything, just message me or something.

Xx,
Jen ❤
YoshiBomb (7 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
my thoughts are that the fact that your mother is wiccan attracts spirits in and around your home. You experienced a night of vulnerability because of your fear, and so a bad spirit decided to take advantage of you in a way that would make you scared (using the fear of the dead girl story).

I know close to nothing about wicca other than what I looked up after reading your story.

Remember that god is all powerful, you leave matters in his hand and ask for spiritual strength and you won't be bothered.
MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Hi, DW96:

Sorry, but I hope you don't mind I shortened your name. I'm actually horrified at this story. No, not because of anything you've done or said, but first... If that story about Jenna was real, it was a HORRIBLE thing to do. I have little-to no sight and I can't imagine the fear that girl must have gone through. Kids can be cruel. I was made fun of quite a bit back in my high school days, but...I've graduated college with my master's and am working in a job I love so looking back... I have to laugh at the ignorant. Anyway, on with my comment.

Second, I think sending a text around like that is disturbing. It would have freaked me out, too. So let's say the story is real, what a horrific way to respect the girl and her grieving family. I know it was not your fault, but that's just insane.

Third, if there was any energy or realness to what you heard, it probably sensed you were freaked out. Usually when we give energy or power to something that frightens us, it strengthens off of our fears. However, it's easier said than done when someone says, "don't give into the power." But it's good advice. Do what you can to protect yourself. Pray. Pour salt around your windos/door entrances. Plants have a way of ridding the air of negative energy as well. Open windows and doors to allow fresh air and positive energy to come in. Let as much light into your room (natural light) as possible.

I don't know much about the wiccan witching hour, but I have a friend that might. Your stepmom is wise not to teach you about it as of now.

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm sure that most will agree that any information on the paranormal we receive is valuable an no one's story is less of an experience than another's. Take care and keep us posted on the occurrence. 😊
dark_wolf96 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
[at] rook Also, she hasn't really taught me anything about it (she won't teach me anything about Wicca for fear of my real mothers disapproval). I just heard her say around 3 in the morning is when the "witches" power is most powerful. She called it "witching hour". I've also heard that 3 in the afternoon is the complete opposite... Or when their power is at its weakest. Whether that is true or not, I am unsure.
dark_wolf96 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Thank You everyone. You all have been very helpful! 😁

Dark_wolf96 ❤ ❤
dark_wolf96 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
[at] Rook Lol No I don't suppose. What I was saying is I was able to look at my clock around that time. I'm not sure what time I truly awoke and started hearing it. It felt like mere seconds but could have been longer. Thank you, though, for commenting 😊.

Dark_wolf96
dark_wolf96 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
[at] Jav Yes I understand how it would feel "off" but I would not be fulfilling my "chain letter responsibilities"... I truly hate those things and would never actually resend one because that is just adding fuel to the flame. But I do see where you are coming from and respect your opinion 😁. Thank you for commenting

Dark_wolf96
dark_wolf96 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
[at] BigBaby Yeah she won't tell me anything because my real mother doesn't really care for the religion... Mainly because its hers so...
WeirdnFreaky (7 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
That was pretty freaky but it may have just been your head playing up because you might have been tired and seeing or hearing things
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
[at] terminaterdon:
Thanks for that explanation, even though it was quite scientific.
I understand what you mean and you are right; even the slightest muscle-movement of your ear can produce subjectively "loud" sounds if there is cotton inside!
This makes perfect sense and i'd count this as the reason for the "gravel-like" sounds.

[at] rook:
Yup, witch-hour is at 3:14 now. This is because its 2012 (doomsday-year) already, you should know that btw! Hehe joking:P

[at] darkwolf96 and the others:
Without sending "hate-mail" I think we can close this file by saying "don't read scary bed-time stories any more!" (joking again, but in a friendly way of course 😊)

[at] darkwolf96:
Thanks a lot for sharing your story!
Please don't hesitate to share more of your experience if you had any.
And as some others already said, it would be interesting what your stepmother can say about this!

All the best!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
3:14AM Is now the Witching Hour? Is that due to daylight (witch light) savings?

May I ask just what your Wiccan Step Mother said / taught you about this 'so called' witching hour?

I agree with many of the people who have commented... It was S/P or possible numbness due to poor circulation coupled with hearing things due to the cotton in your ear due to the ear infection and you 'Scared Yourself' because you dwelt on the subject matter in that 'Chain-Letter'.

Thanks for Sharing, but I have to say 'Non-Paranormal' as there are to many possible 'Natural Causes' for this experience.

Respectfully,

Rook
Wicked_Child (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
I'm going to agree with others and say it was sleep paralysis. I had a similar thing happen to me.:) I'm sorry about that ear infection, those are probably more worse than being sick. Er, to me they are.
terminaterdon (6 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
Look, being a student of medical science, I can give you some suggestions, there is a openning in the temporal bone (the bone which forms the internal ear) known as external auditory mieatus, it mostly has rough surface, due to the attachment of the cartilage forming the external ear, when you put cotton in there, due to friction of the cartilage with the bone, and cotton with the hair of the tube of the ear & resonating effect of mastoidal air sinus (which lies just below and behind the ear) it sounds like something dragged through gravel. The rest was nothing but your imgagination. Try mocking the sender of these texts as stupid cowards:-) it wil keep the tention off your mind in future... And help you not to imagine such stuff,:-) enjoy peace...!
UnknownIdentity (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
I think you heard natural, normal sounds, and you subconsciously assumed it to be the sound of dragging, fear can cause your mind to play tricks on you
Demonkiller (32 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
I think you are just imagining it as the messages like that are chain mail and it is called spam. God bless
DarkMystery (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
I would say that your just imagining things through fright. Those messages can be pretty horrible but they're just people making rubbish up. It's probably just stress or unease causing you to imagine things. 😊
TJrock015 (1 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
Okay, so I noticed a few things:
-You had an ear infection. You could have been just hearing stuff.
-You said your body was numb and you couldn't move. It could be sleep paralysis or lucid dreaming. Sleep paralysis means that your body is paralyzed and you see and hear things. But the thing is, during sleep paralysis, your body is actually awake which is why it felt so real.
-I have received multiple chain letters and nothing ever happened to me. Through texts, facebook, emails, etc.
I have experienced sleep paralysis before and it was very similar to your case here. But the bright side is, you can actually control lucid dreaming. It will take some practice though.
Symptoms of lucid dreaming are apparitions of ghostly entities, unable to move (not unless you learned how to manage lucid dreaming) and seeing, hearing things.
Hope this helps! 😁
GAC_Fan_2012 (1 stories) (15 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
This theory is a little out there but hey, what isn't when it comes to the paranormal? There is a theory that says if a story is passed around long enough and enough people believe that story, all the energy generated from the believers' emotions can make the story a reality.
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
the whole unable to move thing could be a psychic attack and something could have known about the chain letter and projected that image to your mind. I recommend saying psalm 91 and 71 3 times before you go to bed. Also bowls of white vinegar mixed with sea salt left in rooms to evaporate tend to help stop manifestation. Refill as needed. Pm me if this keeps happening
TechnoDawg (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
Yup...It was more than likely sleep paralysis... I don't really know what wiccans do during "The Witching Hour" but maybe if she was doing something outside with whatever wiccans do maybe she had to drag something? Sorry, but I know NOTHING about wiccans so sorry if I completely missed the mark here...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
So, Christian... Is this story just you fulfilling your chain letter responsibilities?
Like BigBaby said "You're a "simple teenager" who knows nothing about the paranormal, but you have a Wiccan step-mother?"
I don't know man. This one feels a little 'off'.

Jav
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
I have to agree here with the other comments, sounds like a classic case of sleep paralysis. This could be due to the fact that you were not feeling well at the time with an ear infection, coupled with your subconcious thinking about the chain text message. I can understand that at the time (and even afterwards) it could seem like an incredibly real experience and being a sufferer of sleep paralysis I can sypathise with you! 😊
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
Dear dark wolf 96,
First of all, I think you "write", rather well. Your story, was iformative, without a lot of frivolus infromaiton.
However, I do aggree wtih all the previous posters, about how you may have suffered a bout of sleep paralysis. Also, with your step-mom being a "wican", I would feel you have a "good" in house source of paranormal information. Next time, you may want to try asking her first. She may like you seeking her advise.
I look forward to reading other occurrances from you. Thanks for sharing!
😊 ❤
darkrose13 (1 stories) (11 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
Sounds to me like a case of sleep paralysis brought on by the anxiety from the text. Sleep paralysis is a condition brought on by stress and it is like living your nightmares in real life. Since the train tracks made a personal connection with you, this is likely what caused the stress and the sleep paralysis. Nothing to worry yourself about.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: