You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Something Odd With My Baby

Real Ghost Stories

Something Odd With My Baby

 

This is the second experience that I share, and I'm actually looking for some help to understand it better so every opinion and insight is very much welcomed. I will apoligise ahead if this becomes a little lengthy but I feel like that the details are important.

I'd like to start by saying that I am a very proud mother to a handsome 4 year old little man and a beautiful 19 month old little doll (like I usually call them:) ). This only happened to my daughter, my son never showed any abnormal behaviour or reaction during the experience.

On to our experience, it all started when my baby girl turned 2 months old. Until then she was being fed every 3 hour and would need about 90ml (very rarely 120ml) of her formula to keep her satisfied, but it all changed about 2 days after turning 2 months... One morning she took about 30ml of her bottle and refused to take more, I didn't insist because she could still be full from the early hours bottle. After another 3 hours I noticed she was starting to get a little grumpy so I prepared her bottle, and once again she only took about 30/40ml. As a concerned (and very chicken mother) like I am, decided to call her pediatrician and explained the situation. He said that if she wasn't having a fever (she wasn't), nor crying as if she was in pain to let her keep her pace, offer her bottle every 5 hours during that day. As there wasn't any other symptoms that it could be normal, babies also have days like that, he said. So I did just that, she was normal in everything else but she would refuse to feed more than 30ml, and to me and even my husband it wasn't okay! She used to feed every 3 hours or so and always on the 90ml! That night she only took 50ml, and I just kept my concern... The next morning the same thing, so I decided to call her doctor again and made an appointment for that same afternoon. I have full confidence in her pediatrician, he's a very capable doctor with about 40 years of experience, and I chose him because he had been my doctor too and my parents always said that he always did what was right. He checked on my baby girl, and said she was perfectly fine. In fact, apart from her almost refusal to feed I'd would say that too. Then he said that like every person, every baby has their pace. Even gave an example of a baby who was also a patient of him that only needed to be fed 3/4 times a day and was gaining weight like any other baby who was fed about 6 times a day.

I started to think I was being paranoid, took his advice and headed home.

It had been 3 days after her appointment in the doctor and she kept the same behaviour toward her bottle. My mom, who lives right next to me and came by everyday to check on us, also thought it to be strange that a baby that was always very hungry suddenly couldn't stand the formula (forgot to mention that during that time also changed the brand of the formula to check if it had anything to do with my baby's reaction). So she told me that a very good friend of hers had a friend with a gift (psychic) and for some peace of mind we should go and visit her. We managed to make an appointment for that day, thanks to the good and kind friend of my mother. Off we went, arrived to her office, and there were about 4 people in the awaiting room. By that time my baby was sleeping peacefully.

When the person who was in the appointment came out with the gifted lady my baby girl woke up crying out loud all of a sudden, she said we were next and asked me if she could take my baby (still crying) into her arms. I agreed and we got in the office and sat down. The lady started making the signal of the cross on my baby girl several times while whispering some prayers (I couldn't exactly make out what she was saying but I am positive that she mentioned the Holy Virgin and the Lord's prayer), and then suddenly my daughter ceased crying, just stared at the lady quietly while she smiled at my baby with the most kind look I have ever seen...

She told me to change my baby's diaper and cut it in cross, throw it to a river and when I get home to bath her in white rose petals, and then throw them away, also, in a river. The next day I had to lit 2 white candles and put 3 candies in a a spot we call "Alminhas". I don't know if you have something similar in your country, but in Portugal there are some spots in the side of some roads which have some kind of an altar usually with the Virgin Mary or a traditional Saint, or even Jesus. This is where I had to lit the 2 white candles and leave the 3 candies.

Right after the bath, I offered the bottle to my baby girl and she took 70ml out of the 90ml, and I was very happy. The next morning- before going to lit the candles and leave the candies- she woke up in a very good mood, unusually gassy (don't know if this is important or not, so I am sorry if it's not) and hungry. Yes, she took the 90ml I had prepared her and probably would drink more if I had made it... From then on she started feeding normally (every 3/4 hours on 90 to 120ml).

I was so overwhelmed by the result of the appointment with the gifted lady, that didn't even ask her what was causing my baby to react that way. Now looking back that was a mistake, but all that matters is that after that my baby got back to "normal". As I'm still very curious I'd like to know if someone has had any similar experience or can give me any clue to what might have happened.

Almost forgot to mention that the lady also said that if my baby didn't get better in 3 days we should go back and take some dirt from the house, because "it" could be in the house. Truth is, we didn't need to do that.

Thank you for taking your time reading our experience and any insight will be very much appreciated.

God Bless.

Other hauntings by BeautInside

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BeautInside, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-26)
lookingforamiracle,

I am sooo relieved by your reply about the incident not having affected your sister negatively or being some sort of omen for the future! 😁 I am very, very relieved 😁

You know, I try to put it on the back of mind because everything is fine now, but I still get the feeling that my daughter might a bit more sensitive than the average... Maybe it's just because that incident is still vivid on my mind, I don't know...
About the Djinn, I googled it and accordingly to my understanding it is a type of spirit capable of influencing a human being, am I right? I believe good fellow AugustaM mentioned the term psychic vampires in one of her comments, which is an entity capable of feeding of human energy. Could we possibly be talking about the same entity under different names/terms?

Well, thank you so much for replying, I am very happy that everything turned out to be okay for your sister and family! 😊

Blessings.
lookingforamiracle (3 stories) (16 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-25)
Hi BeautInside,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually the maulana said something like a Djinn (I don't know what they call them in other places, but they are supposed to be made of fire and some are evil) was the reason for it all, as probably what they say for any such paranormal incidents.

My sister has always been the compassionate one in the family, she grew up to be the most loved one among all our cousins. But yeah she always had incidents in her life which could not be explained by logic, but nothing serious or harmful.

Take Care
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-21)
Hi lookingforamiracle,

Thank you for taking the time to comment! ❀

I am sorry but I've been absent and only saw your comment now... I would like to ask you a few questions, and even if they'll remain unswared, because of the time gap, I'll still leave them here:

Did the maulana say what was actually wrong with your sister?
While growing up, did your sister experience anything out of the ordinary (paranormal) often?

Thank you very much for commenting once again. 😊

Blessings.
lookingforamiracle (3 stories) (16 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-23)
Hi BeautInside!

Your post is already couple months old but I was just going through it and wanted to comment since my parents had a similar experience with my sister.
We are from India and this happened when she was about 7 months old, they took her to a nearby park in the evening I guess. And she was quite healthy and fit but she suddenly started crying. And this crying and sleeping in between and then crying again went on for couple of days and she was completely refusing milk and formula and everything. They took her to doctors also but nothing worked, she reached a point where she was so weak that my parents couldn't hear her crying even clearly or may she became too weak to cry also.
Then one of my father's cousin told him about some religious man they call maulana (priest in urdu), and my parents took my sister to him.
He took my sister in his hand and was reciting some prayers all along and then he gave my mom a taveez (prayers or paragraphs from quran written on paper) and asked my mom to dip the paper in water and to bathe my sister with that water and my mom did exactly the same after coming back home.
As soon as she started pouring water on my sister, my sister started reacting to it a little, by the time she was done bathing her, she started crying a little and then my mom gave her milk and she started drinking. It took her a while to gain her strength and be normal again.
I am only sharing it as I was told by my parents, since I am younger to her I was not even born then.

You take care of your baby girl.

Regards
Nazz
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-05)
Hi LagrimasSilenciosas 😊

Welcome to YGS!
Thank you so much for commenting my experience, now I know this wasn't an only time case and there's someone who can relate to this too.
You were suffering from the same symptoms as my baby daughter at the time, and just like your parents we also sought medical assistance to no avail. Fortunately we were able to solve the situation in less than a week, otherwise that would be too tough for a 2 month old baby.
I believe my baby had some entity attached to her that was somehow feeding off of her energy, but looking back to how the gifted lady treated her I also believe that it had something to do with a child. I just can't understand why, because there wasn't any death at my house; this is lingering in air. Maybe, as my good fellow Melda suggested, my baby girl is a bit more sensitive than us and it made that lost soul grow attached to her, but only time will prove it...

Once again, thank you very much to take the time to create the account to comment on my experience; I really do appreaciate that and it is good to know that there is at least one similar case that we can relate to, and this really does make me feel sane lol.

Nice to meet you! 😁

Blessings.
LagrimasSilenciosas (1 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-04)
Okay I had to make an account just to post on this! I am Portuguese too and I had a similar experience happen to me when I was a kid. When my family and I had gone back to "the old country" on vacation we went to visit a family memeber's grave and after we left I started refusing to eat. My parents took me to every doctor and specialist they could find and they all said there was nothing wrong with me. It got to the point where I had not eaten for several days and I had already lost all strength and couldn't stand/walk on my own. My Tia and her sogra took me and did a private ceremony (with just the two of them and me) after we came home they put me to bed. From what my mom tells me the next day I bolted down the stairs of my Tia's house and told them I was hungry... Just like that I was cured... The surprise twist ending:
They said it was my paternal grandfather who had put a curse on me!

He was mean in life and apparently stayed that way in death!

I am glad your baby is better! Hurray for Bentos! ❀
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-04)
Hi AugustaM,

Thank you for replying 😊

I made a research a couple of days ago and if I understood correctly the term psychic vampire can be applied to a living person too. Either way it sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it!

Thank you once again, you sure made things even more clearer. 😊

Blessings.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-04)
Hi BeautInside - a psychic vampire is allegedly an entity which feeds off of the life force of a living being. They live like parasites on a host. But unlike 'regular' vampires, they don't have fangs, suck blood or look like Bella Lugosi or sparkly Edward Cullen - they feed off of energy. That's about all I know, you can probably poke around Google or the library and find far more than what I can tell you - one way or the other it's sure to be an interesting search, anyway:)
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-25)
Hi AugustaM,

What are psychic vampires? Never heard about it, but truly hope this wasn't the case... Just the term vampire sends chills down my spine 😲

I think this was just a child that somehow got attached to my baby daughter, as Melda already mentioned maybe my daughter is a bit sensitive which led to this experience... Even though nothing happened since then (so grateful for that) I'd really like to believe this wasn't an evil entity. But I don't know much about this subject so I can't take nothing for granted and I'm looking for some insights.

If you, or someone, could let me have some background on those psychic vampires I'd truly appreciate that. Never heard about them and I like learning.

Thank you for reading and commenting my account. 😊

Blessings.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-25)
Hey Mack, your second response made me think - you raise a good question in terms of motivation... Why would an entity latch onto an infant? Only thing I can come up with is that a negative entity would go after an infant for the same reason any earthly predator would - because it is weak. Maybe it just wanted to drain the infant's energy - it was nothing personal to the infant... Possibly not even to the family... It just needed the energy and the baby was a source that could not fight back. Reminds me of psychic vampires - though I couldn't say if that's what was active here. Although, in terms of human life force as energy to be drained, predatory tendency, no motive other than to feed... The whole vampire thing does kind of fit.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-22)
We just realised that around the same time the pacifiers kept disappearing. We would search for it but could not find it so we would change to the spare pacifier only to find the one we thought we lost where we had looked for it! It happen about 2 or 3 times but it was around the same time the toys were going off. Oh my... I think you might be right Tweed πŸ˜•
But it never happened again, and we rulled it out thinking we were just tired and forgot we left it there and didn't see it when searched for it... Now that you mentioned the small things I was commenting with my hubby and he reminded me of that incident and we both recall it to happen around the time our daughter was having trouble feeding! You might be right!
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-22)
Hi Tweed,

That is what I think, but I have discussed this incident with my husband again and everything we can remember that could be strange is toys going off by themselves, either during the day or night... After seeing the gifted lady we don't recall it happening again.
Still, you really have a good point of view! I can't say there was a lot going on, what I think more curious was the improvement of my baby daughter after visiting and following the instructions of the lady.
Really appreciate your comment 😊
Blessings.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-22)
Hi BeautInside,

I don't really know what to make of this. But I'd like to highlight the idea there would've been something noticeable in the home, however slight. I think, like surely? This is one of those things where the benefit of hindsight will help. You've got this narrative here to read back on which is great, I also suggest taking notes/keeping a journal if you don't already.

Thanks for sharing.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-21)
Good morning everyone (yeah it's 08h40 p.m. Here),

RCRuskin- I have tried contacting the gifted lady about a week after the events to thank her and ask her exactly what was wrong with my baby. I was able to get her phone number through my mom's friend but she didn't answer... For what we were told she had days that she would feel very tired and weak and wouldn't be working, I know I kept her number somewhere in my house but can't recall it where πŸ˜• I'll look for it during the week-end. As the gifted lady lives next door to a relative of mym mom's friend, and if I don't manage to find her number, I will ask my mom if whenever she speaks to her friend if she can ask directely to the gifted lady about my baby's case when she goes to visit her relative.
You know, I am very thankful that everything worked fine for us and there's nothing going on since that time, but not knowing exactly what caused the whole situaton for someone who always like to have na answer for everything (like me) can be quite unsettling.

Mack- Honestly I do not think it had anything to do with possession (thank God), mostly because besides her almost complete refusal to feed she was perfectly fine. She was a quite baby, slept almost the whole night... I really go for a lost soul of a small child because the gifted lady only said some prayers and instructed us on how to handle the rest. There's was no Bible involved or holy water, or anything of that sort.
My son never mentioned anything strange and never acted differently, it only happened with my baby. Also, apart from some toys going off by themselves in the middle of the night or during the day, neither my husband my mother or I noticed anything out of the ordinary in the house. Actually, my house was built for us so that is a house with about 7 years only. Even though there was na old house that had to be torn down in order for my house to be built, it belonged to my family and nobody died in the house.
I agree with you and I don't think it was a negative spirit, and if it really was a ghost/spirit it might had been a lost soul only and my baby felt it that way... Maybe.
And yes, you've been very much of assistance! I mean you all have been, I can't talk with everybody about this because they'd probably think I am crazy! It is really conforting to have people like you who are capable of helping instead of judging 😊

Melda- I think exactly the same! Perhaps I was so overwheled by the whole situation and just kept thanking her that didn't even gave her the time to explain me what was going on... Or maybe she thought that I didn't want to know.
The thought of my baby being more sensitive than my son, my husband and I has already crossed my mind. It's curious that you brought it up too! I also think that time will tell.:)

Once again, thank you all for your support and taking your time to contribute with your opinion. 😊

Almost forgot, yes we do celebrate Easter RCRusking with the chocolat eggs and everything:)

Blessings.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-21)
BeautInside - I found your account extremely interesting. I would love to know what the gifted lady "diagnosed" regarding your baby! I wonder why she didn't tell you?

It would seem that some or other spirit was attached to your baby because as soon as you completed all her instructions, the baby was back to normal and thriving. It boggles the mind as to why an entity would undermine the well-being of a two-month old child.

I'm very pleased to hear that your little girl is now doing well. Perhaps she has some psychic abilities? Time will tell 😊

Regards, Melda
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
Hi Beautinside

It's interesting. Yes it could have been a coincidence that your baby's formula intake returned to normal. However, it could be that the woman who you visited had some healing ability and was able to help your daughter as well.

I personally haven't heard of spiritual possession or attachment of a negative spirit on an infant, not to say it doesn't happen, and I assume as baby's and infants can't speak, we don't know as they can't explain what they are feeling / experiencing.

One always has to remember motives of spirits. They are, (or once were in some cases), humans just like us who do things for a reason. If there was a very unenlightened soul that for some reason wanted to harm your baby, or harm you via your baby, then I would assume there would be more easy and direct methods for it to do that (sorry, that's an awful thought but true none-the-less)

Do you understand what I mean?

Also, a negative entity who wanted to harm your baby, or yourself, may also target your other loved ones such as your son and Mother.

Rook is knowledgeable on possessions and may add his views, but for me, a spirit can only attempt possession / influence to the negative, if the human body / soul is in an already weakened state through drugs, mental illness or such like.

As your baby appeared fairly content and healthy, although feeding less, I don't know for sure if there was a negative spirit attachment to it.

It appears that spirits can be attracted to pubescent children / teenagers. There are many well documented cases of hauntings whereby a teenager, often a psychologically disturbed or upset child is at the centre of it. Theories are there some energy released around puberty that attracts or feeds these entities, gives them the ability to manifest and interact on the physical plane, generally for the worse. I haven't heard of infants being the focus of hauntings, although it well may have happened.

Did you and your Mother or partner sense or experience any other abnormal or "paranormal" activity in your home around that time, separate from your child not feeding?

But as RCRuskin has pointed out, it would be very interesting to re-visit the "gifted lady" and ask what she saw or felt was the matter with your infant. That may clear it up and give you the answers you seek.

Anyway, I hope I have been of some assistance to you.

Regards

Mack
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
God bless you too, and Happy Easter (if you celebrate the holiday).

Two things to trust: an expert's opinion, though the expert might be wrong so it's okay to consult another expert, and a mother's gut feeling. I put a bit more trust in a mother's gut feeling though.

If possible, do you think you could contact the psychic again and ask her what the diagnosis was? I'm curious. Your position does make sense, however.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
Hi Mack,

At first I thought it was normal, that she could've been full from eating too much. But then, when she kept the same behaviour day after day I thought it was strange because I never had anything similar happening to my son.
Something didn't feel right but I couldn't understand why, my mom felt the same way too and that's why she suggested seeing the lady with the psychic abilities, or gifted lady as I like to call her.
After rulling every logical explanations that was all that was left. So if I can take a guess (this is really just a guess) accordingly to what I felt afterwards, it might had been a child that for some reason got attached to my baby. Because the bath with white petals seemed like a cleansing and then when said to leave 2 white candles and 3 candies, but mainly the candies remind me of children... But I may be wrong, and I am trying to find some other pausible insights or anyone that could relate to this. But the truth is, after doing what we were told by the gifted lady (coincidence or not) my baby got back to normal.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my account. 😊

Blessings.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-04-20)
Hi Beautinside
Thanks for sharing. Very intriguing experience - I am the father of three children (well I'm pretty sure I am πŸ˜†) so I can relate. Glad to hear she started feeding again.
Can I ask you; what do YOU think was affecting your baby?
You've posted this experience on a Ghost Story web site so you must have some opinions about what was affecting your child?
That might be a good starting point then we can maybe offer some relevant advice and discuss?
Regards
Mack

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: