You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: An Odd Sleepover

Real Ghost Stories

An Odd Sleepover

 

Too start off I live in a two storey house with an attic above the second storey and my bedroom is just below the opening to the attic, I was twelve when this happened and I am now near too the age of 18.

It was my twelfth birthday and my friends and I were in the house by ourselves, we had set up a den underneath a cabinet bed and we had the TV in my room on as a light. We were just talking about secrets and gossip as you do as a twelve year old when my television suddenly turned off. At this point we were all scared out of our minds to dare leave the den. My friend Danni eventually bucked up the courage to leave the den and make her way to the light switch. The light turned on and we all left the den in order to find out the reason the television turned off. When I looked at it I attempted to press the on button in case it had gone onto standby which it hadn't. I followed the cable to a plug socket located behind my wardrobe. The socket was unreachable for me and that was when I noticed the plug had been switched from on too off. None of us could reach it so we left on my lamp for the rest of the night.

We left the den later on that night to sleep on the matrasses laid out on the floor of my bedroom for us to sleep on. My friend and I were the only two left awake when we heard a slight noise from the hallway so I got up (bearing in mind I was scared) and opened the door quickly to go and check on my younger sister. She was okay but as I went over to check on her I swear that earlier a large teddy bear that was now on her bed used to be on her cabinet. I didn't really think much of this however. I went back into my room to find all of my friends awake and upright. They said they heard footsteps in the hallway but I told them to go to sleep and ignore it. It was probably me checking up on my sister. Right?

The main thing I want answers too is the fact that the plug socket had been switched off when it was out of reach because too this day I still can't find a suitable explanation

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, naomi16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-07)
This could be a spirit, or it could of been one of your friends toes grabbing the cord no realizing it was the cable to the tv, so they might have riped it out. You also said that it was unreachable were your friend again not realizing that it was the plug holder, might have pushed it back with their feet.

You also said that your sisters bear was on the cabinet, and when you checked on her again, it was on her bed. Before you checked on her again she could have grabbed her bear from the cabinet but it depense the amount of time before you checked on her again.
naomi16 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
I agree with you both with respect, however as I said at the begining my mum and dad werent in the house at the time. I will ask my mum about the fuse thing 😁 thanl you both very much for the addvice
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-09)
Is there any chance that your Mom or Dad used a broom handle or long stick to turn the switch off as a 'Hint' it was time to sleep?

As far as the noise you went to investigate and then checked on your sister... Could it have been her retrieving the large bear from cabinet and setting it on her bed so she could sleep with it?

Respectfully,

Rook
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Hi naomi16

Do you have 'safety switches' in your fuse box at home? Basically if something trips the power the safety switch will activate and appliances will turn themselves off. Just a thought of waht this may have been... 😊
terminaterdon (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Where was the socket? Was it near the openning in the attic? Then something might have dropped on the switch

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: