You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Questionable Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

Questionable Shadows

 

When I was around 13 years old I was living in a nice trailer in Abilene. This trailer was in a trailer park that had had a few shootings and even murders. It was a bit frightening to move into, but I didn't think anything bad would happen. While living in the house I had a habit of having panic attacks in the middle of the night. I would wake up scared and start pacing my room and wandering down the hallway, trying to stay as calm as possible. My dad also experienced panic attacks while living there.

One night I was laying in bed and happened to glance over. Just outside of my doorway was what looked like a women's figure standing there. But unlike any human, this figure was a bright white, practically glowing. After spending the next hour laying there stunned, I finally slid underneath my covers and didn't look out from beneath them again that night. It was the only time I ever saw the figure.

A few years later, after we had been moved out of that house for a while, my dad and grandma got to talking about our time living there. I had never mentioned my experience to anyone, mostly because I thought they wouldn't believe me and also because I was scared. But my dad mentioned that one night while living there he awoke in a sweat and panic. He looked down the hallway towards my room and said he had seen a white figure standing outside my doorway and our usually fearless and protective dog was standing by the door at the other side of the hallway, just sniffing and shaking. She refused to go down the hallway to my bedroom. My dad, scared by this, had my mom go to check on me. My mom is a non-believer when it comes to anything supernatural, and said she saw nothing outside my door.

My dad never told me about this until the topic came up years later. He also told me that when they had the place inspected before we moved in they had discovered a weird smell coming from the bathroom by my bedroom. The inspector said it had seemed like someone had laid in there and died. Which could have explained the mysterious white figure standing right outside my door. And though I haven't experience a supernatural experience since, I will always be a believer in the unexplainable.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KatieMarie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-01)
Yeah, I'm going to go with DARKNESS on this one. The smell, the panic attacks? It all adds up to paranormal interference to me.

Jav
out2getu (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-01)
you said it was a white figure right? Well was it a full figure or just a white shadow either one sounds like a gardian angel I think I might know why you are having panic attacks (it probably stupid but hey I'm only 14) maybe you are have a reaction when your "gardian angel" touches you same with your dad and I have no explinaition to the smell in your bathroom xxxx

From out2getu xxxx
LydiaJoi10 (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
This glowing white woman figure sounds like a possible Guardian Angel too me. And I can't help to be a little taken back from the fact that your Father would send your Mother to check on you and not check on you his self regardless if he was scared, I wonder if he heard something like someone possibly attmepting to break in, would he then send her to check that out too, lol! As far as the smell goes, considering that it was coming from the bathroom, it could've very well been the sewer line or septic tank backed up. Anywho, Thanks for sharing 😉
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Hmm I'm leaning towards these experiences having been a cause for the panic attacks all together, you were sensing something that wasn't right and dadaa you both see a woman figure staring at you.
You mention about the smell etc from the bathroom, I think that itself definitely has its roll to play in your account. Something to think about anyway!

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
I have to agree with MizMiMi. I think this was a spirit watching out for you or just a curious spirit. This had to be your Dad first experience, because I was shocked when he had his wife (your mom) go check on you. I enjoyed the story though.

Thank you for sharing
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
You said both you and your dad had panic attacks? Sounds like you had someone watching over you, maybe even trying to calm your fear. Doesn't sound menacing to me, but I'm sure it frightened you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: