You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: She Came Back To Reunite Our Family?

Real Ghost Stories

She Came Back To Reunite Our Family?

 

I've been reading this site for a while but have been hesitant to post my own experiences as writing has never been one of my talents. Please bear with me if things aren't well written.

Late one night when I was in my early teens, my Mum hurried into my room, half asleep, crying and begging me to call an ambulance for her father. This was very strange considering he hadn't been speaking to us for years and at that time he lived a four hour journey away. I sat her down, made her a cup of tea and asked her what was going on. Eventually she fully woke up and calmed down enough to explain that she'd had a very unusual dream.

In this dream her mother (who died when my Mum was 16) was walking beside her along a motorway at night. Her mother led her to where a lorry was stopped at the side of the motorway. The driver of the lorry was slumped against one of the front wheels, obviously in pain, holding his chest and moaning. As she walked closer, her mother went over to the driver and knelt by him, giving my Mum a pleading look. At first my Mum didn't recognise the driver in the darkness, but as she looked closer, his face became more and more like her father's. It was at this point that she had woken up and came running into my room.

I dismissed this and said it was just a dream and there was no reason to freak out. My Mum couldn't stop worrying though, so I suggested calling her sister to see if everything was okay with my granddad. She tried calling several times but got no answer. For a moment we were worried, until we sheepishly realised that it was 3am and everybody would have been asleep.

However a few hours later my aunt called in a panic - my granddad had been found at the side of the road on one of his delivery routes and had been rushed to hospital with a suspected heart attack. My Mum jumped in the car and drove all the way to the hospital as fast as she could in case the worst happened. He stabilised quickly, but was kept in hospital for a few days for monitoring. My Mum and Aunt visited him as often as they could. After 3 days he was given the all clear and released from hospital.

After this he began to talk to us again. He even got a job transfer and moved into a house just a short drive away, so he could spend some time with my Mum, my little brother and I.

To this day my Mum believes that her mother chose to come to her in that dream to reunite our family. If she had been trying to get a warning out about my granddad, my aunt would have been the best point of contact instead.

Other hauntings by Seren

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Seren, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taylor_swift13 (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-20)
it was sweet of her to come back, even if it was only in a dream. I believe she realy cared about everone in the family and didn't want anyone to be hurt... 😭. You managed to bring tears in my eyeas, Seren. Don't worry. You're an excellent writer!
lcturner3 (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
What a great story! So glad it had a happy ending! I believe that your grandmother was sending your mom a message.
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-02)
Very sweet story Seren, I think she did come back to just do that, seeing your family torn apart after you have passed on makes you feel helpless so you try these little things. I just went through something kind of the same but different circumstances.

Anyways, great to hear you are all getting along!

Blessed be ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
such a sweet story thanks for adding it seren.
It is nice to know that loved ones are never too far away from us when thay pass over.
Taz
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
Seren,
This is such a sweet and tragic experience, and I am so glad you shared it with us.
I agree, she did come back to reunite the family. What a wise woman she was too. ❤

Jav
Seren (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
Thanks to everyone for the welcomes and kind comments! I'm touched that you all liked it. 😳 ❤

It brings a lot of calm to my Mum to think that her mother is hanging around looking out for us all. I only wish she had lived long enough for my brother and I to have known her properly.😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
Seren

What a wonderful story, thank you for sharing it.
And welcome to YGS.
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
What a great story and very well written! (and you were worried) I love to hear about our loved ones being so close. My Dad has come through to me and my 15 year old daughter a few times since he passed 11 years ago. (You can read more details on my comment on the story 'don't hold your breath') I have recently found this sight myself and have been hooked since I found it and it's purely to read stories like yours. ❤
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
Seren, Firstly, welcome to YGS! You have come to the correct site to relate your paranormal experiences.
You will find many people here, have been warned or given messages by their deceased loved ones. Heed their messages, they are often very important.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
EpicSpiritz (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
Seren

Don't be afraid to post your experiences with the paranormal... We are here to help you if we can. I to, am glad that things worked out and you guys have a helpful ghost. I am dealing with a major ghost problem and he isn't nice. I would like to hear more of your experiences.

-EpicSpiritz 😊
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
That's a lovely story! I find that "they" always seem to know what's best for us, when we can't seem to figure it out for ourselves. Glad things worked out for you.:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: