You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Others

Real Ghost Stories

The Others

 

It was nearly 7 p.m. when we reached my friend's grandmother's house in the province near our school. We were there to spend the night doing our thesis required to finish our course. There were seven in the group.

The house belonged to Melissa's grandmother. No one was in there aside from a caretaker who left after he handed us the key. We suited ourselves and prepared our dinner. After the meal, we started to do our projects. It was already 2 a.m. when we finished and decided to go to bed.

There were three rooms in the house. We were four girls and three boys, so we took the other room, while the boys took the room on the other side. The other one left was Melissa's grandmother's room.

Before going to bed, Andrea, one of our friends, asked Melissa about the house. She told us that her third eye was open, and she felt something in there. We were frightened of what she said and told her to stop bullying us. But Melissa said that the house was known in the town as being haunted, since no one really stayed there. Her grandmother was staying with her family, since she was too old to be alone in that house.

Suddenly we felt as if someone were watching us. We went to the room and decided to sleep. Around 5 a.m., Andrea woke me; she was chilled and could not control it. She asked us if we could leave already, but it was too early, and we wanted to sleep late. I told her to go back to sleep again.

She said she couldn't, and could I just come with her outside. She just need some air to breathe. I wanted to scream at her, but when I looked at her, she was white, as if she had no blood running in her veins.

I woke up the rest of the girls. Andrea was already freaking out and crying. We went outside, and Melissa gave her some water. She calmed down a little and started to tell us the story that scared us and gave us total chills to the bone.

When we went to bed, we went to sleep fast, since we were all tired, but Andrea could not sleep. She heard noises like footsteps outside the rooms and whispering. She ignored it and went to sleep. It was if there were "other" people in the house, but she still fell asleep.

She awakened at around quarter to four, and what she told us next scared us to death and made our blood run cold. She said that she closed her eyes and tried to get some sleep again, but she still couldn't.

When she opened her eyes, she saw a lady in front of her, looking down at her face! She smiled at her wickedly and said, "You can see us, can't you?" The "other" people then came near around her. That's when she woke me, chilled and crying.

We waited till the sunrise, packed our things and went back to the city. None of the boys knew what had happened. No one would surely believe, so why waste our energy telling them? After all, we were still drained when we reached our dorm.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

hauntedhighways (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-16)
woah! That's gotta be freaky as hell. "you can see us can't you?" all I can say is wow!
LilSistagurl (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-01)
Wow...may god bless you and andrea! It freaked me out when I read your story
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Poor Andrea,
What is sad is that she may now close her eye to the Unknown, and all thanks to a scary experience. I am a believer in the thought that once ghosts know that a person can sense them, others seem to come around also. Goodness knows why all of them where in this Grandmothers house. I DO hope that a house cleansing was done.
Thank you.
eivOj (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-07)
it's really very scary to have even been told "you can see us, can't you?". The story really made my hair stand on end. Good on you for keeping your friend company at that time.
muahh (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
omg! Maybe the ghosts heard her say that she's got a 3rd eye!

I guess they wanted so much to be seen and so they took advantage of the chance.

Poor Andrea...

great story! Very scary! 😨
camanchie.. (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-12)
craziness.......i think I would have did a power dive into one of the other beds swinging bibles and crucifixes........sorry but that would of scared the bagezzes out of me..........but cool story....as much as it would scare me I still want to see one.....later ghost friends...
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-09)
Well, once you experience something out of the ordinary then you will probably not be prepared(excuse me for that)but you know, less scared, more alert and you know what to expect. Well, at least if it is the same ghost as before then what I'm saying it's right. But if you totally see something different and not like what you saw the last time, then we can't be prepared and not know what to expect. So I guess, Yvon, you payed much more attention to what I wrote than I thought anyone would, well, Yvon thanks for pointing that out. I also as well wrote some stories, The haunted blue house and A grandfather's experience. I'm not pressuring you to read them and post but I am just telling you IN CASE you would like to read them Melissa and you to Yvon, only if you want to though. bye bye and thanks to both of yall.
yvon (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-09)
How can we prepare on something that will "just" happen? I mean most of the time it happen when we less expect it to happen, and you cannot just tell yourself to always prepare just in case something appear out of nowhere. Anyway, that is a nice story.Regards.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-08)
Your very welcome Melissa, well I do understand that Andrea wouldn't care how many ghosts she saw but that she needed to get out of there fast, but still those ghosts probably were scary but weren't going to cause her any harm. I would also be completely scared if I were Andrea. Everybody feels scared sometimes and it's very normal, especailly when when you see souls of dead people and now that's what you call a ghost story, but sometimes people need to learn how to be brave and know that no matter what happens that they should be glad they're safe after what happened and that they are alive. I'm not trying to be teasing or mean about Andrea or you and although it's ok to be scared once in a while,(I understand Andrea totally since it's probably the first time she saw anything of the sort)and after that one experience, we should be braver and more prepared by the next time we encounter something of the paranormal and well that's all for now and I enjoyed the stories totally and I hope you can write(type)more.
Melissa (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-08)
Thanks for your feedback Janice. Well, definitely I won't go back there. After what happened, never! Andrea is ok, she used to it. I mean used to her gift though sometimes she cannot avoid feeling scared which is just normal I think, and about how many ghost she saw, she don’t know also, she freak out already and all she wants is to get out there. Any way thanks again for your feedback. I hope you enjoyed reading it. :)
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-07)
Hey Melissa, I believe every word of that story, because it's true. I think that what Andrea experienced was truly scary and made my own blood run cold, I hope she's okay. Well, those people or souls of the people that once lived there like to creep living people out. Did she say how many she saw? Poor girl, she must've been scared to death and I can understand her, along with you and all of the other girls who were there, I'm sure. It was really good of you to see what was wrong with her and go outside with her, just be there for her you know? which I'm sure you already do, and she will be there for you, garanteed. I'm sure you won't ever go back there after that experience, or at least Andrea. Well, what more can I say about this? I think I'm done and I sure was glad to give you a feedback, if you have anything you wish to tell me, feel free to...tell me. Well bye, from your friend, Janice. ;-)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: