You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunting Of My (other) House

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunting Of My (other) House

 

I have written about my less-than pleasant encounters in my Mum's house - now I'm going to write about my other house (owned by my dad).

It's haunted by at least 4 entities - my deceased dog, a woman in a blue trench coat, a man with a top hat and what I can only describe as a black mist.

My dog didn't die in the house but we keep several of his belongings such as his collar, his toys and his bones are buried in the backyard so he might of latched himself onto one of those objects. I now have two cats. They hiss at thin air at times (to be fair, one of them attacked his reflection the other day so it doesn't really mean anything). My cat Daisy also attacked something in thin air a few weeks ago.

I've also seen my dog out of the corner of my eye, as well as waking up to feeling paws pad down on me. I always feel safe when I'm around his presence.

The woman in the blue trench coat likes appearing in doorways. I sometimes see her in the downstairs bathroom doorway. I had a friend stay round my house once and he said he could see her in my bedroom doorway smiling at him.

The said-friend had the most notable encounter. I had 3 friends round - him and two others. He went to the bathroom and came back looking really pale. He said someone banged on the door and yelled at him to get out. None of us had done it. He said it was a man who told him to. He left immediately after. I believe this man is the man in the top hat.

I only saw the man in the top hat once - Halloween 2017 I think. I was put in charge of giving out sweets to trick or treaters. There was a knock at the door. Through the glass window on our door, I could see a man in a top hat. I opened the door and no one was there. I heard a disembodied voice say "trick or treat." The street was empty.

The black mist was my scariest experience in that house. My cat was on my window sill and I was stroking her. Then, the mist... Can't really describe it... Slammed against my window. My cat hissed like crazy and I screamed. My family thought it might have been a bird. It was definitely not a bird.

Those are the main things. There have also been weird noises, disembodied footsteps, me hearing talking in rooms when I was home alone and doors opening and closing.

I am aware the previous owner was very sick before we moved in. I believe this could be the women in the trench coat. I have no clue who the man or mist could be.

Other hauntings by Filmbuff1234

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Filmbuff1234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-22)
It sounds to me as though the black mist and man in the top hat are the same entity. I think it has been trying to gain entry into your home but has been kept out for whatever reason - maybe the lady in blue, maybe your dog, maybe a previous resident set up some form of wards. If I were you, I might want to firm up those wards - lines of salt are fairly simple and said to be pretty effective.

Also, "Top Hat Man" is a fairly known and commonly occurring entity/phenomenon - search for him on this site and you will find plenty of accounts - he is a bit of a baddie. It would be interesting to see if you find anything similar to what you have experienced.
Junglecat (2 stories) (56 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-19)
Filmbuff,

I'm glad to hear that the black mist didn't enter your home. It might have slammed into the window by accident. I've seen black misty-looking things moving very quickly but they always had a shape to them and I was sure that if they stopped, I would have been able to focus to identify them. That seems to differ from yours.

You might have let the top hat guy in by accident. He sounds like he could be a ghost. I don't know if they just walk through walls into any closed building. I've never heard of that.

Bbrown,

Your story definitely warrants it's own thread, copied over from a Word edit for spelling. It doesn't relate closely enough to this one to be posted here. We would all like to see your accompanying photo.
bbrown (1 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-05-17)
I'm going to open up and talk about my experience in the little town house I moved into. That Sunday I was up late unpacking boxes and just excited. And then Hurd my sons blinds bang around. It honestly sounded like someone was braking in. So I opened the front door and no one was there. Confused, and still trying to figure out what that was I walked into my sons room and found his blinds bent. Seeing that definitely scared me a bit. But I brushed that night and moved on to the next night. Months living there now I witnessed more activity happening. Foot steps would appear in my hall way at 3 in the morning. I was always woke up at 3 in the morning too. And I found that to be really wierd too sense I've never done that, waking up at the same time every night. I Hurd tapping on my walls, I at this point just new something was wrong. Because this isn't normal the way I felt being in my home wasn't normal at all. So I started reaserching on how to get what was ever in my home OUT! And I new it was a bad energy because I was always afraid and my daughter would never sleep in her room. She was terrified so I started taking pictures everywhere in my home at the time it would start. And caught a picture of a demonic figure standing what looks to be very tall standing in the corner trying to hide in her room. The picture that I took startled me to the point that I new what I had to do was call a priest or a pastor and have my home blessed. After that I wouldn't stay at my house unless I had a friend or my sister come over. I was too scared I would sleep with my Bible ever night because I was so scared. Then one night again, I woke up and seen this black shadow that looked like a human form crawl coming out of my living room it past my bedroom door back into the hallway. After seeing that. I was in complete shock because now I seen it with my own two eyes and I wasn't asleep. Another night had past and I then had one of my friends come over. Well she slept with me to try and comfort me. And it turned very very creepy. I woke up at the same time again 3:00 and woke up to her awake just staring at me and she wasn't even blinking I asked her why are you awake and just staring at me like that lol she didn't say a word. She then placed her hand on my chest and I instantly fell asleep. So the next morning came and I asked her hey do you remember last night when you woke up and was just staring at me. She looked at me confused and said Brittany I never woke up last night, so I don't know what your talking about. She didn't remember any of it. So I then Called my pastor from my church and he prayed for me and my house and I broke down and prayed too I was crying out. And demanding it to leave! And after that I had one thing happen to me and it was when I was asleep I felt something like come out of me. It felt kind of like a volt. It's hard to explain but after that nothing else happened. It's like it all stopped and went away. And I felt happy and so relieved.
Filmbuff1234 (13 stories) (33 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-05-17)
oraclemache that sounds like a really good idea. I'd definitely feel better if I understood more about my experiences and I know there are several other people out there that feel like they need help too. I haven't seen the black mist since then - still no idea what it could be. Thank you.
oraclemache (2 stories) (11 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-16)
hi filmbuff1234,
You are a sesative in my opinion, but I imagine you have already gathered that for yourself.
The mist when I have ran into a black mist, I would recommend just steering clear of it. I would not acknowledge or make attempts to interact with it. I do not know what it is exactly.
I am thinking of creating something on the internet for young sensatives such as yourself. A place to be able to talk to those that might understand what is happening to them. Mentors will be available like myself, and those of your own age, to be able to vent to about things your other friends might not understand.
It is an idea I am throwing around. What do you think?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: