You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Back To Where I Am

Real Ghost Stories

Back To Where I Am

 

I was back in São Paulo during this summer. Too much had happened and too busy to even relax in my own house.

How glad to be back where I had spent most of my life time. Good and bad memories and most of the time a little bitter sweet.

I woke up one morning in my own bed. Henrique was at the window side. He greeted me with a sneeze.

I walked out the living room and found that my sister was still up partying by herself with a pack of the rice cracker snack I brought back from Japan.

"tendo pensamentos profundos?" (are you thinking something deep) I ask that because she used to have healthier living. Snacking late night is something that I would do after a stressful day.

My sister shook her head. I walked pass her and went into the toilet and do what I shall do.

When I came out of the toilet the living room was dark. I did not see a trace of the snack my sister was eating or even my sister.

"Tão derepente" (what a sudden) I gasped and went back to my room. Henrique welcomed me with a tackle from the top. "seu garoto travesso" (naughty boy) I gasped.

The next morning I fried some potato skins with cheese and sprinkled them on the mixed salad. I asked my sister if she had a good sleep. She gave me a " what?" face and told me that she just came back from her night shift.

I was going to ask her why she was there snacking last night, but then I realized that the pack of rice cracker was not even opened.

And this is really it. Sorry that this story is not too scary but I found it really really strange.

Other hauntings by blosomes

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blosomes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-02-04)
robmkivseries70
Hi! Thanks for commenting and sorry for my ver late reply 😐
She works in a dinning place and needed to taste test sometimes... Perhaps she did not get a chance to do any taste test during that night? 😆

Tweed!
Sorry for my really late reply...
Yes, I am Roy! I do not know happened but I think I deleted my old account... Should I post a story about that? Just joking 😁
Thanks for commenting! And hello again
robmkivseries70 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+5
4 months ago (2023-12-18)
Ask your sister if she was thinking about the snacking whilst at work, that could explain the Doppelganger that you saw.
Best,
Rob
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+3
4 months ago (2023-12-16)
😲 I remember you, Roylynx or something like that! I only recognised who you were because of Henrique! It's nice to see you around here again!

Sorry I don't have anything to add to your experience here that hasn't already been covered by others. Just wanted to say hi more than anything. I like RC's time slip theory, good idea to be aware of your sister eating rice snacks.
blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+3
5 months ago (2023-12-08)
CoddyG 🤔
What reaction are you expecting?

Emm... Think back of this story it sure is odd 😳
blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+3
6 months ago (2023-11-02)
Hi Crimson Topaz!
Well most probably... Since I was having jetlags days before now that I think about it...

RCRuskin
Hmm... Interesting one.
My sister seems fine though and I hope nothing bad would ever happen to her...

Monkeyishh
Emm... You need to talk to the web master for that not me.

Rajine
Yes as most have already suggested.
Probably a doppelganger... A trickster... Or maybe just me having a waking dream...
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+3
6 months ago (2023-10-30)
I can imagine how much of a shock that must have been to you, I wrote about a similar thing, on this site, that happened to my brother and cousins years ago, from your narrative it must have been a doppelganger.
monkeyishh (1 posts)
+4
6 months ago (2023-10-30)
Hello! This is a really good story! I'm thinking of making a collection of short stories and I was wondering if I could use this for a chapter if I properly cite it?
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+3
6 months ago (2023-10-29)
A doppelganger is a spirit that imitates/is a double of a living person.

So a trickster spirit, as Biblio suggested, that imitated your sister.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+2
6 months ago (2023-10-29)
Blosomes,
How unusual. As RCRuskin says in his 3rd possibility, maybe you were heavy in sleep, got up but still not fully awake?
As Bibliothecarius mentioned, it doesn't explain the light unless you did actually switched it off before going to the bathroom.?
From my understanding Doppelganger are a double of a person but who isn't that person and therefore if a Doppelganger broke in and escaped while you were in the bathroom, there would be evidence of the break-in.
This is a tricky situation to figure out.
Hopefully you will get to the bottom of it.
Thanks for sharing.
blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+4
6 months ago (2023-10-28)
Oh, I just realize that I have not answer any of Bibliothecarius' question about whether there were any complaints, well its kind of a yes and kind of a no.

Its not about this event that I experience but its about my sister. I heard that she was having calls from one of our neighbor in our home flat that it is kind of noisy during the night... It could not be Henrique because... You know he is now an old cat and will not be all over active especially when there is no one playing with him. It can't be my sister since she works at night as I have written here... And that time she recieve the call was not even her off day 😕
blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+3
6 months ago (2023-10-28)
RCRuskin

Thanks for commenting twice and sorry for the late respond...
A trickster doppelganger? Do you mean a living spirit by that? But my sister was working during the night? Can you tell me more about it? I might be wrong...

Biliothecarius

True, the light was on but I remembered that my sister seemed bored... Like went someone is stare watching a long going show.
Yes, that was the reason I asked my sister if she was thinking of something deep... Rice crackers... I can't tell now if she was just holding on the bag or was actually munching on...

Well now that I think of it I might be having a waking dream... But I am not really sure 😕
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+5
6 months ago (2023-10-28)
A trickster doppelganger maybe? And I did somehow miss the lights being on, Biblio, but I will admit I've had some weird dreams, such as one where I woke up and went into work, only for my alarm to go off. So dreaming the lights were on is, imo, a possibility.

Hope to hear back from you, Roy.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+7
6 months ago (2023-10-27)
Greetings, Roy.

You do have interesting experiences.

My thoughts were similar to RCRuskin's, but I wondered if it could have been some sort of trickster spirit. It seems odd to me that it chose to appear to be eating your rice crackers, but that the real crackers were untouched. To the best of my knowledge, a doppelgänger interacts with the real world creating change in the environment; that is to say if it appeared to eat the crackers, they would have been opened and eaten.

That said, a trickster spirit seems like a bit of a stretch, too, unless other odd or unexplained events occurred during your summer at home. Did anyone else complain about unusual happenings or unexplained experiences?

That does leave RC's suggestion of the waking dream state as a valid explanation, but it doesn't account for the lights being on when you passed through the first time, but being off when you returned from the bathroom. Even in a dream state, I'd have trouble imagining that you dreamed the lights being on.

This is definitely a peculiar tale.

Best,
Biblio.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+5
6 months ago (2023-10-27)
It definitely meets the qualification of strange. I can think of three possible explanations.

1. Doppelganger
2. Some kind of time slip. (Keep an eye out for your sister eating your rice snacks.)
3. Some kind of waking dream where, even though you were awake, and moving about, your brain still produced a dream experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: